Where are all the Davante Adams haters now ?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Regardless of what was said a few years ago, and there were a lot of critics, Davante Adams is a bonafide #1 receiver, and at this point I would put him in my top 5 of the NFL. No less than top 7.

His footwork is impeccable.

The Packers need to work on finding a couple of complimentary players this offseason to put around Davante to where defenses cannot just key on him. He was able to get open consistently last night, but I worry about what will happen if teams are able to effectively bracket him.

Perhaps Graham and Jones will prove to be able to take the pressure off (and Graham had a few money catches last night), but moving forward, the Packers need better options.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
In Davante's rookie season, I loved him. I will admit in his second season, I did not think he had the ability to be a number 1 or even number 2 receiver. At the time that was a fair assessment. His catch percentage was hardly 50% and he only scored one touchdown all season. His numbers looked identical to that of MVS from this season. Then, Davante focused on improving. He spent overtime on the ***** machine, became more focused on getting better and in his third season he had 12 more TDs and almost 1,000 receiving yards. Since then, Adams has improved as a pass catcher, route runner and leader and is a legitimate #1 WR and IMO top 5 WR in the NFL.
What did I learn from this? Players can improve if they want to put in the work. I will not write off MVS or other players that have a down year. I will pay attention to how they practice and handle the offseason though.

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair I remember a fair share of forum members thought we dropped the ball drafting him.

This board wasn't the only one back then. It is great to see him develop into one of the top WRs in the game. He truly is the sole focal point of DBs on every team we face but somehow, someway Adams finds a way to get open and make big plays

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
He has always been a slick receiver he did have a lot drops earlier in career but he was the fastest WR the Packers had and seems to get crazy open a lot, when Rodgers targets you a lot that’s big for any Packer receiver never ever thought he should have been cut

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always amazes me how some of the most delusional never stick around the forum...old crookedfinger has been MIA for a long time
it's a good thing or they'd start piling up. We have enough to deal with the way it is.

isocleas2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Davante's rookie season, I loved him. I will admit in his second season, I did not think he had the ability to be a number 1 or even number 2 receiver. At the time that was a fair assessment. His catch percentage was hardly 50% and he only scored one touchdown all season. His numbers looked identical to that of MVS from this season. Then, Davante focused on improving. He spent overtime on the ***** machine, became more focused on getting better and in his third season he had 12 more TDs and almost 1,000 receiving yards. Since then, Adams has improved as a pass catcher, route runner and leader and is a legitimate #1 WR and IMO top 5 WR in the NFL.
What did I learn from this? Players can improve if they want to put in the work. I will not write off MVS or other players that have a down year. I will pay attention to how they practice and handle the offseason though.

Adams was injured in year 2 and he wasnt in year 1 or 3, that's the only difference I remember.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
They are in the Rashan Gary thread tearing him to shreds.

Just like they did to Adams, Nelson, N. Collins, Bakhtiari, Kenny Clark and even A. Rodgers his first few seasons.

So, next year we can have a similar thread about R. Gary...can't wait!

D

Deleted member 6794

You would have released him in his rookie seasons for a few dropped passes !

There wasn't a single poster suggesting to release Adams during his rookie season but several wanted him gone in his second year in the league.

In Davante's rookie season, I loved him. I will admit in his second season, I did not think he had the ability to be a number 1 or even number 2 receiver. At the time that was a fair assessment. His catch percentage was hardly 50% and he only scored one touchdown all season. His numbers looked identical to that of MVS from this season. Then, Davante focused on improving.

Adams being injured during his second season played a huge role in him struggling that year.

They are in the Rashan Gary thread tearing him to shreds.

I haven't seen a single poster thinking that way about Gary.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought we should cut Adams, but his sophomore year was rough. Everyone was happy with him as a rookie, but he really had a bad second year. I was not convinced Adams had a bright future at the time, but I'm glad to be proven wrong. Part of the issue, I think, was that Nelson was out all of 2015 and that pushed Adams into a bigger role that he should have been at that stage of his career.

D

Deleted member 6794

I never thought we should cut Adams, but his sophomore year was rough. Everyone was happy with him as a rookie, but he really had a bad second year. I was not convinced Adams had a bright future at the time, but I'm glad to be proven wrong. Part of the issue, I think, was that Nelson was out all of 2015 and that pushed Adams into a bigger role that he should have been at that stage of his career.

Adams being injured for most of his second season with the Packers was most likely the main reason for him struggling in 2015 though.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
I haven't seen a single poster thinking that way about Gary.

Really, not one critic of Gary around here?...

I'm sorry,I'll say what others wont.

this is a trash pick. Underwhelming his entire college career against big10 (NFL caliber) linemen. Huge, fast, can't get in backfield.

Cmon#30

These are not the traits you pick with the number 12 pick.
  • Production as rusher failed to match traits and talent
  • Rush plan is somewhat basic at this stage of development
  • Long-arm bull rush is his only real rush tool
  • Hands lack skill and have yet to be unlocked as rush weapon
  • Lacks classic hip bend to dip and run the arc
  • Runs himself around the pocket rather than working back under
  • Plays fast but with no regulator for control
  • Lacks instincts and awareness for misdirections and counters
  • Tends to lose pad level on inside counters
  • Doesn't come to balance consistently as open-field tackler

Great another all potential no production oh and injured player just great. Jeez come back with Jeffrey Simmons at #30 and we can have 2 players with injury histories. I hope I am wrong.

At this point, the Packers wouldn't get much in a trade for Gary. With his lack of production this season, GM's aren't going to put a premium on his combine workout. You are looking at a 4th round pick for him. If he gets 5 sacks the rest of the season, then maybe he could be traded. Otherwise, most GM's aren't going to risk much on a guy who looks like a bust so far.

I could add several more examples.

In fact, you have stated several times that the Packers would be better off had they drafted someone else. Kind of negative on Gary, no?

You even responded to the Sanguine camper quote above, but, as you say you never saw it. [sarc]

Members online

Latest posts