When Woodson comes back, T. Williams should be benched...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's a serviceable back up.

House, Hayward, and Shield have all proved they can play tons better. They've earned starting spots. Tramon is riding his 2010 playoff run interceptions.

Who was it that whiffed on his coverage assignment on that final drive? (Hint: NOT Tramon Williams)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Who was it that whiffed on his coverage assignment on that final drive? (Hint: NOT Tramon Williams)

Who was that got a flag for retaliation that allowed drive to get to the 1 and not be 4th down and fg attp?

Hint it wasnt a rookie or 2 or 3 rd year player

Point being every player has a bad moment..Some at end, some that still costs the team

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree for the most part with op. I could be cherry picking my memories, but he has not been all that great the last two years (making a lot of mental mistakes). I'm not really looking at this last game in a fish bowl or anything, yeah other people had miscues on D also, but TW's was glaring. My only real issue with op's idea is that I'd rather have Woodson at Safety. Maybe have Bush move up in the depth chart instead of flexing Woodson back to CB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree for the most part with op. I could be cherry picking my memories, but he has not been all that great the last two years (making a lot of mental mistakes). I'm not really looking at this last game in a fish bowl or anything, yeah other people had miscues on D also, but TW's was glaring. My only real issue with op's idea is that I'd rather have Woodson at Safety. Maybe have Bush move up in the depth chart instead of flexing Woodson back to CB.

Few guys on 1250 Am Milwaukee arent happy with Tramon's play this year either

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I'd have to go back ( I was in a bar all mad) but it looked like Capers played zone coverage where Hayward was the underneath guy? So not really his fault? Meanwhile Tramon has been bad for 2 years and given up the most passing yards in a season in NFL history, while PFF has Hayward ranked #1. So there's that.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who was that got a flag for retaliation that allowed drive to get to the 1 and not be 4th down and fg attp?

Hint it wasnt a rookie or 2 or 3 rd year player

Point being every player has a bad moment..Some at end, some that still costs the team

Virtually every player has moments like that. I don't blame him for retaliating. The timing just sucked. Either way, not the end of the world.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd have to go back ( I was in a bar all mad) but it looked like Capers played zone coverage where Hayward was the underneath guy? So not really his fault?

Hayward let the guy run right past him because he thought Ponder was going to run his way with it. It was a classic blown coverage.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So do the people disliking my post think Saturday should have not been benched or what? House is injured or he should be playing in place of Tramon. Plain and simple.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's switch the subject slightly- how much was Woodson missed this game and what can he contribute to next week's WC game to avoid a similar defensive debacle?

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
So do the people disliking my post think Saturday should have not been benched or what? House is injured or he should be playing in place of Tramon. Plain and simple.

I do not think he should be benched. That is why I disliked your post. It would seem that you have a PFF subscription, I'd be curious to know where they ranked Tramon.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do not think he should be benched. That is why I disliked your post. It would seem that you have a PFF subscription, I'd be curious to know where they ranked Tramon.

Oops he's ranked 4th. I was thinking about him being #1 as a rookie or #1 in opposing passer rating. Don't know where Tramon is ranked as I don't have a subscription.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Two years ago, he was basically playing with one arm. He did have a down year for sure but the coaches still felt like he was the best option.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Virtually every player has moments like that. I don't blame him for retaliating. The timing just sucked. Either way, not the end of the world.

I blame him. It's called discipline. When the game and possibly your season is on the line, you need to have it. 3rd and goal in a tie game in the 4th quarter is not the time. If you absolutely need to retaliate, at least learn to pick your spots.

Members online

Latest posts