What players would make you feel like Green Bay had a good draft?

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King 6'3" 200lbs
  • 40: 4.43
  • Vert : 39.5
  • 3 cone: 6.56
  • 20 yard shuttle: 3.89
Randall 5'11" 196
  • 40: 4.46
  • Vert: 38
  • 3 cone: 6.83
  • 20 yard shuttle: 4.07
King basically has Randall beat in every facet minus reps (14 vs 11), and he's 4 inches taller. Obviously there's more than just the combine when comparing players as well. And you're right King's play speed is a noted concern. I guess I'm just tired of drafting midget corners who aren't event fast

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
King 6'3" 200lbs
Randall 5'11" 196
King basically has Randall beat in every facet minus reps (14 vs 11), and he's 4 inches taller. Obviously there's more than just the combine when comparing players as well. And you're right King's play speed is a noted concern. I guess I'm just tired of drafting midget corners who aren't event fast

I have to tease you because.....you do know you are comparing King to Randall? The guy many think may washout at the position? ;)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
King 6'3" 200lbs
Randall 5'11" 196

I never thought I would see the day when people were complaining about TT drafting "midget corners." Has he ever taken a DB under 5'11"?

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how that changes anything. TT is allergic to short corners.

But I do love that the old "reading comprehension" bit came out so quickly.

You intentionally left out half of my sentence so you could complain about someone bashing TT.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You intentionally left out half of my sentence so you could complain about someone bashing TT.

No man. How does the speed thing change anything?

I just find it hilarious that TT, notorious for not drafting short DB's, is being criticized for drafting "midget" corners. Of any speed.

It would be like criticizing Al Davis for drafting slow dudes. It's nonsensical.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since we signed house we should use our first pick for a OLB or DE then if we get whatever we didn't between OLB and DE next. Now go with CB and groom him in preseason to be our number 1 corner and best in the NFL.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read this morning that Tony Pauline reports that a "source' in the Packers organization says they're focused on T.J. Watt with the 1st pick.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
plus tj is from wisconsin. i'm sure he learned a lot from jj but as for bloodline is concerned not too sure we could depend on that. just look at rodgers' brother. he ended up on the bachelor. then again t.j could learn a lot from clay.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
plus tj is from wisconsin. i'm sure he learned a lot from jj but as for bloodline is concerned not too sure we could depend on that. just look at rodgers' brother. he ended up on the bachelor. then again t.j could learn a lot from clay.

I don't think you need to rely on bloodlines with TJ. Nor should you ever do that with prospects (remember Casey Matthews?).

He's an elite athlete with a big frame who took to the 34OLB position really quickly and was really productive. I want that regardless of the last name.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you need to rely on bloodlines with TJ. Nor should you ever do that with prospects (remember Casey Matthews?).

He's an elite athlete with a big frame who took to the 34OLB position really quickly and was really productive. I want that regardless of the last name.

well, we are close to draft so lets enjoy the show! btw...I bet a million skittles that we pick up t.j as our first pick.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beckwith, Gedeon, Kizer and Jourdan Lewis are my top guys. If we can get 2 I'd be real happy. All 4 would make me ecstatic. On the 'never gonna happen' scale Garrett or Fournette dropping to 29 would be awesome.

D

Deleted member 6794

since we signed house we should use our first pick for a OLB or DE then if we get whatever we didn't between OLB and DE next. Now go with CB and groom him in preseason to be our number 1 corner and best in the NFL.

I don't feel the need to spend an early round pick on a defensive end. It would take a cornerback drafted after the second round more time to develop into a #1 cornerback and there's no guarantee that would ever happen.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No man. How does the speed thing change anything?

I just find it hilarious that TT, notorious for not drafting short DB's, is being criticized for drafting "midget" corners. Of any speed.

It would be like criticizing Al Davis for drafting slow dudes. It's nonsensical.

How does speed change anything at the cornerback position? Really? Randall and Rollins are both small, and neither are fast nor physical. Sometimes I wonder about some of the fans on this forum.

Go back and look through Thompson history of drafting corners and let's see how many of them panned out okay?

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they need to go OLB with their first pick. CB class is supposed to be very deep. They can get a good CB at 2 or 3.

My hope is they take TJ Watt. But with Ted you never know what he's thinking.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel the need to spend an early round pick on a defensive end. It would take a cornerback drafted after the second round more time to develop into a #1 cornerback and there's no guarantee that would ever happen.

It's going to be interesting nonetheless. If we do pick a CB in the 3rd round i'm sure not all is lost. Hopefully we do get a nice CB at the least.

n4t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall and Rollins are both small, and neither are fast nor physical.

So a 4.4 40 time is "not fast"? You don't say. How interesting. And 5'11" is small. Do tell? TT's corner acquisitions include Tramon Williams and Sam Shields. Keep talking, I'll make some popcorn. :)

To the thread; I don't watch much college ball. I am not going to get my ******* in a twist. I'm not going to set expectations based on internet news and a mouth-breathing media frenzy. There's plenty of folks who will do that because they don't know any better. No reason for me to pile on.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If TJ is available with the 29th pick in the Packers don't take him I would pretty much consider it a big mistake. I'm not saying he's going to be three-time defensive player of the year JJ level but I firmly believe he is going to be a most excellent NFL football player

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I just worry about TJ's knees. He's had a lot of issues.
He had 1 injury on each knee and only one required surgery. He played two full seasons after them with no apparent issues. I wouldn't really classify it as "a lot of issues" or at least nothing I have read points to being any more of a concern than most players.

My only concern with TJ is short term. He needs time in the weight room to add 10-20 lbs of muscle. Once that is accomplished, he is going to be a force.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He had 1 injury on each knee and only one required surgery. He played two full seasons after them with no apparent issues. I wouldn't really classify it as "a lot of issues" or at least nothing I have read points to being any more of a concern than most players.

My only concern with TJ is short term. He needs time in the weight room to add 10-20 lbs of muscle. Once that is accomplished, he is going to be a force.
I agree that Watt won't bloom completely until year 3. I think it will be steady progression.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things that jump out to me: I'm worried about drafting John Ross as he seems to be injury prone and doesn't possess a frame to absorb the punishment at the pro level. In addition I would be extremely disappointed about selecting Tyus Bowser in the first round.
I agree with you about John Ross. I still have to put in my BOLD predictions in the draft threat but I am willing to bet John Ross gets injured this incoming season and the next.