Positional Rankings

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
How do these guys stack up for you?

These are mine.

Quarterback: While lacking a true franchise QB, this class is fairly deep in interesting prospects. It wouldn't surprise me if any of the top 7 were starters at some point, while players like Dobbs offer developmental upside. Watson has obvious holes in his game, but at the QB position I value track record and winning %. History has shown that they matter.
  1. Deshaun Watson, Clemson
  2. Deshone Kizer, Notre Dame
  3. Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
  4. Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
  5. Nathan Peterman, Pittsburgh
  6. Davis Webb, Cal
  7. Brad Kaaya, Miami
  8. Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee
  9. Chad Kelly, Mississippi
  10. C.J. Beathard, Iowa

Running Back: Mixon is the best RB in this class, but I don't want the Packers to draft him. So that would make McCaffrey my de facto #1. He's a special athlete who is a good runner while at the same time can arguably be pegged at the best slot receiver and returner (along w/ Jackson) in this class. Cook has production, but he's a poor athlete, he's had some injuries, he's a fumbler, and the reports indicate that scouts are more worried about him off the field than Mixon. No thanks.
  1. Joe Mixon, Oklahoma
  2. Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
  3. Leonard Fournette, LSU
  4. Alvin Kamara, Tennessee
  5. Dalvin Cook, Florida State
  6. D'onta Foreman, Texas
  7. Jeremy McNichols, Boise State
  8. Marlon Mack, South Florida
  9. Brian Hill, Wyoming
  10. Samaje Perine, Oklahoma

Wide Receiver: The more I look into this class, the deeper I find it to be. I had to leave off some really good players to limit myself to 10 guys. John Ross would be my #1 were it not for his injury issues. I think his star will burn bright in the league and go out quickly. Zay Jones is probably my favorite guy for the Packers given his stellar athleticism and versatility. Josh Reynolds is underrated, in my opinion.
  1. Mike Williams, Clemson
  2. Corey Davis, W. Michigan
  3. John Ross, Washington
  4. Zay Jones, East Carolina
  5. Chris Godwin, Penn State
  6. Juju Smith-Schuster, USC
  7. Curtis Samuel, Ohio State
  8. Chad Hansen, Cal
  9. Josh Reynolds, Texas AM
  10. Amara Darboh, Michigan

Tight End: So many good players here. Howard is my #1 with a bullet, but there is a slew of athletic move TE prospects coming up behind him. Guys like Shaheen, Sprinkle, and Butt are nice "Y" tight end prospects, while Kittle and Smith are athletic H-Back types. It's a rare year at this position when you list 10 guys and leave quality off like Michael Roberts and Jordan Leggett.
  1. O.J. Howard, Alabama
  2. David Njoku, Miami
  3. Evan Engram, Mississippi
  4. Bucky Hodges, Va. Tech
  5. Gerald Everett, South Alabama
  6. Adam Shaheen, Ashland
  7. Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas
  8. George Kittle, Iowa
  9. Jake Butt, Michigan
  10. Jonnu Smith, FIU

Offensive Line: Despite potentially needing a RG, Packers fans know to keep an eye on OT prospects. Those guys tend to more often possess the type of athleticism that TT likes along the line. Dan Feeney, however, is a true guard who seems to fit the mold of a Thompson OL. Chase Roullier is another guy I really like for the Pack who didn't quite make the list.
  1. Garett Bolles, Utah
  2. Forrest Lamp, WKU
  3. Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin
  4. Cam Robinson, Alabama
  5. Taylor Moton, W. Michigan
  6. Antonio Garcia, Troy
  7. Dion Dawkins, Temple
  8. Dan Feeney, Indiana
  9. Pat Elflein, Ohio State
  10. Ethan Pocic, LSU
Defensive Line: This class is weak in general at this position. There are some decent role players, like Wormley as a versatile 34DE, or Tomlinson as a run stuffer. But generally, I think these guys are going to get overdrafted by teams that have needs at the position. Vanderdoes might end up being the best player of the group is he returns to his pre-injury form.
  1. Jonathan Allen, Alabama
  2. Malik McDowell, MSU
  3. Chris Wormley, Michigan
  4. Dalvin Tomlinson, Alabama
  5. Eddie Vanderdoes, UCLA
  6. Caleb Brantley, Florida
  7. Larry Ogunjobi, UNC-CH
  8. Jaleel Johnson, Iowa
  9. Tanoh Kpassagnon, Vanderbilt
  10. D.J. Jones, Mississippi
Edge: This group is far more impressive than the interior group. So much so that I felt compelled to expand to 15 just to get them all on here. After the top two, it's a great mix of savvy rushers like Barnett, Williams, and Harris with freak athletes like Watt, Willis, and Bowser.
  1. Myles Garrett, Texas AM
  2. Solomon Thomas, Stanford
  3. Derek Barnett, Clemson
  4. T.J. Watt, Wisconsin
  5. Charles Harris, Missouri
  6. Tyus Bowser, Houston
  7. Jordan Willis, Kansas State
  8. Takkarist McKinley, UCLA
  9. Tim Williams, Alabama
  10. Derek Rivers, Youngstown
  11. Taco Charlton, Michigan
  12. Carl Lawson, Auburn
  13. Vince Biegel, Wisconsin
  14. Trey Hendrickson, FAU
  15. Daeshon Hall, Texas AM

Linebacker: This class is anywhere from fair to good depending on how you assess some fo the pass rushers. If one considered guys such as Watt, Bowser, and Biegel to be more 43OLB's then the linebacker class looks a bit better. I am considering them to be EDGE players, but that still leaves some interesting names, especially at the top. For the Packers, they need to find some MIKE depth behind Ryan. If a guy like Kendall Beckwith fell, he could be a good option.
  1. Reuben Foster, Alabama
  2. Haason Red****, Temple
  3. Jarrad Davis, Florida
  4. Alex Anzalone, Florida
  5. Blair Brown, Ohio
  6. Duke Riley, LSU
  7. Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt
  8. Raekwon McMillan, Ohio State
  9. Kendall Beckwith, LSU
  10. Dylan Cole, Missouri State

Cornerback: Similarly to EDGE, this position is deep with quality. If one of the top 5 guys is there at 29, I think the Packers almost have to take them (King should be in the conversation as well). Adoree' Jackson is just barely below Thompson's height criteria, but his combination of coverage and return skills could make a huge and immediate impact.
  1. Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State
  2. Gareon Conley, Ohio State
  3. Marlon Humphrey, Alabama
  4. Tre'Davious White, LSU
  5. Kevin King, Washington
  6. Chidobe Awuzie, Colorado
  7. Adoree' Jackson, USC
  8. Quincy Wilson, Florida
  9. Fabian Moreau, UCLA
  10. Cordrea Tankersley, Clemson
  11. Sidney Jones, Washington
  12. Ahkello Witherspoon, Colorado
  13. Cameron Sutton, Tennessee
  14. Howard Wilson, Houston
  15. Jourdan Lewis, Michigan
Safety: There's a clear top 2 here and then things really turn into a "pick your flavor" situation. I actually prefer Adams, but Hooker's range as a center fielder in today's game gives him the value edge. Marcus Maye is a guy who could be a great replacement for Burnett down the road. Peppers is a great athlete who doesn't look natural on defense at all.
  1. Malik Hooker, Ohio State
  2. Jamal Adams, LSU
  3. Obi Melifonwu, Connecticut
  4. Desmond King, Iowa
  5. Jabrill Peppers, Michigan
  6. Marcus Williams, Utah
  7. Budda Baker, Washington
  8. Marcus Maye, Florida
  9. Josh Jones, N.C. State
  10. Tedric Thompson, Colorado

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Nice!! Just wondering, noticed you didn't have LB's. Would like to see how you rank them guys also.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do these guys stack up for you?

These are mine.

Quarterback: While lacking a true franchise QB, this class is fairly deep in interesting prospects. It wouldn't surprise me if any of the top 7 were starters at some point, while players like Dobbs offer developmental upside. Watson has obvious holes in his game, but at the QB position
Running Back: Mixon is the best RB in this class, but I don't want the Packers to draft him. So that would make McCaffrey my de facto #1. He's a special athlete who is a good runner while at the same time can arguably be pegged at the best slot receiver and returner (along w/ Jackson) in this class. Cook has production, but he's a poor athlete, he's had some injuries, he's a fumbler, and the reports indicate that scouts are more worried about him off the field than Mixon. No thanks.
  1. Joe Mixon, Oklahoma
  2. Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
  3. Leonard Fournette, LSU
  4. Alvin Kamara, Tennessee
  5. Dalvin Cook, Florida State
  6. D'onta Foreman, Texas
  7. Jeremy McNichols, Boise State
  8. Marlon Mack, South Florida
  9. Brian Hill, Wyoming
  10. Samaje Perine,

Mixon is considered to be on par with mcaffery as a reciever. from what I've heard he's an excellent reciever out of the backfield, in the slot, or split out wide. apparently he can run any route and run it well. he averaged nearly 14 yards a catch on 65 catches with 9 td over his college career. that's about 1 td for every 7 catches that's pretty darn good. Im gonna laugh so hard when TT surprises everyone and drafts him in 2nd

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts