What made you a Packers fan?

Zuma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing better than the games between my pack and the Chicago Bears and Sayers and Butkus

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Born and raised in Houston. Still here. My dad loved Brett and Reggie and would buy me all the gear as a kid so I kind of had no choice but I'm thankful that he did. Being a Texans fan would have sucked lol

Cheyne Jones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Born and raised in Australia. Didnt know what NFL was until I played madden on the original playstation. Chose Green Bay because my favourite colour is green and they are the colour of Australian national teams. Didnt truly fall in love with the game or the packers until I served alongside American servicemen in Afghanistan 7 years ago. None of them liked Green Bay so it only made me root for them more! Now I can't get enough!

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My father is from the GB area, my grandmother lived over close to the old city stadium, my uncle still lives three blocks from Lambeau . My dad joined the Marines and then the Air Force, we were the only ones on his side of the family not there. We came to GB every summer, I love the area and love to come whenever I can. I've lived in the south all my life, love SEC football, now I find myself in E. Tx, and spend my working part of the week in Memphis Tn. I live in Cowboys country, in a town named Pittsburg, how's that for a story.

gsopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
First pro football game was in Milwaukee when I was around 4-5. How can you help but become a life long Packer backer when you remember seeing Lombardi, Starr, etc on the sideline.
Don't hold it against me, but grew up in Chicago area, so had to deal with 'da bears' while growning up.
Go Pack Go!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got into Football at a later age, 19/20 years old. My parents weren't "sports fans" and didn't ever buy paraphenalia for any team. Well, except the occasional Yankee ball cap. I was born in NY and raised in NJ. I didn't want to jump on the Jets or Giants bandwagon, b/c I didn't know anything about them. I was introduced to the Packers by a close family friend, the history intrigued me, Favre intrigued me, and the fact that they originate from such a small venue was so unique.

So for the last 14/15 years or so, I am as big of a fan as one can be. I drove 19 hours there for a Cowboys game in 2009 (the one we were supposed to lose after Josh Freeman just kicked our butts), seen them in NJ a bunch of times, seen them in Philly, and in FedEx Field. I buy the SundayTicket every year and I'm truly obsessed w/ any and all news that has Packers associated with it. I love the off-season, watch the draft every year, and I play armchair GM like no other.

I'm overdue for another trip to Lambeau, but got a pregnant wife plus 2 kids. I can't wait to bring them there one day.

pics below are almost 7 years old now...time flies

Attachments

• gus and me lambeau.jpg
    gus and me lambeau.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 174
  • saint vince and me.jpg
    saint vince and me.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 185

Nikki C

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decided, when I was about 9, to start pulling for them because I had a huge crush on Favre and I liked the colors (hahaha). Stuck with them, obsessively, and now one of my best friends is a rookie on the team. GO SQUIRREL!

Steve Hale

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a local lad , oh London isn't local ?. I watched the game for years before deciding which team to support. At the end of the day it was the fact that the team is owned by the fans , with a magnificent fan base that convinced me.

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that the reason why i became a packers Fan in the first place was the fact, that the team is owned by the people and cannot be moved.
I am from Germany, and our soccer clubs are owned by the people, too. My favorite Soccer Club is of course my hometown Club, 1. FC Kaiserslautern. Next to Ramstein.
And so i became familiar to football, and more and more to the Packers family.

The English Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there.

Clue is in my name that I'm an Englishman.

First fell in love with the Packers only a matter of weeks ago, to be honest. Slowly got into NFL in the last year and didn't really root for anyone in particular.

But I started developing an affinity with Lambeau Field when I saw a game televised there. Looked like a really beautiful arena to watch a game. Then I read up on the history of the Pack and the general team ethos and culture and I was increasingly drawn to them.

Watched a few documentaries about them and about Brett Favre and I was completely swung for them.

They remind me of my Premier League team, Everton.

Gusty fans, loyal and devoted to their team. Sometimes times are hard, but there's a love for the team and the sport. Beautiful and historical stadium, a history that is worth remembering, with a future that can sometimes be uncertain as regards winning seasons, etc.

A perfect fit for me!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hi there.

First fell in love with the Packers only a matter of weeks ago, to be honest. Slowly got into NFL in the last year and didn't really root for anyone in particular.

But I started developing an affinity with Lambeau Field when I saw a game televised there. Looked like a really beautiful arena to watch a game. Then I read up on the history of the Pack and the general team ethos and culture and I was increasingly drawn to them.

Watched a few documentaries about them and about Brett Favre and I was completely swung for them.

Gusty fans, loyal and devoted to their team. Sometimes times are hard, but there's a love for the team and the sport. Beautiful and historical stadium, a history that is worth remembering, with a future that can sometimes be uncertain as regards winning seasons, etc.

A perfect fit for me!

One for you Croak.. Welcome to the forum English Packer.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Welcome English Packer. Very well written explanation of becoming a Packer fan! Remember to leave enough space in your closet for all items of the Green and Gold Variety, they accumulate quickly!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hi there.

A perfect fit for me!

Go Everton!

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there.

A perfect fit for me!
beating Everton kept my team in the EPL last season:roflmao::roflmao:
won't hold being english against you too much, there's a few UK and euro fans here so some good banter

Jmurray

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
My Dad was a Packer fan - although I later realized he might have been a front runner because when we moved to Texas in 1974 he immediately switched to a Cowboy fan - I never did. My Dad made me read Jerry Kramer's books over the Summer when I was 12 - the more I read - the bigger Packer fan I became. It is a great club to be in. The best fans in the world and I like hanging out with them whenever I can.

Members online

Latest posts