1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What made you a Packers fan?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by Scout200, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Dee Power

Dee Power Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I became a Packer fan at the first super bowl. Of course I was only a kid. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Robert Mason

Robert Mason Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I remember back in the 60's in junior high school most of the guys would have a favorite football team . It would be a subject of much discussion and competition. Wanting to participate I became interested and wanted to have my favorite team also. Living in New Jersey however most exposure was to the Giants and to a lesser extent the Jets. We would also see the Cowboys, Colts, Rams and the Packers because of the national broadcasting of playoff games. What it came down to me was a choice between the Cowboys and Packers. I guess because of the Packers victories over the Cowboys in 66 and 67 I chose the Packers. I also remember liking their uniform colors better

3. Dee Power

Dee Power Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    One of my best memories is the game where Brett subbed for Majkowski in 1992. I was there.

4. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Watching Favre

5. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 fan of Jessie P

Packer Fan Since:
    Visiting the stadium, doing the tour, visiting the hall of fame and then returning in the October to see them beat the Cowboys.

6. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Packer Fan Since:
    How did I have a choice? While I was born in Rockford Ill and could have been excusably a Bears fan, I was raised in Madison from age three until I was twenty. I was brainwashed into loving the Packers.

It didn't hurt that I was there for all of Lombardi's years!

7. Mugwump

Mugwump Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Am an old fart who grew up during the 60's. That said, I never really got into football until around 66, and was a Packer/Roman Gabriel fan. As time went on Gabriel retired and only had the Pack. Now I suufered the 70's into the 80's and stayed with GB. I loved Brett, but never became a GB Farve fan. As soon as he said he retired I rooted for GB and Rodgers. Will be a Packer fan for life, but if they can get Gabriel to come out of retirement I would still cheer for him, but not against the Pack.

8. Godgers12XLV

Godgers12XLV Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    What made me aPackers fan? Being born! :cool:

9. IowaDean

IowaDean Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Grandparents were Packer fans. Grandmother was from Elroy.

Just passed it down to me.

10. Champagne

Champagne Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    When I first played youth football, the greatest team and greatest coach were the Packers and Vince Lombardi. After all of these years, nothing has changed. The greatest coach of all time was Mr. Lombardi, and the greatest teams of all time were his Packers.

11. sdh09e44

sdh09e44 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    being smart. living in ny and choosing not to be a giants or jets fan

12. doalke

doalke Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Heredity :)

13. KyPackerCobb

KyPackerCobb Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Grew up and live in Louisville Ky where my whole family is full of cheeseheads because Paul Hornung is extended family (my third cousin). Also did'nt hurt that my childhood was Brett Favre in his prime throwing rockets all over the field, I was amazed.

14. brodzki

brodzki Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I started watching football in 1995 and I loved how faces would run around and just launch rockets. Always loved watching him.

Then when i finally made my first game in 2007 it was a dream come true.

15. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Brian Demarest

Brian Demarest Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm a Rams fan but I've always loved the Packers.

They are publicly owned.

They live in god forsaken (during winter) blizzard country, play OUTDOORS, and you can't keep the fans away. I'm pretty sure you guys have snowmobile and tractor parking. In LA they would abandon a team for not having fast enough valet parking.

A consistently good product.

Vince Lombardi.

If Missouri ever needs to to invade Illinois, we know we can count on you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Pack89

Pack89 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Packer fan from Montreal, Canada. Started watching football 2 years ago and was extremely entertained watching the Packers. Also, I made a trip to Wisconsin and was amazed to see the city streets were empty and quiet on gameday, I was in Appleton. Being a community-owned team was another factor for my support of the Packers.

18. astarr

astarr Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I was born into it baby!

19. DavidRusso

DavidRusso Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I was born in Long Island, so my family tried to push the Giants on me. It worked. Until I was 11 that is. My uncle who was a die hard Packer fan offered me 10 bucks to like the Packers, since 10 bucks to an 11 year old was quite a bit, I took it. So I started watching Favre, Freeman, Green and driver. I just fell in love. Since that day I have had no love for any team other than the Pack and I never will. Go Pack Go!

20. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    Bet 2007 and 2011 season enders really stung. :cry:

21. DavidRusso

DavidRusso Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think they did for all of us :mad:

22. NCcheesehead

NCcheesehead Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I was born in Wisconsin and got to meet Bart Starr, at his house, when I was about 6 years old. Apparently, I had a distant relative that worked in the Packers front office and she set it up. What I remember is a man, larger than life reaching over a chain link fence to shake my hand and talk to me. I remember asking him to play football and he told me that he couldn't because he had to cut the grass. I have been a Packers fan ever since.
    This Thanksgiving I am flying the family from N.C. to our very first Packers game in Lambeau. We are hoping to meet other life time Packers fans during the tailgate, but do not want to impose on anyone else's party. Please let me know if you are going to be there and if it is OK for us to stop by and introduce ourselves.

23. Robertloren

Robertloren Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Im from Sweden and started watching football 2009, just a few games a year at that time. The Packers and were among the first games I watched and it stuck with me, I'm happy to say :) The last 4 years I have never missed a Packers game (even though the time difference can be a bit of a pain, ET +6 hours) and I will finally see them live this december in Oakland!

24. Cheese Meister

Cheese Meister Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I was born and raised in a small town in Wisconsin. I have fond memories of watching the Packers on our black-and-white Zenith. We had a "magic" television; my dad would yell and cheer on the players, then the noise was sent by a special signal down to the playing field. Now I have my own "magic" television, much to the amusement of my non-sports loving husband.

25. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Packer Fan Since:
    When i was younger (10) I thought I was a Tennessee fan because I live in Houston and this was before the Texans. Then one day I watched a Minnesota and Green Bay game with Brett Favre. I remember laying there on my grandmas couch and being memorized by the way Favre played. I honestly didn't know much about football just loved watched that game and have been a fan EVER since!

• Like Like x 1