1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What made you a Packers fan?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Scout200, Jun 29, 2011.

1. NJPackfan.

NJPackfan. Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2

2. NJPackfan.

NJPackfan. Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    I was born, raised and never left New Jersey. I started watching football in 1965. Need I say more !

3. ClemsonFan

ClemsonFan New Era Packers Fan

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm in the same type of situation as I live in South Carolina which is far away from Wisconsin because I get ragged by my brother (who's a panthers fan).

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Not what, but who.
    I give all the credit & glory to God. And my mother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Panthers fans have nothing to rag on you about!!!!
    I hate the Panthers because their stadium is where Nick Collins (and Terrance Murphy) career ended with the necks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    What made me a Packers fan?
    Some big Italian goon who told me I'd be taking a Frozen Tundra nap if I didn't comply. :eek:

7. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,168
    That is so funny....pmsl I nearly snorted my coffee

8. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,168
    Just disown your brother......job done (he`s like a sick animal being a panther fan, and you wouldn`t let a sick animal suffer !)

9. Female Packer

Female Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The same thing here. I live in Los Angeles and my boyfriend is always talking s**t. He's a Falcons fan.

10. Green and Yellow

Green and Yellow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Was a self-proclaimed Lions fan my few years of football since I live in Michigan, getting all the Lions' games and started watching Lions games at the end of the 2010 season, and they eventually went on a 4 game win streak to end the season, swept the following pre-season, and started the 2011 season 5-0. Following this, once they started losing more games than they won, I stopped being very interested in them, a big indication they they weren't my real team and I was mostly interested in them because they were a winning team.

All along, the Packers were my real team; I just brushed it off every time I thought of it. Go Pack Go.

11. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    First of all ... let's address the colors, G and Y :
    "What are the official color shades of the Packers?"
    Dark Green (PMS 5535-C), Gold (PMS 1235-C) and White

Second, you dumped the Lions because they stopped winning?? I don't quite know what to say to that....

12. Green and Yellow

Green and Yellow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Not because they were losing, but because I knew I wasn't a real fan of that team when just because they started losing some games I started losing faith with them. In contrast, I'm a huge Pistons fan, I know that because they've had 3 straight losing seasons and I've watched them through thick and thin, never considering liking another team. I've liked the Packers this whole entire time from the first time I saw them play. I don't know if it's their uniforms, history, team, or players that have made me a fan of them. I honestly don't know what I've always loved about them, but every time I have seen them score I felt like celebrating, even when they played Detroit. Every time they step on the field I get a passion I usually don't get watching the Lions step on. Also, Green and Yellow is a song about the Packers. I'm fully aware that the colors are green and gold.

13. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Ok. Fair enough. You're OK. ;) Just challenging the new guy... just to be a pr*ck. :)

14. Bonhomme Richard

Bonhomme Richard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, I'm a lifelong Jets fan, but they suck this year. I mean they blow hard. So I'm hoping to jump on your bandwagon for the rest of the season or maybe even forever. If you all will have me, that is.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My brother bought me a 1984 Packer Yearbook with Forrest Gregg on the cover as a Christmas present. Sure, before that the Packers were on TV and all but I was more of a Brewer fan. After reading that mag cover to cover I was on board the Cheesewagon Express....

16. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    My step son did that..He was a cowboys fan, then when they got bad, and he moved to Tampa he became a Tampa fan

17. T for Texas

T for Texas Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Why don't you challenge me, banker boi? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Female Packer

Female Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If I may ask what made you a Packer fan?

19. T for Texas

T for Texas Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    You may! I was raised as a Packers fan. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. My father took a strong liking to the way the Packers were run as a team by Lombardi once he came over from the Giants, so it started there. Then, when the Texans left (my father admired the Hunts, also) Dallas, there was a void, because the Cowboys, who were NOT popular in our neighborhood in Oak Cliff, certainly didn't fit the bill. The Packers were a natural fit for my father's personality, and he loved them enough to get me interested in football in general, and the Packers in particular. I got a green jersey (more of a shirt, really) with a number 15 on it when I was a tyke, and it mushroomed from there.

I live in East Texas now, and we are all still Packers fans, except for my brother, who is a Redskins fan. (I suspect that was a Cowboys thing, too. lol)

BTW, weeds and I go back a few years. Not that I think that he's worth the oxygen he is stealing from real humans, but, yeah, we go back a little bit. ;)

20. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Hey ya, T'fer. I had heard that your keyboarding privileges had been revoked by your Mom. :) Hope you're well and all is good in East Texas.

21. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    The qualifier being "step son". :cool:

22. cheeseheadom1252

cheeseheadom1252 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The first game I watched was in the 2010 season when Atlanta beat Green Bay 17-14. For some reason that I can't remember, I came out of that game as a Packers fan and haven't looked back.

23. WCM3

WCM3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    My friend is deeply infatuated with Clay Matthews, so she WROTE A RAP ABOUT HIM! Watch it here Wisconsinites!
    I'm a proud packer fan.. ON WISCONSIN!

• Like Like x 1
  24. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    Being raised in Madison from about 3-20 probably had something to do with it. Good thing, because I was born in Illinois, and moved next to Chicago after I did my time in the navy, and could have been a Bears fan! :eek:

25. dustyhope

dustyhope Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    My dad is a Vikings fan so naturally I wanted to be a Packers fan lol. Robert Brooks was one of my favorite players growing up. I used to pretend I was a white version on him when we played football in the lot... endzone dance and all.

• Winner Winner x 1