What made you a Packers fan?

Shopgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a fan all my life. We watched the games every Sunday in our house. I remember my brothers trying to find tickets.
The organization has integrity.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love reading all of the stories! I've been a Packers fan my whole life, born in Milwaukee, whole family loves the team, we have season tickets, etc etc.
But I honestly feel that if I was born in a neutral state (like Iowa or Alabama or something) I would still like the Packers. Great history, well run franchise, likable stars, the Packers really have it all. Sometimes that I feel we are a bit spoiled! ;)

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I was born in 1957, and as I grew up my family would visit my Uncle Bill's farm in N.C. for weekends. They lived in a grand old plantation house built before the civil war. I remember stretching out on the carpet in front of the TV on Sundays and watching football with my brother, and my cousins Bill Jr. and Robert. Bill Jr. liked the Baltimore Colts and Johnny Unitas. Robert and I were Green Bay Packer's fans and Bart Starr. I have never wavered about my team.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Going to show some age here and say: Grew up in Oshkosh watching games with my father....cheering for Lynn ****ey and James Lofton TD combo was a fun way to become a young packer fan.

You're not showing age, you're just a pup. I grew up watching Starr, Hornung, Pitts, Taylor, Nitschke, Davis, Adderly, Wood, etc. but I certainly do remember those years of ****ey, Lofton, Jefferson, Coffman, etc. and though they didn't win as much as I would have liked them to, there were certainly things to enjoy (like ****ey to Lofton).

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You're not showing age, you're just a pup. I grew up watching Starr, Hornung, Pitts, Taylor, Nitschke, Davis, Adderly, Wood, etc. but I certainly do remember those years of ****ey, Lofton, Jefferson, Coffman, etc. and though they didn't win as much as I would have liked them to, there were certainly things to enjoy (like ****ey to Lofton).
Ha ha ...thanks man...I needed that...now I don't feel so old.

Cheesehead 786

Go Pack! Go Blue!
Reaction score
I was born in Milwaukee and my dad was a Packers fan since he started following football in
'94, 3 years after moving to the US from India. Being the rebellious young kid I was, when he first introduced me to the game, I started to support Warren Sapp and the brash young Bucs with their cool uniforms and pirate ship. Eventually in 2004 I saw the light and converted to being a Packer Backer. To this day, Packers football is one of the biggest things that my family (my uncle and aunt who are also from Milwaukee have been die-hard Packer fans since '91) can bond over.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Ha ha ...thanks man...I needed that...now I don't feel so old.

:) He wasn't saying that you're not as old as dirt, he was just saying that he's older than God herself. ;)

Look guys...we're not OLD, we're MATURE fans. We were fans prior to the advent of ESPN. I respect you guys.
Look at it this way, gentlemen ... a good comparison for us would be Johnny Walker Blue (aged 25 years) to Bob and Hank's Scotch (aged 12 minutes and pumped into a square bottle from Hank's bath tub). :)

packnutt

'97 Shareholder
Reaction score
I was born in Milwaukee. While visiting my uncle in '68 (I was 8) he brought me into a room completely converted to a shrine. Lombardi/Green/Gold everywhere you looked. I was awestruck but at the time did not fully realize the significance.

Move to So Cal in the early 70's and was a part time Rams fan because they were always on TV. But I couldn't wait until Monday morning when the newspaper had results of the games and would always read a small snippet of the Packers (and how they lost :( ). The rare times they were on MNF (****ey era) was a burst of pride!

The Majik era brought the excitement back. I absorbed everything I could (thank God for the interwebs) and dumped the Lambs completely. I have my own shrine. My kids now grown, are die hard Packer fans/shareholders. My girlfriend who didn't know a stitch about football 4 years ago is completely insane about them. Life is good!

G-ManSmithy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My father watched a lot of Packers when he was younger (Packers being the only team really being shown on TV in Georgia at that time), so when I got of age to take interest in football, to the Pack I went.

Jake Kocorowski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always was a Packers fan since birth, but I remember when I was 7 when I saw Favre hit Kitrick Taylor for that game winning touchdown against the Bengals in '92. With that game and then going to the Packers-Eagles game that same year at County Stadium, that really drove me to learn more about the history of our Packers, and from there on, the life-long loyalty to the Packers has never shifted.

Oh memories.

Thanks,
Jake
http://kielbasakingssportsextravaganza.podbean.com/

bigblue bay packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 8yrs old i would have to say the uniforms it also helped they had a good team but in the 60s we did'nt get to watch all the teams like today. i remember watching the pack, browns, colts, rams an a few others. being from ky you would think the browns, no the pack won out, it had to be the uniforms? after 45+ yrs a packer fan i'm know as cheese head. GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KManx89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhh... my being born and raised there. And they're still my main/go-to team, even though I currently live in Charlotte, NC (moved here when I was 11, about 13 years ago). I mean, it's not like the Panthers will be going anywhere anytime soon, or have as of late. :sick:

TurkishPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the love of a city is not too large to transfer to a team so admirable what else could it be? I always have this kind of sympathy teams. An example of this is the NBA San Antonio Spurs hold team.

Ins also usually
While moments of sympathy for a team that likes to admire the power of the team's offense. But for some reason I watched the Packers Clay Matthews was shot first.

To be honest, a new Packers fan. Derbisiyle Bears team played yesterday I was shot with a more fully. My love for the game after not playing very well in a match that became clear.

Anyway, the word stuck out a lot. Love to everyone in Turkey.

- My english is not so good excuse for the mistakes -

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Turkish fan ... and don't worry too much about your English ... read some of the posts within this forum and you will know what I am referring to. :)

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you were born in Wisconsin, I didn't think there was a choice involved about who your favorite NFL was. I've always told people that if you don't like beer, cheese, sausage, or the Packers, we literally kick you out of the state.

Pack-Attack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my mom`s boyfriend is from Wisconsin...before they met, i didnt really watch football, but my favorite team is GB Packers and my favorite player is Aaron Rodgers

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being born in North East/Central Iowa you really get three choices (if you live in Central Iowa you get five). Since all but two of my aunts live in Minnesota (3 out of 5) I was raised to love and cheer for the Vikings. I have several pictures of me with Viking shirts on, but that is my dads side my Moms side all Green and Gold! (I've got a second cousin that live in GB, though he doesn't care for football, only baseball (Cubs fan)).

My eventual love for the Packers was nurtured several ways, (1) I have a aunt and uncle who own a resort in Hayward, WI and (2) i'm always a complete opposite of the rest of my family. They're Viking fans (except my brother Pack), they're Iowa Hawkeye fans (I'm NOT! GO CLONES!) they're Minnesota Twins fans and I just don't care for baseball yawn!. One day I got myself a Packers shirt in summer 2005 for no reason and it went from there.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Sitting on my late Grandpa's lap in Marinette Wisconsin when I was about 4 years old and growing up watching Lynn ****ey throwing bombs to James Lofton and J.J. Watching eddie lee ivery run the ball.

Zach311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my favorite player was Leroy Butler and Antonio Freeman. loved that Freeman catch on MNF vs the Vikes!

IamAthimble

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What sucks about being a die hard Packers fan when you have never lived in Wisconsin is the 'bandwagon' insult gets thrown at you a lot when you mention it. I picked the team when I was around five years old. My dad told me we were at the store, I saw a Green Bay hat, so I grabbed it, put it on, and looked at him expectantly, so he had to get it for me. I don't remember it, but I've been a Packer fan ever since I can remember, and have never strayed to another team.

Pack for life.

Female Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My father is a big Packer fan , I was around ten years old and I remember my dad watching the games. I watched that game and after that loved the Packers and watched every games.

Members online

Latest posts