1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What is your prediction for the next Badgers head coach?

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Alex, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    I agree, I don't see it happening at all considering Alvarez helped him get that job in Pitt. I just thought it was some interesting information from someone who knows Barry personally.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,920
    Gary anderson from Utah?

Lunch will like that they almost beat Uw this year

• Like Like x 1
  3. tstej

tstej Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    The guy is a really good head coach. My only doubts I have about him is how well he will recruit the midwest as he has only been in Utah. That being said he did really well recruiting in Utah.

4. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Hmm seems like a good pick. I also agree with tstej, How can this guy recruit good people around here.

One of the very few things I liked about BB was his abilty to recruit good talent.

5. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I will reserve my judgement upon the hire until I have more time to research him.. didn't seem like the type of hire that speaks Barry at this point.

Quick Hit Look on his recruiting over the past 3 season... by State:

AZ 9
    FL 2
    CA 12
    TX 3
    NV 1
    OK 1
    OR 1
    HI 1
    UT 19
    KS 1
    WI 1

So it appears he has had success across the nation.. good to see some Florida gets.

Average right around 2.15 stars.

6. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Yea this guy almost beat BB. If that kicker made that kick. I would of came on here and said. BB sucks he needs to go.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,968
    Not exactly the dream hire but I hope he does well.

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,920
    you did anytime there was a loss, and anytime there was a win, you avoided the site for a week

9. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    He won games he was suppose to win. Also I only caught few mins of the Indiana game. 2nd Half of the Minnesota game. I was doing other important stuff at those times.

I cant really comment congratuating BB on beatting down Indiana. They are doing what was expected of them.

I stopped drinking the BB kool aid when they lost to TCU.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,968
    2 big 10 championships, was he suppose to win those? Was Nebraska pose to get dominated?

Were the badger suppose to go to 3 straight rose bowls? the first time in over 30 yrs thats happened

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,968
    Anderson called all of his players to inform them that he was going to Wisconsin. Classy move

12. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    BB knew that was his last game and desided to open wide the playbook and do stuff never seen before.

But BB also lost 2 Rose bowls IN A ROW. Should of won Against TCU.

I heard Gary Anderson Press today. CANT WAIT.

I got good vibes with this guy.

I wish I get credited for running BB out of town. :D

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,968
    Name me some of the other coaches who went to 3 rose bowls.

I am excited about Gary Anderson as well.

14. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +50
    And you, sir, are the winner of the sweepstakes. No one(except you) saw it coming, even though he coached at Utah State.

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,920

LOL

I posted that AFTER it was announced

16. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    After reading about him and then listening to his presser... I must say I am very happy with the hire. Might not have the name recognition as some of the names floated about, but the guy just hasn't lead a major program as of yet.

Reading what some of his past players have said about him.. both as a head coach and assistant.. I feel like Barry has done a fine job.

Sounds like we are keeping together the 2013 class and have most of the assistant jobs filled. Maybe a guy like Canada stays.. but regardless, I think we will be fine.

In terms of the offense, I hope they stay true to the run, but not to the degree we have in the past. I hope they develop a passing game for balance and that can take advantage of the play action the running game affords. Much like the Wilson year in Mad Town.

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,968
    Spoke to a couple local recruits who had soft or verbal commitments to wisc. They are now looking at other schools and going "wait and see" on the new coach.

Hopefully we don't lose any great talent. Don't blame the kids though.

18. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Won't blame them either... because I am curious, which players and class?

19. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    ? Looking to see if the scouting/recruiting reports match the recruit you spoke with, basically how incomplete the services are.

20. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +134
    No matter who the Badgers hired as head coach, you had to expect some wavering of recruits. I am just hoping that Bielema and the other departing assistant coaches don't start poaching recruits, I think that is crossing the line. With that said though, the bottom line is, these kids and their parents have a career choice here and you have to respect whatever decision they make.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,968
    The kids that go to wi are not the kids that go to Arkansas. He's not going to be recruiting many big 10 kids. Kids will leave but I doubt many follow BB south

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,751
    I`m an Oregon fan myself. Not relevant I know but I thought I`d declare my allegiance....lol GO DUCKS

23. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    Anderson seems solid, and Bielemma seemed like he didn't have any more upside. I never like BB's gameday planning and decision making. He succeeded because of great assistants which led to above average recruiting. From what I hear about Anderson, his teams should perform better given equal talent, and he seems like he has put together a staff that will be good recruiters. I also like the idea he is open to junior college players.

24. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,968
    It's going to be hard to top BB, 3 big 10 championships in a row isn't easy.

25. jetfixer

jetfixer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He might pull a few, but he better be looking to Texas and the rest of the south if he wants to compete in the SEC.