What is your prediction for the next Badgers head coach?

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now that Bert went down to hang out with all the red necks who do you think will be the Badgers next head coach? I was thinking Mel Tucker from the Jags. He's from UW and managed to make the Brown's D a top 5 defense until new management replaced him with Rob Ryan and he moved on to the Jags as a D-coordinator and is now their assistant head coach. I can't imagine that job is too enjoyable!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If they can't get Paul Chryst away from Pitt, which I don't think they will, I like Boise States coach Chris Petersen. A brilliant Football mind and coach and look what he has done with a sub-par football program.

I'm just hoping Brett doesn't start poaching some of the Badgers recruits!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
and now I just read that Chris Petersen has stated that he won't be interviewing for the job :( I guess we will wait and see. things can't be ALL that good in Boise State, can they?

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can't get Paul Chryst away from Pitt, which I don't think they will, I like Boise States coach Chris Petersen. A brilliant Football mind and coach and look what he has done with a sub-par football program.

I'm just hoping Brett doesn't start poaching some of the Badgers recruits!

Barry said he wouldn't even talk to Chryst about the job because he helped get him the Pitt job. So I think it's safe to say he's out of the question

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So... How does everyone feel about brad Childress?
His was the second name I thought of after Chryst. Darrell Bevell also popped up but I don't know if he'd want to try NCAA after the NFL. Wouldn't have the experience to be a recruiter. Do you think Petrino learned his leason? I'd have no problems with any of these guys 'cept maybe the latter.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His was the second name I thought of after Chryst. Darrell Bevell also popped up but I don't know if he'd want to try NCAA after the NFL. Wouldn't have the experience to be a recruiter. Do you think Petrino learned his leason? I'd have no problems with any of these guys 'cept maybe the latter.

If we are talking coaches in trouble I would say sweater vest over petrino. Still has 5 games to serve on suspension, so alverez could take those 5 games if he wanted

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Childress was a head coach, one thing Barry wanted...

He is also a Badger alum...

But could Wisconsin welcome him with open arms with the whole Viking hatred, and Brett crap?

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Childress is actually an Eastern Illinois alum. Was the offensive coordinator and runnin backs coach for the Badgers in the 90s. I donno with his recent jobs it would be a good idea. I never really hated him since most of the hatred for him came from Minnesota's own fans, just seems like there could be better coaches out there for the job.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great, now he can bring his "kick *** offense" to Madison and they can stew in mediocrity for the next 5 years until they dump him.

Please, no Brad Childress. Not at Wisconsin.

That's the general feeling I have towards him as well.

Pretty sure if even I grew up in Madison and was a recruit I would decommit if he was the HC

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
That's the general feeling I have towards him as well.

Pretty sure if even I grew up in Madison and was a recruit I would decommit if he was the HC
He would "undo" all the good things that have happened to Wisconsin football since Barry Alverz took over.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Childress is actually an Eastern Illinois alum. Was the offensive coordinator and runnin backs coach for the Badgers in the 90s. I donno with his recent jobs it would be a good idea. I never really hated him since most of the hatred for him came from Minnesota's own fans, just seems like there could be better coaches out there for the job.

Alum as coach, didnt go there..Should have clarified that

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Willie Taggart.

Well apparently isn't going to happen.. Taggart to the South Florida Bulls.

On Childress.. there would be major backlash if Childress became the coach at UW.. I would suspend my fanhood until he left. No games.. nothing. That is just how much I don't care for that ......

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of these guys you mentioned really seemed like good canidates to begin with. (Brad Childress?) And now, it seems like they've all been ruled out for different reasons anyway. Any idea of a wild card Alvarez could have up his sleeve?

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it'd never happen but it'd be kind of cool to see John Gruden coach the Badgers...anything to get him off television!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it'd never happen but it'd be kind of cool to see John Gruden coach the Badgers...anything to get him off television!

While the recruiting would be good, I wouldn't be thrilled with that hire but I think alot of fans would be.

But your right. There is about 10 good reasons why he wouldn't take the job.

L

Lunchboxer

I heard that Barry is looking into Luke Fickkle the OSU D cord guy.

Im not too excited.

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While out last night I was talking about this with a guy I know that used to live in Madison and his parents personally know Barry. He said Paul Chryst is still very much an option. I'm not saying this is a 100% fact but the guy is pretty trustworthy. I'm still not expecting it to happen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While out last night I was talking about this with a guy I know that used to live in Madison and his parents personally know Barry. He said Paul Chryst is still very much an option. I'm not saying this is a 100% fact but the guy is pretty trustworthy. I'm still not expecting it to happen.

I would be surprised. Both sides have said firmly no and it would look very bad if he left Pitt this quick.

Members online

Latest posts