What is happening to this Forum?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like things are more back to normal. I did notice the forum had gotten pretty sluggish before, but I was wondering if it was just me. I was going to ask, but I never got around to it.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you click on "HOME" or "Forum".....the following columns on the right side of the page show up for me:
  1. New Threads
  2. New Profile Posts
  3. Members Online Now
  4. Who Has Visited
  5. Forum Statistics
  6. Share this Page
The old format had something called "New Posts to Threads you are watching in slot #1. Was VERY handy.

While "New Threads" is ok, it could be moved down.

#2: New Profile Posts: Totally useless.
#3: Not new and a nice feature.
#4-#6: Not really necessary.

Got yeah. I remember what you are talking about. I'll see if I can get it added back in.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm talking about this at the bottom of each thread on the mobile version:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That wasn't there before and I have a hard time believing anyone is interested in any information in it.

I see. It's all on the bottom. Making it easy to avoid. How come you need to scroll past it if you need to go to a different page? There isnt an arrow or next page link below it. It's even below the reply box.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see. It's all on the bottom. Making it easy to avoid. How come you need to scroll past it if you need to go to a different page? There isnt an arrow or next page link below it. It's even below the reply box.
Sometimes it defaults to the bottom. So it takes you right there rather than to the last post. I think that’s what he’s trying to say. Then you have to scroll back up to get to the posts

ETA: it was doing that for me, but it does not seem to be doing that now

D

Deleted member 6794

If I want to go back to the Packers fan forum page I have to click the button either at the top or the bottom of the page. It was definitely more comfortable with it being directly beneath the latest post in the thread, especially as I and it seems others as well consider the information shown of no interest.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sometimes it defaults to the bottom. So it takes you right there rather than to the last post. I think that’s what he’s trying to say. Then you have to scroll back up to get to the posts

ETA: it was doing that for me, but it does not seem to be doing that now

Actually that's not what was happening. But when I either post a reply or even want to go back to the main forum page after reading the last one in a thread I have to scroll post the information. I don't see any reason for it being there though.

I would be fine with moving the botton directing you back to the fan forum above it though if there's really any need for the information.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
On a computer, at least mine, all those boxes are on the right hand side of the monitor, which squishes everything else over. So while I don't have the scrolling problem, I have all those informational boxes following me to every thread I open, which never was the case, they used to only remain on the main page.

D

Deleted member 6794

On a computer, at least mine, all those boxes are on the right hand side of the monitor, which squishes everything else over. So while I don't have the scrolling problem, I have all those informational boxes following me to every thread I open, which never was the case, they used to only remain on the main page.

I have only used the mobile version over the last few days but don't consider the information necessary on a computer either.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It takes less than 2 seconds to scroll past the stuff on the bottom. It's not a big deal. I've already wasted more time commenting here than I will scrolling past all that stuff.

D

Deleted member 6794

It takes less than 2 seconds to scroll past the stuff on the bottom. It's not a big deal. I've already wasted more time commenting here than I will scrolling past all that stuff.

What's the point of adding it though??? The information shown is completely useless and doesn't enhance the experience for anyone.

The forum worked perfectly without it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Shaggy bought the forum, he is trying to figure out the lag..

Be patient while he handles it.. I'm sure once he figures it out, he can try to accommodate people's issues.

I hardly use a computer to access, but with Android, I see real no issues that bother me.

Some of you can't stand change, but sometimes you have to accept it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any issue with change but there's no reason to add stuff that is annoying and doesn't add any value.
To you its annoying, and of no value.. Maybe some like it?

we all have to deal with annoying things we can't control.

There are things happening behind the scenes that are worse than an inconvenience.

Let Shaggy handle what HAS to be handled 1st. Then ASK for the annoying fixes

I used to see red numbers by the new posts altering me to how many new.. It's gone now, but I deal with it.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To you its annoying, we all have to deal with annoying things we can't control.

There are things happening behind the scenes that are worse than an inconvenience.

Let Shaggy handle what HAS to be handled 1st. Then ASK for the annoying fixes

I figured it was something along the lines you alluded to. Let's give Shaggy time to get his feet under him and see what's what. I'm confidant that this is all gonna work out.

D

Deleted member 6794

To you its annoying, and of no value.. Maybe some like it?

Come on, I guarantee that no other poster is interested in any of that information.

I'm fine with giving Shaggy time to figure out how to perfectly set up the site but I have a hard time understanding the reasoning behind adding information nobody asked for.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Will just have to disagree, as I would never guarantee that other posters don't like it.

But I like the new thread part, as the new post doesn't show up for me now.

D

Deleted member 6794

But I like the new thread part, as the new post doesn't show up for me now.

That feature would make some sense if threads would be ordered based on new posts in chronological order. As it's right now I don't consider it to be helpful, especially as I don't care about the Bucks at all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That feature would make some sense if threads would be ordered based on new posts in chronological order. As it's right now I don't consider it to be helpful, especially as I don't care about the Bucks at all.
Others like the Bucks threads.. So now what?

As I've stated b4, everyone can't be happy..

Just have to suck it up..

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I take it you don't like it when on a phone cause its on the side if you are on a bigger screen.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have only used the mobile version over the last few days but don't consider the information necessary on a computer either.

So I have removed some of the items when on mobile. I kept the "New Threads" and "Members Online" up. Does this make it a little easier to scroll past now?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New format. I dig it. It gives the place a more...modern look.

D

Deleted member 6794

So I have removed some of the items when on mobile. I kept the "New Threads" and "Members Online" up. Does this make it a little easier to scroll past now?

It makes it easier to scroll, a button to get back to the main forum like it is on top of each thread would be awesome after the last post on each site.

BTW I really like the new design, good job.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can live with the new format... but the ratings are gone again... now all we have is “likes received”.... definitely not the same thing.

Latest posts