What Happened in Green Bay - Bleacher Report

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relative to what? If you put it into perspective, it's not such a big deal. I bet you could find more slanderous things about most families and most locker rooms, if you really dig. The only stuff that I find relative is whether it affects the team winning or losing.

Like McCarthy supposedly got some massages, and let someone else lead a meeting. Who cares, really? The meeting got held and the players got the info. Maybe Rodgers got frustrated with McCarthy's playcalling, but come on. Posters have been complaining about McCarthy's plays and playcalling for years, it's nothing new. It's nothing we didn't know.

I don't think Rodgers is ever going to be a big people person, but that's okay, not everybody has to be. I don't think he's going to intentionally undermine the new coach though, unless the guy is an idiot (which I don't believe he is).
I'm in complete agreement.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So according to James Jones, according to him Rodgers had permission to change plays by McCarthy. And also they would run many different offensive schemes in practice, but not in actual games. Again in my estimation this crap will go away once we start winning.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winning solves everything. The truth is in the middle.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Like McCarthy supposedly got some massages, and let someone else lead a meeting. Who cares, really? The meeting got held and the players got the info.

IF True

That is a huge deal. As a head coach you should be in front OF YOUR team giving them leadership.

If you work at a place with 100 employees and the owner post a memo there is a meeting at 3pm to discuss a merger, a bonus, a new contract, new what ever.

And he doesn't show..But has a 2nd shift supervisor give all the details ..

I'm sure 99 percent of the people would not like that.

Why would players want to do as he says, if he doesn't have the respect to lead a metting.

I wouldnt respect a person like that.. But that's me

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relative to what? If you put it into perspective, it's not such a big deal. I bet you could find more slanderous things about most families and most locker rooms, if you really dig. The only stuff that I find relative is whether it affects the team winning or losing.

Like McCarthy supposedly got some massages, and let someone else lead a meeting. Who cares, really? The meeting got held and the players got the info. Maybe Rodgers got frustrated with McCarthy's playcalling, but come on. Posters have been complaining about McCarthy's plays and playcalling for years, it's nothing new. It's nothing we didn't know.

I don't think Rodgers is ever going to be a big people person, but that's okay, not everybody has to be. I don't think he's going to intentionally undermine the new coach though, unless the guy is an idiot (which I don't believe he is).
I agree with this but I do hope Rodgers makes a bit of a personality adjustment and takes some pressure off of receivers by not always grimacing and pouting when somebody makes a mistake. If he wants to say something; then just say it and move on.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF True

That is a huge deal. As a head coach you should be in front OF YOUR team giving them leadership.
Well, we're not talking about EVERY meeting here. Personally, I don't think it matters who gives the odd meeting, as long as they're capable.

BUT even if you view this as complacency (which I could see): McCarthy's been fired, it's over and done with. We knew he wasn't getting the job done, for whatever reason. So where's the big news?

I agree with this but I do hope Rodgers makes a bit of a personality adjustment and takes some pressure off of receivers by not always grimacing and pouting when somebody makes a mistake.
I guess there's a thin line between holding people accountable and throwing them under the bus. I don't think Rodgers is a saint by any means, so it would be good to see him do better. I'd really like to see Rodgers and the Packers bounce back in a big way just to shove it in Cowherd's frigging face. I used to not think he was biased, but since the Packers have fallen on hard times, his crowing has been entirely too gleeful.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relative to what? ...
are you kidding? it put the Packers in the peril they found themselves in at the end of last season. the dysfunction of their relationship, mccarthy's comfort level (and more), rodgers' stubbornness (and more), murphy's disconnect, thompson's philosophy and failing health, ball's meddling (and delay telling murphy thompson had lost it). it's laughable. if it had happened to minn or chi we'd all be rolling on the floor.

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even HaHa standing up for Aaron and McCarthy calling out those players leaking the information as 'lil hoes'. Gained some respect for him from that.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are you kidding? it put the Packers in the peril they found themselves in at the end of last season. the dysfunction of their relationship, mccarthy's comfort level (and more), rodgers' stubbornness (and more), murphy's disconnect, thompson's philosophy and failing health, ball's meddling (and delay telling murphy thompson had lost it). it's laughable. if it had happened to minn or chi we'd all be rolling on the floor.
How much was the drama though, and how much was simply that the talent drain had caught up with us? Years of picking late in the round, along with the philosophy of minimal free agency. The Saints (a team with some similarities to us) also missed the playoffs for two straight years. As has been said, if we were winning, none of this stuff matters. The main thing was Thompson's failures in the draft IMO.

I agree that we'd be laughing at Minnesota or Chicago about this, but again we KNEW something wasn't right, we KNEW we weren't winning, we KNEW McCarthy was on his last legs, and we KNEW Rodgers was frustrated. All this article does is shed some light on some details. But the house has been cleaned. There's not much more we can change outside of getting rid of Rodgers (which would most likely set us back years).

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe both sides can accept some blame,BUT... majority falls on McCarthy and HIS complacency. Telling everyone the QB room was where it needed to be after the Barr hit and how we played like hot garbage last year. No wonder he got so mad when the term “complacency” was mentioned by Murphy. He looked in the mirror and knew he was the reason and the root of it. As far as AR goes, I do not blame him for one moment for jumping in people’s faces when he was the one laying it on the line for the team all those years. And last year he was like any of the rest of us would have been. Why put your career and body on the line if the organization nor coach had your back or tried to help you out.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I decided to have a read of that article and it really is a bunch of opinion with ... Well some truth but mostly sounded like someone reading every negative post in this forum and construing a bunch of old book leaflets trying to write a a failed documentary script.

I find myself more inclined to believe this article

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...or-aaron-rodgers-in-aftermath-of-b-r-article/

Much of these same fake analysts were getting opinions from Finley of him saying he doesn't think Rodgers and MLF will hit it off period when he doesn't even know MLF. Man and I thought fake news was getting bad in politics but It's almost as bad in sports too.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much of these same fake analysts were getting opinions from Finley of him saying he doesn't think Rodgers and MLF will hit it off period when he doesn't even know MLF. Man and I thought fake news was getting bad in politics but It's almost as bad in sports too.
It's one thing to believe what was said in the article. It's another thing to draw the conclusion that the LeFleur/Rodgers combination isn't going to work out. And you can tell those people are hoping it isn't going to work out. That's just hating.

I hope it works out just so those people have to eat it. Even Rodgers/McCarthy worked for a time. I think the Packers were the best team in football for awhile there - say, from late 2009 to late 2010.

Last edited:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Seems to me McLardy isnt getting proper respect for developing Rodgers ...

I remember when Rodgers was drafted and The coaching staff in GB had to pretty much change Rodgers entire throwing stance/motion.

I never was fond of McLardy, however, putting all The blame on him is naive and borderline ignorant. The players have a huge fault in this AS well ...

But for a team without clear onfield leaders its a tough Road to walk, because it requires alot of self-discipline to hold yourself to higher standards ...

D

Deleted member 6794

I knew everything in the article was pretty much bunk and I stopped reading when I read Dunne claim that Murphy told Rodgers "Don't be the problem" in a phone call. This was a complete fabrication by Dunne and I know that for a fact.

You know that for a fact??? :roflmao: It seems you have absolutely no idea about the meaning of that phrase.

At the same time in the past 5 years, the talent has been dwindling around Rodgers in which more has been put on his plate, and therefore would probably play to his frustration. We've already seen when he tried to give some input he was denied in regards to keeping players around and whatnot.

Once again, the front office is definitely correct about not involving Rodgers in personnel decisions.

I agree with this but I do hope Rodgers makes a bit of a personality adjustment and takes some pressure off of receivers by not always grimacing and pouting when somebody makes a mistake.

I highly doubt Rodgers will be able to adjust his personality at this stage in his career.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, you should be able to deal with it as long as you post about knowing what happened in a phone call between Murphy and Rodgers for a fact.
The Packers have not dignified much of what Dunne wrote with a response, but did say that the contents of the phone call was nothing but positive.

I'm not sure Aaron will waste his time commenting on Dunne, but I am sure he would echo the complete positive nature of the phone call if he did choose to comment on it if asked.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much was the drama though, and how much was simply that the talent drain had caught up with us? Years of picking late in the round, along with the philosophy of minimal free agency. The Saints (a team with some similarities to us) also missed the playoffs for two straight years. As has been said, if we were winning, none of this stuff matters. The main thing was Thompson's failures in the draft IMO.

I agree that we'd be laughing at Minnesota or Chicago about this, but again we KNEW something wasn't right, we KNEW we weren't winning, we KNEW McCarthy was on his last legs, and we KNEW Rodgers was frustrated. All this article does is shed some light on some details. But the house has been cleaned. There's not much more we can change outside of getting rid of Rodgers (which would most likely set us back years).
all those things caused the team to stop winning...not the other way around. stale offense, no innovation, less communication, less discipline, rodgers losing respect for mccarthy and undermining him, rodgers freezing players out, loss of talent, front office malpractice. it was a triangle of dysfunction. yes we knew things weren't right but now we're learning why...and more to come out someday when there's less/nothing for people to lose. the house isn't totally clean. there's a part of the old triangle that's now part of the new triangle. his acceptance and openness is critical.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have not dignified much of what Dunne wrote with a response, but did say that the contents of the phone call was nothing but positive.

I'm not sure Aaron will waste his time commenting on Dunne, but I am sure he would echo the complete positive nature of the phone call if he did choose to comment on it if asked.
lol...what are they going to do...deny it? there's too much corroboration to do that. it's not like dunne is the only GB reporter that's ever mentioned this stuff. best to maybe say they believe everything is back on track, and it's time to move on...a fresh start. make it a positive. disputing it will only make more come out and distract from the course they're trying to set.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, the front office is definitely correct about not involving Rodgers in personnel decisions.
That's fine, so long as they get the boatload of the blame for how ineffective they've proven to be in spite of Rodgers covering their sorry tails.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lol...what are they going to do...deny it? there's too much corroboration to do that. best to ignore, maybe say they believe everything is back on track, and move on. make it a positive.
It's been reported by several sources that the Packers dispute any contentious nature of the phone call implied by Dunne. Not that they are saying the rest of the article is true, but the reports are they did say that characterization of the call was false.

Basically the Packers have said that Dunne is full of sh$t that Murphy told Rodgers "Don't be the problem"

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you should be able to deal with it as long as you post about knowing what happened in a phone call between Murphy and Rodgers for a fact.
Maybe he really does?

You may poo poo this but there are people here with direct ties to front office and players.

Hell... I have people as relatives that dealt directly with Ted. I've had a close contact that is a business partner with Rodgers..

Just because you think it's impossible doesn't mean it your right

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been reported by several sources that the Packers dispute any contentious nature of the phone call implied by Dunne. Not that they are saying the rest of the article is true, but the reports are they did say that characterization of the call was false.

Basically the Packers have said that Dunne is full of sh$t that Murphy told Rodgers "Don't be the problem"
so on this item there's a disagreement. guess we'll see. i wonder how many were in the room. one had to be the source. i hope murphy had the guts to tell rodgers that.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so on this item there's a disagreement. guess we'll see. i wonder how many were in the room. one had to be the source. i hope murphy had the guts to tell rodgers that.
I don't think Rodgers is unapproachable.

Latest posts