What do you think about the Texans game in 2012.

doc108

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the offseason and our boards have become quite boring. So I am making my rounds on other boards of teams we play in 2012. Anyway just wanted to know what you think about the game at Reliant next year.

Oh yeah and I got into the Packers for those awful years when Houston had no team so I am a secondary Packers fan.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to tell.
The Packers could grab the bull by the horns and tame that beast.
On the other hand, the Texans were also playoff contenders while they are not one of those teams up there as strong or as good as the Packers.
So I expect the Packers to win knowing what team they are and being better prepared from the off season.
It's cool since the Texans do have a better looking logo.
A three colored bull head with the Texas Star for the eye? Nice!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking that is going to be a tough game. I think the Texans are going to be a force next year, much more so than they were this season. Provided the Packers are at the top of their game, they may well be facing a contender for the AFC Championship. The Texans, with a healthy QB are gonna give the Patriots a run.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts on the Texans: Hottest cheerleaders in the NFL.

Strong run game, potentially strong defense and with Schaub, they have a top tier passing game. Houston was my dark horse pick this season to make a Super Bowl run until both Schaub went down due to injury. That team is as good as anyone in the league with him, which makes them a pretty tough opponent.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a good match up for the 2011 packers. Hopefully things change but I didnt like seeing teams with a strong pass rush and a great passing game.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts on the Texans: Hottest cheerleaders in the NFL.

Strong run game, potentially strong defense and with Schaub, they have a top tier passing game. Houston was my dark horse pick this season to make a Super Bowl run until both Schaub went down due to injury. That team is as good as anyone in the league with him, which makes them a pretty tough opponent.
Love their cheerleaders, and they are definitely hotter than the Cowgirls, but the Raiders, Bucs, Chargers cheerleaders are heavenly as well.
Not a good match up for the 2011 packers. Hopefully things change but I didnt like seeing teams with a strong pass rush and a great passing game.
I agree about that.... the Texans can kill you with the great Arian Foster on the ground, outta the backfield, and they have Andre Johnson who we don't have anyone who can cover.

With a healthy Schaub, I'd expect them to score 35-45 on our defense as San Diego, Detroit, New York all did this season.

This could be the OCCUPY game for PackerNation!
Last year it was the 45-38 win in San Diego.... this one could shape up similar.

Why don't we play at Miami more often?
Dang.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion, the Texans were one of the six best teams in the NFL last year. The Texans lost their quarterback (Schaub), receiver (Andre Johnson and my 2nd Round fantasy pick) and DE (Mario Williams) and still should have been in the AFC Championship Game. The Texans have a great team.

Going off of last year, this is a bad matchup for the Packers. Right now, I have no idea who's going to play opposite Andre Johnson. (This looks like a job for Nick Collins, if he's healthy.) The Texans are going to try to run Arian Foster 20+ times. Not to mention, JJ Watt vs. Marshall Newhouse is going to be interesting. This could be one of those 37-35 type games.

BSchujasNYG

Giants Fan
Reaction score
With no bias to either of these teams, Houston, if their defense continues to dominate and your younger core guys continue to improve, can give the tough Packers offense a tough matchup.

And unless the Packers can fix their D wounds, the Texans are gonna be tough to defend with Schaub coming back healthy, Foster most likely resigning, and a healthy Andre Johnson. You guys (the Texans) have a complete offense and are tough in the trenches.

OP
OP
D

doc108

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought that the most storied franchise in the NFL would be considering my lowly Texans as a huge challenge. **sniffles**

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought that the most storied franchise in the NFL would be considering my lowly Texans as a huge challenge. **sniffles**

Honestly, I thought they were poised to become the 96 Panthers/Jaguars when they first came into the league. I thought they got a lot of talent when they first came in, but their OL play totally screwed David Carr up which hurt the team a lot.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
With a healthy Schaub the Texans are going to be a force. On paper the best team in the AFC with Schaub since they would be a projected top 5 in around everything on paper and also young.

It's amazing what they did last year with so many injuries and nearly making it to the title game in the end.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How accurate can pre-pre-season predictions really be before the teams settle on the 53 man roster?
It's easier isn't it after the draft and trades and all that stuff?
It's kinda like flying blind just basing it on past performances alone.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
How accurate can pre-pre-season predictions really be before the teams settle on the 53 man roster?
It's easier isn't it after the draft and trades and all that stuff?
It's kinda like flying blind just basing it on past performances alone.

Yeah I have to see if the Texans lose anyone to FA but even then they usually draft pretty well lately to fill up holes.

Still though based on the team this past season it won't probably be dramatically different.

The D is top 5. The run game is ridiculous already every year and they can pass the ball as well as anyone with Schaub and Andre healthy.

The special teams are usually good enough.

The D is the key. The Texans D for years sucked and got destroyed. Now it is good under Wade.

To be perfectly honest, a healthy Texans team might be the best and most balanced team in the league now that they have playoff experience under their belts. The key for them will be avoiding falling short of the high expectations now and avoiding major injury to say Schaub.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I have to see if the Texans lose anyone to FA but even then they usually draft pretty well lately to fill up holes.

Still though based on the team this past season it won't probably be dramatically different.

The D is top 5. The run game is ridiculous already every year and they can pass the ball as well as anyone with Schaub and Andre healthy.

The special teams are usually good enough.

The D is the key. The Texans D for years sucked and got destroyed. Now it is good under Wade.

To be perfectly honest, a healthy Texans team might be the best and most balanced team in the league now that they have playoff experience under their belts. The key for them will be avoiding falling short of the high expectations now and avoiding major injury to say Schaub.
Good answers.

I expect the Packers to do what they can to change/improve defense and the running game which is why I expect them to win.

Crikey! We need the new football season already.
Why can't they just take 7 weeks off instead of 7 months?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Good answers.

I expect the Packers to do what they can to change/improve defense and the running game which is why I expect them to win.

Crikey! We need the new football season already.
Why can't they just take 7 weeks off instead of 7 months?

As highly as I speak of Houston though I don't think I would put them as my pick for the SB champs though. They will be the **** AFC pick which kinda scares me. I have to see how they deal with higher expectations then ever before.

Sadly, I have a hunch right now Pittsburgh could get back to the big one. They like to go to the SB after the Pats do. 2005 and 2008 for example. Will it happen a third time? SB losers tend to have strange things happen to them with injuries and stuff so I am not really counting on NE getting back there again right now.

AaronShockley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally am more worried about this game than any other.

The Lions and Bears are tough opponents for us because they are division rivals, but we know them, we know how to beat them. We know nothing about the Texans. You can see most everything on film, but not everything. Texans have a well balanced team and getting back Schaub makes them nasty. I could really see them being in the top 5 of offense and top 10 in defense next year, sure to give a lot of teams a run for their money.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Texans are going to slaughter many teams next year.

No doubt in my mind that they can beat the Packers if GB still don't have a defense.

They are the team that you do not want to meet. They don't have the need of a quarterback to throw the ball 40-50 times. Their defense will hold you in check while Arian Foster runs all over the place. And thinking of that, if the Pack's defense is still ranked 32nd, I can see Foster breaking records against them. This is a game I would worry about.

I'm curious to see what happens with Schaub. He comes back, they will be better, but I wonder if they'll be airing it out more next year. Andre Johnson is not their only good guy, he was just the only one T.J. Yates liked to throw to.

Houston and Detroit (both times) will be the Packers toughest games next year.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to tell.
The Packers could grab the bull by the horns and tame that beast.
On the other hand, the Texans were also playoff contenders while they are not one of those teams up there as strong or as good as the Packers.
So I expect the Packers to win knowing what team they are and being better prepared from the off season.
It's cool since the Texans do have a better looking logo.
A three colored bull head with the Texas Star for the eye? Nice!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

please forget farve, its time to change your signature pic. it is really disturbing...lol

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a great test for our packers squad. My early prediction is that Houston will be representing the AFC in the Superbowl next year..

AaronShockley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a great test for our packers squad. My early prediction is that Houston will be representing the AFC in the Superbowl next year..
I wouldn't go that far, I think they will crumble at some point, but I do think they are a quality team, and with Manning in the division will probably win the AFC South again.

They aren't good enough to beat teams like Baltimore, or the Steelers (when healthy) or Patriots if they do any sort of defensive pick ups in the draft or FA.

OP
OP
D

doc108

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far, I think they will crumble at some point, but I do think they are a quality team, and with Manning in the division will probably win the AFC South again.

They aren't good enough to beat teams like Baltimore, or the Steelers (when healthy) or Patriots if they do any sort of defensive pick ups in the draft or FA.
Respectfully did you watch any Texans game this year. We did beat the Steelers when healthy we would have beaten the Ravens in the playoffs with a QB who could actually convert third downs. We didn't play the Pats this year so I will reserve judgement on that. We may have the best defense in the NFL although maybe not because we haven't had a good defense before this year. And no the Colts will not win the division Manning or no Manning.

Members online

Latest posts