What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LT -- not being snarky here ... I'm thinking I'm missing something. What is different in that article than what we've been hearing the talking heads drone on and on about since this thing bubbled to the surface?
Nothing concrete really, just a thought they have hammered out details on what part of contract we're going to take on.
And that this part of the contract was written in a way for team/time and for player/guarantee.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
LT -- not being snarky here ... I'm thinking I'm missing something. What is different in that article than what we've been hearing the talking heads drone on and on about since this thing bubbled to the surface?
Agree. Another nothing burger of an article and they are multiplying.

Until I read "Rodgers Trade Official" or "Rodgers Trade Deal Off", not worth the time to read the same thing over and over.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With the pending rumored sale of the Commodes in the next few weeks, could they be contenders for a star name at QB? https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/04/commanders-likely-to-be-sold-in-a-matter-of-weeks Could this be considered?
I believe that they inquired about Rodgers and Wilson last year, but Wilson did not want to be traded to them. Not sure about Rodgers, but I could see him nixing that deal and insist he will only play for the Jets (out of the 2 teams).

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that they inquired about Rodgers and Wilson last year, but Wilson did not want to be traded to them. Not sure about Rodgers, but I could see him nixing that deal and insist he will only play for the Jets (out of the 2 teams).
I am just hoping they express an interest to open a bidding war.

D

Deleted member 6794

In contrast to a Brett Favre Rodgers was always very conservative. I think what they are saying is that he rarely forces a throw which has the great risk of a pick. And even then he would throw it so it was uncatchable by either side. But yes, he did opt to go long in tight coverage when all that was needed was a high percentage short throw to move the chains. I believe Rodgers still sees players like Adams. Jordy, Jennings, Driver, and Jones in his sleep. And when he looked downfield last year they were gone.

I agree that Rodgers has been way more conservative than Favre, which resulted in significantly less interceptions over the course of his career. My point is that it's impossible that he threw too many deep bombs at the same time as well though.

I’ve been travelling for 3 months. I’ve spoken with scores of Packer fans. I havent met a single one thats sad to see Rodgers going going hopefully gone. People were sick of his BS and coming up short in big games. This whole “ oh will GB put the team around AR that he deserves” is over. The whole “oh we have this awesome all time great QB I just hope we can give him what he needs” BS is over. Now it’s about putting together a team and performing as a TEAM. Will there be ups and downs? That’s sports, that’s the NFL, that’s life. We went 8-9 and missed the playoffs last year. Do we take a step back to a 6-11 team? Maybe - (maybe not), but then we start building on something. Soooooo much more refreshing than going into this season wondering if we’ve done enough to placate and coddle Rodgers only to watch him pout and point fingers. The fourth quarters of his last 3 season ending games. All close HOME games in which the Packers were favored. 10 of 23 for 89 yards one interception ZERO touchdowns 59 QBR

You travelled for three months and ended up only talking to yourself? :whistling:

I am just hoping they express an interest to open a bidding war.

That would only work if Rodgers agreed to play for the Commanders.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Turn the heat up another notch on the Jets if this NFL rumor is true. It sounds like OBJ might be ready to sign with the Jets, but won't until the trade with Rodgers is complete.

If the Packers aren't in too big of a hurry to get the deal done, I have a feeling that the Jets timeline just moved up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Imagine the Jets using their #13 pick on a QB!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could the answer be 2 3rds this year and a 1 next year? Of course the 2024 1st rounder would probably be pick #32. Just exactly which 3rd rounders are offered would matter.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I heard the 49ers have offered recently.

A 2024 first round pick as well as multiple 3rd round picks in this years draft. They have 3 compensatory selections at the end of the round.

Maybe they can squeeze the Jets for both their 2023 second round picks and a conditional 2024 pick

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess Rodgers likes to workout with teammates after all. Spotted in CA working out with Lazard. Wonder how both teams feel about that. Trade isn't done, Rodgers rips up a knee, Packers are Fubard.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess Rodgers likes to workout with teammates after all. Spotted in CA working out with Lazard. Wonder how both teams feel about that. Trade isn't done, Rodgers rips up a knee, Packers are Fubard.

He is under contract and off season workouts are all normal.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He is under contract and off season workouts are all normal.
Just odd seeing him working out with teammates outside of structured, mandatory workouts. I guess a good thing though, working on chemistry with a soon to be new teammate. :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s always been one of the hardest working guys in the league on and off the field, In and out of season. How do you think he got from where he was to where he is? Skips an OTA after almost 2 decades in the league and people lost all sight of perspective and history.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a new theory. With reports of Joe Douglas saying "he will be here" there must be an agreement in place. You undermine your bargaining position if you don't. Maybe there is a condition on how the draft unfolds. Something like: if Paris Johnson is available at 13, then we will give you our 2 2nd round picks and *** for Rodgers. Otherwise we will give you the 13th overall and zzz pick for Rodgers. Or maybe the agreement is a 1st round pick in the 20s. NYJ plans to trade back if they can.

The trade may happen during the draft.

D

Deleted member 6794

Did you expect Rodgers would wrap himself in bubble wrap until the trade with the Jets is completed? :rolleyes:

Could have used some more chemistry with the Packer receivers last year.

Actually Rodgers could have used more talent at wide receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts