What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely an opinion that I would guess that you are in the minority on.
among fans that can't get thru a day without something negative on Rodgers. yes. But even on here, seems most say, while GB "cares" about what he says, many haven't really said it's had an impact. Some besides captain or myself have even made the claim that nobody has said it has diminished his trade value.

Regardless, as if the consensus or popularity contest means much. Lots of people have been very adamant, yet very wrong about some pretty major things in recent history.

Favre was traded for a conditional draft pick that became a 3rd rounder. What's the going rate for a QB that is almost at the end? I have a feeling he gets better than a 3rd if he's traded.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
among fans that can't get thru a day without something negative on Rodgers. yes. But even on here, seems most say, while GB "cares" about what he says, many haven't really said it's had an impact. Some besides captain or myself have even made the claim that nobody has said it has diminished his trade value.

Regardless, as if the consensus or popularity contest means much. Lots of people have been very adamant, yet very wrong about some pretty major things in recent history.

Favre was traded for a conditional draft pick that became a 3rd rounder. What's the going rate for a QB that is almost at the end? I have a feeling he gets better than a 3rd if he's traded.
We could have gotten a lot more for Favre if TT had had the guts to trade him to an NFC team. His TOP priority was putting Favre somewhere where he hoped he’d never have to face him. I think we can get a second this year, a first next year a player or two - something on that order. Way better than nothing except maybe another year of pouting, eye rolling, finger pointing.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's say no other GM offers us more than a 3rd for him in a trade and AR wants to keep playing? Should we take the 3rd and call it a day?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say no other GM offers us more than a 3rd for him in a trade and AR wants to keep playing? Should we take the 3rd and call it a day?

That wouldn't exist...at a minimum I could see 3rds but conditionally a team trading for Rodgers would always listen to escalators tied to team success.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I knew Love absolutely was the future and that's the best I could get, maybe, probably. Or if I was in the "something is better than nothing" crowd I guess.

But a 3rd doesn't get me too excited and other than taking care of cap quicker I don't really see this as any better option than just seeing if experience with youth a new crop of drafts and hopefully some health can make us better with Rodgers.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I knew Love absolutely was the future and that's the best I could get, maybe, probably. Or if I was in the "something is better than nothing" crowd I guess.

But a 3rd doesn't get me too excited and other than taking care of cap quicker I don't really see this as any better option than just seeing if experience with youth a new crop of drafts and hopefully some health can make us better with Rodgers.
A lot of fans here and on other message boards I visit are assuming we'll get a decent haul for Rodgers from NY or Vegas but what if we don't? We better hope Love is the answer...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Vegas is really a legitimate option myself. But maybe if it is, I hope we score big time.

I still think he'll be here or retire myself.

D

Deleted member 6794

It would be ignorant to ignore it or adhere to it. Collectively is all that matters. It's okay to have just a hint of critical thought towards #12 Capt. It doesn't mean you think he sucks or is a terrible person or someone we are better without LOL

I definitely agree that it's OK to be critical of Rodgers but fans should be fair in evaluating him.

In my opinion he was only an average quarterback in 2022 with injuries and a lack of talent surrounding him contributing to it. I understand that it might be best for the team to trade him this offseason because of the unique way his contract is structured. No issue with any of that at all.

I get upset when people act as if Zach Wilson would be an upgrade over him though. As I have said repeatedly those fans will be in for a rude awakening once the team doesn't feature a future HOF QB anymore.

Definitely an opinion that I would guess that you are in the minority on.

I highly doubt there's any truth to that. Aside of the small amount of fans who want to spin everything Rodgers says in a negative way I believe not a lot of people care that much.

If the Packers don't want to pay him another $60 million they might have no choice. Gutekunst should immediately be on the hot seat in that case though because he completely misinterpreted the situation and structured Rodgers contract in that stupid way.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I get upset when people act as if Zach Wilson would be an upgrade over him though. As I have said repeatedly those fans will be in for a rude awakening once the team doesn't feature a future HOF QB anymore.
I haven't seen any of those fans, but I don't question that they are out there. There is very little doubt in my mind that a healthy Rodgers would be the best option for the Packers in 2023, if all we are looking at is W and L's. However, I don't think he has a good enough offense around him and a suspect defense, to lead this team to a Super Bowl. Therefore, I am just fine with the Packers getting as much as they can in a trade and hand the reins over to a new QB. The longer they put it off, the less they get in a trade and probably equally as important, the longer the cap issues remain.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I highly doubt there's any truth to that. Aside of the small amount of fans who want to spin everything Rodgers says in a negative way I believe not a lot of people care that much.
Do you pay attention to the media? This isn't an isolated small amount of people talking about Rodgers. I know that you don't believe in much that is said by the media, but the media and fans around the world are not being all that favorable to the man.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you pay attention to the media? This isn't an isolated small amount of people talking about Rodgers. I know that you don't believe in much that is said by the media, but the media and fans around the world are not being all that favorable to the man.
and most right now, because he's going on an isolation retreat. They can't put a phone down for 4 hours, but think there is something inherently wrong with a guy that is going to cut himself off for 4 days. I guess when safety in numbers is your best defense, it's your best defense...

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a good thing then that the media and fans are not going to be the ones making trade offers.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The league has plenty of players that can't get enough attention like AR. Most GM's are going to put their player evaluation emphasis on what they do when the pads come on. No doubt, AR is still gifted and is very likely way better than Jordan Love. Still, given the holes in the roster, salary cap hell and Love needing to get a chance to play, its time to trade AR, even if we are disappointed with the haul. The Packers just aren't going to win a SB the next year or two with him. He doesn't make plays outside of the pocket like he used to and his in-game leadership is not good. I could care less about all of the nonsense he spouts on a weekly basis, its about the team and they can't win with him any more.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It is a good thing then that the media and fans are not going to be the ones making trade offers.
LOL....which is much like saying "It's a good thing that the media and fans don't play the game on Sundays." Any business that ignores its clients and the media, would be ignorant and self serving to a fault.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m sure the packers or any team trading for Rodgers put all hand wringing by fans above all the stuff that actually matters when it comes to building and maintaining a roster.

I mean look how much they cared about the fans when the traded Favre. If fans had their way or teams cared that much, he’d have been brought back as the starter.

We might pay their bills, but they care far more about their product than their fans. We’re easily replaceable and they know it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess teams do pay attention

King said he spoke with NFL representatives during Super Bowl week and claimed to have witnessed "eyebrow-raising" when he mentioned Rodgers' upcoming "darkness period" to mull his NFL future.
There was eyebrow-raising among a few league or team people I brought this up with, the reaction being: I can see why the Packers would consider trading him. Seems like a good person, but he might be more trouble than he’s worth," King wrote.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“King wrote”…

Not a team GM said. King wrote. A journalist getting clicks.

King said he spoke with NFL representatives during Super Bowl week and claimed to have witnessed "eyebrow-raising" when he mentioned Rodgers' upcoming "darkness period" to mull his NFL future.

"There was eyebrow-raising among a few league or team people I brought this up with, the reaction being: I can see why the Packers would consider trading him. Seems like a good person, but he might be more trouble than he’s worth," King wrote.

Are you calling King a liar? The man said he got the info from NFL representatives.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Are you calling King a liar? The man said he got the info from NFL representatives.
"Oh just more media nonsense, we only believe what Aaron Rodgers says!" :rolleyes:

One DA President spins the "Fake News" line and now everybody wants to use that.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which representatives?

How much responsibility do said representatives bear in any potential trade?

Not saying there's no smoke without fire but "NFL representatives" can mean a lot of things without necessarily referring to anybody who actually would have any bearing on a potential trade or not. I'm sure he didn't just make it up, but without knowing exactly who those sources are and in what specific way it would impact any potential trade deal it's hard for me to put a lot of stock in such reports.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, King said they raised eyebrows. So what does that mean? To me it means nothing. Because the 4 days of darkness is odd. It's not something most people do, so yes, it will "raise eyebrows". Especially when people can't put their phones down for 4 hours.

The rest that was written, was Kings opinion on what the raised eyebrows meant. Not a fact. Not some rep that said, man, the guy has lost his mind and we're done with him. Not a GM saying, Rodgers is a headcase we'd have no interest in him. It was raised eyebrows.

I"m calling King a journalist with no super bowl to write about anymore so this is the next best thing.

and it has nothing to do with believing only what Rodgers says, at all. It's about a group that latch onto anything and everything as long as it can be spun a certain way. In the same article he's talking about teams wanting to talk trade. Teams that have officially asked for permission to talk trade too. So, what does that tell you?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
“King wrote”…

Not a team GM said. King wrote. A journalist getting clicks.
He spoke to to nfl reps. He said it. King isnt one to just look for clicks.

This is why people can't have a serious convo with people that will defend rodgers to no end

Status
Not open for further replies.