Were are the Manning haters?

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Manning tosses a pick to put the game out of reach. Where is the bashing from the media? Does this mean he is a choker and can't win the big game? After all he has only one ring in his career and has had two chances just like Favre. Whenever Favre comes up we are told that Manning is so much better because he doesn't choke in the clutch. Well it seems to me that when any team puts so much on the qb to make plays, there can be mistakes no matter how good the qb.

Now I don't blame this loss entirley on Manning, his d couldn't get NO off the field and give him enough chances to win the game.

Let the spin begin....

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So Manning tosses a pick to put the game out of reach. Where is the bashing from the media? Does this mean he is a choker and can't win the big game? After all he has only one ring in his career and has had two chances just like Favre. Whenever Favre comes up we are told that Manning is so much better because he doesn't choke in the clutch. Well it seems to me that when any team puts so much on the qb to make plays, there can be mistakes no matter how good the qb.

Now I don't blame this loss entirley on Manning, his d couldn't get NO off the field and give him enough chances to win the game.

Let the spin begin....

I just woke up and was watching 1st and 10 on ESPN.. Trust me Peyton is getting bashed...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
deon sanders on nfl network right after the game and said that he CHOKED

and he did....Bad pass that ended up costing them the game

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The guy is in too many commercials and they are afraid if they bash him too much he would lose too much value, and that would create a loss in commercial revenue. That is why I believe there isn't too much Manning bashing. Though I support everyone who disses the arrogant man.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
First thing i said when he threw that interception was "must be an old guy thing". There's plenty of Manning bashing going on, Favre gets it worse cause he's a ***** who is playing a team sport only for himself. And you'll see more favre bashing here cause this is a PACKERS forum

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must not be listening. They may not be saying that he CHOKED, but they are letting you know that he may not be the greatest of all time just yet. Peyton is 9-9 in the playoffs...The ESPN boys all said stuff about maybe speaking too soon.

I don't know what you are arguing? The fact that Burt Fart gets a bad wrap? Or Peyton is overrated?

shadows_fall4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st and 10 had on there bottom topic, Manning walks off field without shaking hands with Saints. Manning said it was the Saints stage. That's a poor excuse. Wonder if his dad will demote him and have Eli be his #1 son. Nice win Saints

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh boo-****ing-hoo. Brett Fraud has a history of throwing season ending passes. Manning is generally more careful with the ball. Sure he makes mistakes, it happens, but he's not nearly as careless with the ball as Fraud is.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st and 10 had on there bottom topic, Manning walks off field without shaking hands with Saints. Manning said it was the Saints stage. That's a poor excuse. Wonder if his dad will demote him and have Eli be his #1 son. Nice win Saints

True it's a classless act, but Manning apparently contacted Brees after the game to congratulate him, so make of it what you will.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a knock on Peyton Manning the rest of his life. This definitely puts Tom Brady in recent history as the greatest QB of the past 25 or 30 years. This will defiantly get bigger as time goes on, they will remember this. BF has in recent years brought a lot of things on himself, where as there have been no question marks on Peyton Manning.

Bottom line without Peyton, I am not sure they even make the playoffs this year and they would have the worst O-line in the league.

BF has indirectly made know that if he was on the right team he could make things happen. He had an opportunity in Green Bay and his star power went bust at the worst time (2007). The Jets with pretty much the same team goes to the AFC championship game without him. Then he gets his wish with the vikings, the perfect fit and yet comes up short, his star power lacking at the worst time.

Peyton has been a rather quite star that goes about his business, loyal to the team that has brought him fame, were as BF indecision/selfishness/poor decisions has earned him what he gets.

My bet that Manning will take the responsibility for what is his and come back next year with a team first mentality, not with an unsure attitude about wether he wants to play any more and silently and indirectly bashing the organization for not getting enough star players around him so that he can win another.

Thats the difference I see and feel with Manning, he has always been a true professional in all aspects of the game, on and off the field. BF has not handled the business side of the NFL very well.

Although I think BF would have been a different person if he had the opportunity to play most of his career with a coach like Dungy, you can not discredit what Dungy did for a star like Manning.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Are you watching or listening to any media coverage today? Obviously not. Clearly Manning choked, however I could really care less. Peyton Manning means nothing to me whereas Favre stabbed me in the back....so choke job in the NFC Championship was fun to see.

Also....name me one time Peyton Manning has thrown six interceptions in the playoffs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is that Manning doesn't have the history of throwing game-ending INTS, like Favre do.

Favre's status as a choker is pretty much unbeatable. But if Manning loses in the similar fashion again, then his "top 5 qb of all time" will take quite a tumble...

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
The thing is that Manning doesn't have the history of throwing game-ending INTS, like Favre do.

Favre's status as a choker is pretty much unbeatable. But if Manning loses in the similar fashion again, then his "top 5 qb of all time" will take quite a tumble...

Why does one play take him out of the "top 5 qb of all time" discussion? I still think he's one of the best ever. He's won a Super Bowl. Some consider Dan Marino the best ever and he hasn't won a Super Bowl.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
That was a horrible decision by Peyton. As soon as he threw it, I yelled, "NOOOOO!" It had pick-6 written all over it from the moment it left his hand.

I feel for Indy fans as, having been a Pack fan through all the Favre INTs, I know what it is like to see such a mental lapse from your team leader, the guy who was most responsible for getting you to the playoffs in the first place.

I have seen a fair amount of bashing in the media, by the way. Am sure there is more to come.

To compare Manning to Favre regarding the "choke" topic is a bit of a reach, though. Favre is known for his game killing INTs. Manning is not, imo. Now, if Manning did it again next year and the year after that? Then, I would agree.

Congrats to the Saints and their fans.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score

Let the spin begin....

The difference is that favre slurpers have been FOR YEARS blaming choke jobs on every single player BUT brINT favre. The reason for the "haters" is because some of us got sick of always hearing that the WR ran the wrong route or whatever so you turd polishers could deflect any and all blame from favre. If it wasn't for the adulation and people blaming everything that went wrong with the Packers on everybody BUT brINT favre the "hater" group wouldn't exist - and we exist for the sole reason of trying to collectively pull guys like you from out of his ******.

Winning is a team thing as is losing. Some times a single player does play a disproportionate role in either a win or a loss but generally it is a team affair. For years favre was placed on a pedestal where he only got credit and never blame - it was favre and 52 stumble bums.

This year the queens season ended on a horrible brINT favre decision. It was a terrible pass and a terrible decision by a seasoned future HOF QB at the worst possible moment in the game, when victory was very likely imminent. But it was one in a slew of self inflicted wounds that team was guilty of during the game. Nobody in their right mind is BLAMING favre for the loss - but the criticism of his reckless, brain dead decision at the moment of truth is completely justified and based on how he has ended his season in several recent years seems to be quite a trend. But criticizing him for a terrible pass is not the same as blaming the entire loss on him - not even close.

The favre acolytes for years got away with their superman and 52 stumble bums act - and often when favre's play and bad decisions were huge in leading to a Packer defeat. Several of us started pushing back on that notion and because the perspective of the acolytes is so skewed, it makes us appear to them as "haters" just because we hold favre accountable for his screw ups.

The fawning mass of worshipers has made favre an easy target to resent because it is obvious to so many that the emperor has no clothes. Those who wanted to absolve favre from everything and make him out to be a God are now finding themselves on the wrong side of history as brINT favre the myth and brINT favre the actual guy are reconciled. You all slobed his knob at every opportunity in the past and now you look like fools so instead of coming clean with a mea culpa you simply dig in and push back even harder with the "hater" rhetoric.

In short, brINT favre is a great QB with a couple fatal flaws. He made a horrible decision at the end of the NFCC game and it cost his team a good shot win that game in regulation and go to the super bowl. Peyton Manning is a great QB who made a really bad pass in the SB and it cost his team a chance to send the game into OT. No spin is needed, they both hiccuped at the worst possible time and the New Orleans Saints are Super Bowl Champions - end of story.:suicide2:

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
This will be a knock on Peyton Manning the rest of his life. This definitely puts Tom Brady in recent history as the greatest QB of the past 25 or 30 years. This will defiantly get bigger as time goes on, they will remember this. BF has in recent years brought a lot of things on himself, where as there have been no question marks on Peyton Manning.

Although Manning HAS been part of a SB champion, in a comparison of eras, Brady is looking a lot like Joe Montana to Manning's Dan Marino.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all expect Favre to throw INT's because thats the kind of player he is, Manning on the other hand we expect him to Win the game for his team. Well that didnt happen at least his INT wasnt as bad as Favre's in the NFC Championship game!

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
We all expect Favre to throw INT's because thats the kind of player he is, Manning on the other hand we expect him to Win the game for his team. Well that didnt happen at least his INT wasnt as bad as Favre's in the NFC Championship game!

Very true - one almost expects favre to throw a dumb pick at the end of or throughout playoff games. I think most people expected to see Manning lead them to a TD on that drive last night and either the Saints answer with a quick drive to win it or for the game to go to OT. A pick 6 in that situation was completely unexpected to most I think. It was a great play by Porter though - he really read it well and made a great jump on the ball - but Peyton threw a bad, lazy pass too. It was shocking to say the least. :icon_eek:

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I liked about the win last night was a TEAM won, not a QB. I think the Colts played conservative and placed the win or loss solely on Peyton. Players on defense and special teams won that game for the Saints, not to mention the coach making some fantastic calls on the side line. Again the Saints TEAM is > Peyton choking.

Drew play a fantastic game, but that field goal kicker (how many did he make over 45 yards), the on-side kick, and the defensive INTs won the game in a true team effort.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Although Manning HAS been part of a SB champion, in a comparison of eras, Brady is looking a lot like Joe Montana to Manning's Dan Marino.

Put Marino on the 49ers and I think he would have won several Super Bowls. Joe Montana and Tom Brady have both been fortunate to play the BEST all around teams of their eras. The 49ers and Patriots were dominate in every aspect of the game and good quarterback play propelled them to greatness. That being said, I think Peyton Manning is better qb than Tom Brady and I think Dan Marino was better than Montana. Thats tough for me to say, because I went to Notre Dame and I love Joe Montana.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Like everyone else said, you aren't looking hard enough. Sportscenter doesn't seem to be critical of Manning, focusing more on, you know, the team that just won the Super Bowl and one of the best stories in sports in the last 5 or so years. But, NFLN, everywhere else, Manning's getting it pretty good.

The focus should be on the Saints today. If people want to bash Manning's throw, he certainly deserves it because it was bad (also should be bashing Reggie Wayne for being really slow coming out of his break, they both deserve some criticism), but the Saints won the Super Bowl. The city of New Orleans won the Super Bowl. That's a far more compelling story than Manning, and I think that's why you aren't hearing a ton about it from Sportscenter.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Put Marino on the 49ers and I think he would have won several Super Bowls. Joe Montana and Tom Brady have both been fortunate to play the BEST all around teams of their eras. The 49ers and Patriots were dominate in every aspect of the game and good quarterback play propelled them to greatness. That being said, I think Peyton Manning is better qb than Tom Brady and I think Dan Marino was better than Montana. Thats tough for me to say, because I went to Notre Dame and I love Joe Montana.

But this is an argument that you can only make in speculation because the history is written. Montana 4-0 in SBs, Marino 0-1.

Nobody said it was fair but it is fact and is a big part of how history will judge these two QBs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Clay's jock..

Could you do me a favor?

Not use the turd polishers, or the other derogatory words so much? We get you hate Brett ( yes it is Brett not Brit, Brent, Brat) but to use it as much as you do takes away from your posts..Might not take you as serious if your ALWAYS using 4th grader name calling

Just an opinion I wanted to express

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Clay's jock..

Could you do me a favor?

Not use the turd polishers, or the other derogatory words so much? We get you hate Brett ( yes it is Brett not Brit, Brent, Brat) but to use it as much as you do takes away from your posts..Might not take you as serious if your ALWAYS using 4th grader name calling

Just an opinion I wanted to express

If it is just a favor then no - I'll do what I want. If it is mandatory then fine. BTW, I don't "hate" Brett - I love the Packers and don't appreciate how he wiped his *** on the organization on the way out the door. But hey, you go ahead and act like you understand my feelings when you don't mr SUPERMOD.

Whatever. BTW, thanks for the public flogging rather than expressing yourself in a PM. That would make me take YOU much more seriously instead of just thinking you like to call people out in public to thump your chest.