Week 9 Sunday late game at Kansas City (Pregame and after game thread)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I can't see Rodgers hanging up his cleats, he loves the game too much, as well as the limelight. He knows once he hangs it up, while he will forever have gigs, commercials, etc., none of that will be the same as what playing in the NFL does for him.

Now if he and Shailene start a family, then who knows. I still think he can play at a high level for several years and I think he knows that. He probably has his eyes on some records that he can smash, as well as that desire to keep playing and winning.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I do think if Aaron wants out of GB, if he has his way, he will go to a situation similar to what Tom Brady landed in, a team that just needs a QB to be a SB contender. I doubt the Packers would want that to be an NFC team, so keep your eyes on AFC teams that fit that need.

I hope he stays put in Green Bay until he is ready to retire, if not, lets at least get some trade value for him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still of the belief he has zero intentions of playing anywhere else. If he's not in GB next year it's because he'll be retired.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this the Chiefs thread? I'm lost.... :D

I feel good about our chances against Kansas City's defense. They are bad. Much like the Packers, the Chiefs have a top QB and amazing players at the skill positions. Even if they aren't playing well now, all it takes is the flip of a switch for them to play great. That concerns me.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree, the Chiefs are somewhat of a sleeping giant and better than their 3-4 record would have you think. While their defense isn't very good, they have a lot of talent. Their offense is very good, but has been plagued by turnovers. The Chiefs have 17 giveaways, five more than any other team. Mahomes is tied for the league lead with nine interceptions. So if they clean that up and get their offense moving, it could be a shootout. Packers defense needs to study what works to contain Mahomes, no big plays and keep him in the pocket. Other teams are doing that and forcing him to sustain long drives, that hasn't worked for the Chiefs. This stat is pretty telling.

Chiefs' rank in explosive play (gains of at least 20 yards pass) over the last few years:

2021: 27th
2020: 2nd
2019: 7th
2018: 1st

I expect the Chiefs to bounce back and dominate the Giants tonight, if that happens, their confidence will be much higher next Sunday. At least the Packers had a mini bye and the Chiefs will have a shorter week to prepare and heal up.

Also, keep in mind the Chiefs 4 losses have come against 4 decent teams (Titans, Charges, Bills, Ravens). Their combined records are 20-9.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think like Favre, he wont be happy until he stuffs it to the front office in a different uniform. He proved with Jennings he`s capable of carrying a grudge, and there is no better way to do it. I`m not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think like Favre, he wont be happy until he stuffs it to the front office in a different uniform. He proved with Jennings he`s capable of carrying a grudge, and there is no better way to do it. I`m not trying to be negative, just realistic.
I think had Rodgers been traded this year, that vengeance would be a roaring inferno. I think the fires have calmed a bit since. So yes, he is a competitor and like most people, would savior a big win against his former team. However, if he is traded, I doubt it will be to a team in the NFC, but yes, like Favre, he could be back and playing for the Vikings the following season.

I have no clue how the Packers are going to afford Rodgers, Adams and several other players next season, so him being traded out of GB, might also be part of a cap move.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what happens in the game tonight. The Chiefs have not looked good this year. They decided to keep their offensive players together and let their defense crumble. The idea was to just outscore opponents. Problem is, there defense has been so bad that the offense is pressing to just score points and turning the ball over. Right now the defense is giving up 29 points per game. They basically have to score at least 30 points a week to win, which is possible with the offensive weapons they have. It is still a lot to ask week in and week out though.

Reaction score
I don't think many people doubted what Aaron Rodgers could do on the field, he was coming off an MVP season for pete's sake. I think most peoples beef with him was how he behaved this off season. I didn't like what he did and still don't like it, but I do like what he is doing on the field. By about week 3, he crushed my fear that he might be a lame duck QB and only be half in. That said, I do understand those who were fed up with him and done and those who feel he was just sticking up for himself and his teammates.

He appears to be having success and fun with this group, so who knows, he may be back for another season. If he is, I hope that decision is made immediately after the season, hopefully after a Packer Lombardi is brought home. I really don't want another offseason that is dominated by "will Rodgers be back, traded or sit out?", that really wasn't fun for any Packer fan.
Absolutely. I’m personally 100% ok with Aaron making mistakes, after all it doesn’t matter how much $$ he makes, he’s still human. I see just a ordinary man that is maturing through difficulty and my hope is that he learns from these situations.

My prayer I’m lifting is for both parties to recognize the truth is often somewhere in between. If there is a chance we get him to do an extension at a reasonable contract (none of this record breaking contract stuff) that’s good for both parties then so be it.
Otherwise, like you said, let’s make a clean break without the antics

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm interested to see what happens in the game tonight. The Chiefs have not looked good this year. They decided to keep their offensive players together and let their defense crumble. The idea was to just outscore opponents. Problem is, there defense has been so bad that the offense is pressing to just score points and turning the ball over. Right now the defense is giving up 29 points per game. They basically have to score at least 30 points a week to win, which is possible with the offensive weapons they have. It is still a lot to ask week in and week out though.
As we have seen with the Packers, one can feed off the other. If the offense plays better, the defense is out there less and plays better and vice versa. While I don't know their team well, what I read says they should be performing better on defense and definitely better on offense. I just hope we aren't the team that gets to see that light switch finally turned back on.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
As we have seen with the Packers, one can feed off the other. If the offense plays better, the defense is out there less and plays better and vice versa. While I don't know their team well, what I read says they should be performing better on defense and definitely better on offense. I just hope we aren't the team that gets to see that light switch finally turned back on.
I want to see what they look like tonight against a bad Giants team and then see what their stats look like. Get the eyeball test and then what it says on paper. I don't think that after eight weeks a team can just flip a switch. I don't think it is that easy. Through seven games they are one of the worst defensive teams. The teams that rank below their defense are the Jags, Jets, WFT, Fins, Texans and Lions. That's with an extra week of data even. I've said this before, they're just not good. The offense also has eleven turnovers, so at least one a game. If the Packers can control the ball and not turn it over like they did against the Cards I think this is another W.

Packers 31 Chiefs 28

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Both MVS and Lazard back at practice today. Sounds like Davante and Joe Berry are expected back on Thursday. Things are trending upwards for Packer health!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only worry I have is this D sleeping and peanut vendors running out of peanuts late in the game.

Reaction score
Both MVS and Lazard back at practice today. Sounds like Davante and Joe Berry are expected back on Thursday. Things are trending upwards for Packer health!
Its great news.
I’ll expect Lazard to continue to get a decent snap count with some more 4 WR sets to help compensate for the loss of Tonyan. Tonyan’s absence will mainly be felt in the Receiving area as his blocking was not his strength

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Its great news.
I’ll expect Lazard to continue to get a decent snap count with some more 4 WR sets to help compensate for the loss of Tonyan. Tonyan’s absence will mainly be felt in the Receiving area as his blocking was not his strength.
I think Marcedes will have a few more passes come his way, as will Deguara.

I did like Rodgers and Marcedes Halloween Costume but Myles Garrett takes the Prize with his Grim Reaper outfit and all the names of the QB's he has sacked on the back of it. Let's hope come 12/25, Rodgers name doesn't get added.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Attachments

• FDCj1cOXMAcIo3R-e1635725764705-420x236.jpg
    FDCj1cOXMAcIo3R-e1635725764705-420x236.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 96

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did the female reporter really ask Garrett what he called his costume?

Reaction score
I think Marcedes will have a few more passes come his way, as will Deguara.

I did like Rodgers and Marcedes Halloween Costume but Myles Garrett takes the Prize with his Grim Reaper outfit and all the names of the QB's he has sacked on the back of it. Let's hope come 12/25, Rodgers name doesn't get added.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
No. That wouldn’t be good.
Let’s hope Myles doesn’t club Aaron with his own helmet and say “he got home for Christmas.. We can count on him”

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No. That wouldn’t be good.
Let’s hope Myles doesn’t club Aaron with his own helmet.
I wish we had Myles on our defense, we could use just a little bit more nasty. I still can't believe how much talent the Browns have and really how little they do with it. I watched some of their game yesterday and it was like they just wanted to find ways to lose. I think what they say about a losing culture is hard to shake out of is true. Almost the same thing in Detroit, except they really don't seem to get very good players. Stafford was always good in my book. Good for 6-7 wins a year, he just had no support.

Reaction score
I wish we had Myles on our defense, we could use just a little bit more nasty. I still can't believe how much talent the Browns have and really how little they do with it. I watched some of their game yesterday and it was like they just wanted to find ways to lose. I think what they say about a losing culture is hard to shake out of is true. Almost the same thing in Detroit, except they really don't seem to get very good players. Stafford was always good in my book. Good for 6-7 wins a year, he just had no support.
Oh I know I’m just being sarcastic,

Our Z is pretty darn good and I love his demeanor. He has an infectious smile.
I love our LB group.. pretty impressive. Even Barnes is ok. If we had either Myles or similar added to our Defense and Z and J’aire both got back healthy? it would be almost unfair.

Right now, we’ve got to get this O cranking. We’ve averaged 24 points per game for the last 5 contests. It’s time to bring it up a notch.

Last edited: