Week 9 Sunday late game at Kansas City (Pregame and after game thread)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't think many people doubted what Aaron Rodgers could do on the field, he was coming off an MVP season for pete's sake. I think most peoples beef with him was how he behaved this off season. I didn't like what he did and still don't like it, but I do like what he is doing on the field. By about week 3, he crushed my fear that he might be a lame duck QB and only be half in. That said, I do understand those who were fed up with him and done and those who feel he was just sticking up for himself and his teammates.

He appears to be having success and fun with this group, so who knows, he may be back for another season. If he is, I hope that decision is made immediately after the season, hopefully after a Packer Lombardi is brought home. I really don't want another offseason that is dominated by "will Rodgers be back, traded or sit out?", that really wasn't fun for any Packer fan.
At the end of the day, what did he do this offseason that was so bad?

A story got out, he claims he didn't want it to get out (could be true, could be a lie). But he kept his mouth shut, never said a word. He could've aired out a whole lot of dirty laundry to the public and really made it a huge spectacle. But silence to me was the best route.

He could've come out and said everything was roses and sunshine, but that would've been a lie.

At the end of the day, he says he wasn't responsible for the story getting out. And there's no way to know one way or the other.

What I do know though? He skipped voluntary OTA's. In fairness, he also skipped a mandatory mini camp (less than a week's worth of commitment). But he showed up for training camp, said he was going to be 100% all in, many Packers fans doubted him, and now his team has won 7 straight games and is at the top of the conference and 3+ games up in the division.

But I fail to see what "behavior" he exhibited that was so bad.

Listening to his press conference after the first training camp practice, it's kind of hard to find fault with any of the issues he brought up.

And I'm not including you in this, PB. Because I don't believe you share this thought. But MANY are so disappointed that he's been on his best behavior since coming back and leading his team to the best record in the league. They wanted so badly to be right about Rodgers wanting to sabotage the Packers that they can't even enjoy the success.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Man I'm so torn on this game right now with the Chiefs and Giants.

Nothing would please me more than for the Chiefs to lose AGAIN. But I also don't want them to be too desperate and pissed off to the point that they take it all out on the Packers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

A story got out, he claims he didn't want it to get out (could be true, could be a lie). But he kept his mouth shut, never said a word. He could've aired out a whole lot of dirty laundry to the public and really made it a huge spectacle. But silence to me was the best route.

He could've come out and said everything was roses and sunshine, but that would've been a lie.

At the end of the day, he says he wasn't responsible for the story getting out. And there's no way to know one way or the other.

What I do know though? He skipped voluntary OTA's. In fairness, he also skipped a mandatory mini camp (less than a week's worth of commitment). But he showed up for training camp, said he was going to be 100% all in, many Packers fans doubted him, and now his team has won 7 straight games and is at the top of the conference and 3+ games up in the division.

But I fail to see what "behavior" he exhibited that was so bad.

Listening to his press conference after the first training camp practice, it's kind of hard to find fault with any of the issues he brought up.

And I'm not including you in this, PB. Because I don't believe you share this thought. But MANY are so disappointed that he's been on his best behavior since coming back and leading his team to the best record in the league. They wanted so badly to be right about Rodgers wanting to sabotage the Packers that they can't even enjoy the success.
For me it was his complete silence, yet fanning the flames with things like him and Adams tweeting "Last Dance." He was being cryptic, because he enjoyed the game, the attention. He could have put this all to rest earlier and it's going to be hard to convince me that he didn't because he truly wanted to force a trade. People thinking he didn't want to be traded are fooling themselves. But at the end of the day, the Packers didn't flinch, nor did he. Somethings were resolved, somethings weren't. Like I said months ago, I was OK with the outcome, but I don't think it's over.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
For me it was his complete silence, yet fanning the flames with things like him and Adams tweeting "Last Dance." He was being cryptic, because he enjoyed the game, the attention. He could have put this all to rest earlier and it's going to be hard to convince me that he didn't because he truly wanted to force a trade. People thinking he didn't want to be traded are fooling themselves. But at the end of the day, the Packers didn't flinch, nor did he. Somethings were resolved, somethings weren't. Like I said months ago, I was OK with the outcome, but I don't think it's over.
I don't agree that he was trying to force a trade. I honestly believe that he would finish as a Packer if the organization were on board with it, but I don't think they've budged on that. If they would trade Love and recommit, and assure him he'd be a voice in the room, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

In my opinion, there's so much pride at stake from Gute. With the way Rodgers is looking right now, and the way that LaFleur's offense can protect him from some punishment, Rodgers would have another good 4 years left in him, in my opinion. And that would give the Packers another 4 years of being in SB contention.

But, they aren't going to do it. This is unfortunately the last season. And I think the reason Rodgers posted the stuff about the last dance is because he KNOWS it will be the last season. And not because of him. Because of the Packers.

He wasn't going to put it to rest because there genuinely ARE some issues with the team. What was he going to do? Come out and say everything is fine? We want transparency from athletes until that transparency makes certain fans uncomfortable.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't agree that he was trying to force a trade. I honestly believe that he would finish as a Packer if the organization were on board with it, but I don't think they've budged on that. If they would trade Love and recommit, and assure him he'd be a voice in the room, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

In my opinion, there's so much pride at stake from Gute. With the way Rodgers is looking right now, and the way that LaFleur's offense can protect him from some punishment, Rodgers would have another good 4 years left in him, in my opinion. And that would give the Packers another 4 years of being in SB contention.

But, they aren't going to do it. This is unfortunately the last season. And I think the reason Rodgers posted the stuff about the last dance is because he KNOWS it will be the last season. And not because of him. Because of the Packers.

He wasn't going to put it to rest because there genuinely ARE some issues with the team. What was he going to do? Come out and say everything is fine? We want transparency from athletes until that transparency makes certain fans uncomfortable.
Again, simply timing for me. Everything he "came clean" on about what upset him with the organization was old news for him. He waited until the last possible second to finally show his hand. It was that or sit out and not get paid, as well as be fined.

I also think his whole "you don't want me because you drafted Love", is overplayed, probably more by the media and fans, but still Rodgers acted hurt. Why the heck would the Packers move on from Rodgers, with a complete unknown and still yet to prove much about himself guy like Love? Rodgers knew and still knows he's 10 times better than Love. Love was insurance at a low risk price, grow a pair Aaron and know that the job is yours until it doesn't make good business sense.

The other thing that's hard for me is Rodgers playing the emotions card as team martyr. These guys are paid millions of dollars to do a job, him feeling bad about Jordy and Jake not being kept around because they are like family isn't him being honest with himself that it's a billion dollar business, that makes popular and unpopular personnel decisions, but they have been pretty good at it for years.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Again, simply timing for me. Everything he "came clean" on about what upset him with the organization was old news for him. He waited until the last possible second to finally show his hand. It was that or sit out and not get paid, as well as be fined.

I also think his whole "you don't want me because you drafted Love", is overplayed, probably more by the media and fans, but still Rodgers acted hurt. Why the heck would the Packers move on from Rodgers, with a complete unknown and still yet to prove much about himself guy like Love? Rodgers knew and still knows he's 10 times better than Love. Love was insurance at a low risk price, grow a pair Aaron and know that the job is yours until it doesn't make good business sense.

The other thing that's hard for me is Rodgers playing the emotions card as team martyr. These guys are paid millions of dollars to do a job, him feeling bad about Jordy and Jake not being kept around because they are like family isn't him being honest with himself that it's a billion dollar business, that makes popular and unpopular personnel decisions, but they have been pretty good at it for years.
This whole "grow a pair" rhetoric just shows how emotional and irrational some have acted toward the Rodgers situation. The "ability to be objective" ship has long sailed unfortunately. Can't even be level headed about it at this point.

He literally said it had nothing to do with Jordan Love. It's fine if your opinion is that it did have something to do with it, but your post suggests that he implied that it was in fact about the draft selection which is without foundation.

If you really think it was about Jordan Love, what better way to "grow a pair" than to go out and win the MF'ing MVP of the league. I'd say that's the kind of response that shows you have a set on you.

Old news isn't him going to the team and saying he wanted to have a voice in the room. Old news isn't him claiming that the team wouldn't commit to him beyond the 2021 season after winning the MVP. You're selectively using puzzle pieces that fit your narrative.

I promise if you would put yourself in Rodgers' situation, you wouldn't want to work for an employer that only guaranteed you a single more year of employment after winning employee of the year. But because "they make millions I have no sympathy", somehow it's immaterial.

Telling another man to grow a pair when he's arguably doing his particular job better than any other human being on the planet is interesting though.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we don't screw up with penalties and turnovers we should win this week. The Chiefs look listless and disorganized. A real mess, frankly. Let's hope they stay this way for another week. If we get Adams, Lazard and Bak back we will move the ball and score on this team.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should run the ball like they did in Arizona. Eat up the clock and keep #15 on the sidelines as much as possible. I think they will also look at the Bills tape game from like 3 weeks ago.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mahomes threw 15 passes behind the line of scrimmage and completed them all. The Giants took away Hill & Kelce downfield so Mahomes was left to dump-off, regularly. Hope Barry, Smith & Gray can figure out how to lock down the deep throws AND cover Hill, Hardman & their RB's short. Last night's game was exactly what GB needed... Chiefs won removing their desperation, but they still played like crap & kept their tendency for turnovers alive.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Mahomes threw 15 passes behind the line of scrimmage and completed them all. The Giants took away Hill & Kelce downfield so Mahomes was left to dump-off, regularly. Hope Barry, Smith & Gray can figure out how to lock down the deep throws AND cover Hill, Hardman & their RB's short. Last night's game was exactly what GB needed... Chiefs won removing their desperation, but they still played like crap & kept their tendency for turnovers alive.
Couldn't agree more. Lulled them into a false sense of security.

I'm loving the Packers off of 10 days rest vs the delusional Chiefs off of 6 days rest. I honestly believe that Mahomes going against Rodgers will want to try to show boat a little bit, but I think Rodgers at this stage of his career is more than willing to just take what is presented to him.

Just wish Jaire was available to deal with Hill.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score

I'm curious about the beginning of the day. What's going on there?

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think many people doubted what Aaron Rodgers could do on the field, he was coming off an MVP season for pete's sake. I think most peoples beef with him was how he behaved this off season. I didn't like what he did and still don't like it, but I do like what he is doing on the field. By about week 3, he crushed my fear that he might be a lame duck QB and only be half in. That said, I do understand those who were fed up with him and done and those who feel he was just sticking up for himself and his teammates.

He appears to be having success and fun with this group, so who knows, he may be back for another season. If he is, I hope that decision is made immediately after the season, hopefully after a Packer Lombardi is brought home. I really don't want another offseason that is dominated by "will Rodgers be back, traded or sit out?", that really wasn't fun for any Packer fan.
I have been one of the packer fans who have criticized Aaron's body language, gestures and attitude over the last few years. When I initially heard the news of him seeking a trade, I wasn't surprised and therefore not mad. It was precisely the prima donna move I felt he was capable of doing.

However, after he returned and talked to the media to explain his side of the story, I couldn't help but think that the points he mentioned were bugging him for all these years, and it just all culminated in him not being happy with the organisation. For me, it all came together and I could really see where is coming from. I felt like I started to understand Arod on a level that I didnt before for all these years when you could clearly see him frustrated on the field when things didnt go our way.

Sure, Aaron will never really be a high character guy, who rallies the troops against all odds whenever we are with our backs against the wall. And Im sure he will still be more likely to lash out on someone else on the field instead of taking the full responsibility whenever objectively he kind of is to blame. I really wish he could be those things because to me, those are the characteristics of a real leader. But the points he made in terms of veteran contracts being offered and player acquisitions were completely fair, and he def deserves at least his voice to be heard (if only to be completely ignored) and to be part of the recruitment process.

Krabs

Reaction score
First off, and don't get me wrong, I've got off topic too, but we have an Aaron Rodgers performance thread. Can we use that to talk about Rodgers? Just asking for @realitybytez friend.

Both MVS and Lazard back at practice today. Sounds like Davante and Joe Berry are expected back on Thursday. Things are trending upwards for Packer health!
It's crazy to say this but our WRs essentially got a buy week to rest up and we still managed to beat the #1 team in the league. Sounds like we should get them all back and against a pretty bad Chiefs defense. Use this week of practice to get back on the same page, gel a bit, and take it to them. I mean, if Daniel Jones can toss two TDs I'm guessing Rodgers can at least do that.

Also, I wasn't super impressed by the Chiefs offense. Mahomes went into the game saying he needed to quit forcing the long ball and just take what the defense was giving him. There were a lot of dump offs and I can live with that. They only scored twenty points against against a defense that was ranked in the bottom ten of the league and giving up around 25 points per game. In theory, they should have lit them up, but they didn't.

It's the NFL and it is any given Sunday. However, I'm liking the Packers chances here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, Aaron will never really be a high character guy, who rallies the troops against all odds whenever we are with our backs against the wall.
I think he's one of the hardest working players ever in the history of the NFL. I think he's honest, I think he has incredible focus to preparation and to the game. I think he pulls together a bunch of teams that probably don't have any business going deep into the post season and brings them with him and has done it multiple times over the years. ETA Those are all characteristics of high character

he may not have won all of them, but he certainly was a deciding factor in more than I care to sit back and count. heck, just Dallas a couple years ago in the playoffs. You don't think they rallied around their QB?

Last edited:

Krabs

Reaction score
I think he's one of the hardest working players ever in the history of the NFL. I think he's honest, I think he has incredible focus to preparation and to the game. I think he pulls together a bunch of teams that probably don't have any business going deep into the post season and brings them with him and has done it multiple times over the years.

he may not have won all of them, but he certainly was a deciding factor in more than I care to sit back and count. heck, just Dallas a couple years ago in the playoffs. You don't think they rallied around their QB?
How about those Chiefs?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of KC games and they don't look that great, anymore. Mahomes looks "slow" and I think is still playing a bit injured (just my $.02). I think the keys to winning Sunday are:
- Take away Hill & Kelce deep/across the middle.
- Keep Mahomes in the pocket w/ pressure all around him. He appears to give up on plays if they're not there thinking that he'll have more chances.
- Packer offense needs to do as against AZ, long, methodical drives ending in scores. With fewer offensive chances I think Mahomes will try to force more plays leading to INT's or fumbles.
- Protect the flats for the inevitable dump-off passes to Hardman, Hill (out of the backfield) and the RB leaking out. Hill and Hardman are LIGHTNING FAST if we allow them to catch & head upfield.
- Loved how Campbell, against AZ, "spied" on Murray & kept him from scrambling... this will help keep Mahomes feeling pressured & removing the scramble from his options.
- With Chris Jones back the Chief's D regularly crashed the pocket so AR can't think he'll have a clean pocket or more than 2-2.5 seconds all night. AR needs to get the ball out of his hands and into the WR or RB's. Chiefs DB's suck & will grab if beaten so I envision PI's if the receivers run crisp routes.

The Giants were able to pressure Mahomes with front 4, allowing for the other 7 to take-away his weapons. Can GB contain AND put pressure on him with 5?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it sounds like AZ and KC are a bit similar on both sides of the ball? Mobile QB, decent weapons on offense. On defense, a front that will try to keep Rodgers under pressure all night. So coming off a game with AZ and preparing for KC, should be somewhat similar.

We may have Melvin Ingram to deal with. Sounds like the Steelers just traded him to the Chiefs for a 6th.

Krabs

Reaction score
haven't watched a single game of theirs this year, what about them? i'll have more say after I watch them
I was just being sarcastic trying to get us to talk about the thread topic and not Aaron Rodger's performance.

Members online

Latest posts