Week 9: Packers in New England

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You guys still stand by this?
I'll freely admit that the Patriots played a much better defensive game than I thought it would. Whatever the Patriots may lack in talent they certainly make up for it schematically.

H

HardRightEdge

Montana will always be in any conversation I have about GOAT. He played under a different set of rules than Brady and Rodgers do.
That's for you and me.

When the broadcast showed those goats dressed up in Brady and Rodgers tee shirts it was a new low for hype. Where were the Otto Graham, Johnny Unitus, Joe Montan or Peyton Manning goats in that pen? You might as well put Brees in the pen as well. 10 or 15 years from now some other matchup among the current young hot shots will be equally hyped with these current names pushed back in the shadows.

Otto who? :confused: Besides the obvious elements of the resume, it was interesting to note the graphic during the broadcast indicating he holds the best record in head-to-head against other HOF QBs at 9-2.

The question of who is the GOAT cannot be answered. But it is surely something people get excited about even if they shouldn't.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The patriots play the worst division in all of football if not second worst they have it easy every flipping year!!! They get a bye and homefield all the time.. sorry *** teams in there divisions sorry *** qbs name the best qb Brady has faced over the last decade!!! In all all honesty Mark Sanchez beat him twice... like seriously.... they look good when they play sheeeeeet teams yeah I ain’t saying they are bad or not a good coached team but when ur pretty much guaranteed 5-6 division wins every year they have a extremely good chance winning 5-6 games out of the other 10 games... smh

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. NE has a mediocre defense. That didn't stop them from winning last year's Super Bowl and it may not stop them this time.

I would say that it's slightly better than mediocre overall, with the secondary being elite. But you're right, we don't need to have the best defense in the league to win a SB when we've got the GOAT QB.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The patriots play the worst division in all of football if not second worst they have it easy every flipping year!!! They get a bye and homefield all the time.. sorry *** teams in there divisions sorry *** qbs name the best qb Brady has faced over the last decade!!! In all all honesty Mark Sanchez beat him twice... like seriously.... they look good when they play sheeeeeet teams yeah I ain’t saying they are bad or not a good coached team but when ur pretty much guaranteed 5-6 division wins every year they have a extremely good chance winning 5-6 games out of the other 10 games... smh

With Brady at QB...

Winning % vs AFC East: 80%

Winning % vs all other divisions: 76%

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/splits/

Conclusion: the Patriots dominate everyone, including teams outside of their division.

ThePatriotWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lmao. So how come they are in the Superbowl every other year? By your logic they should be going one-and-done in the playoffs every year. Anymore excuses, little fella?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lmao. So how come they are in the Superbowl every other year? By your logic they should be going one-and-done in the playoffs every year. Anymore excuses, little fella?
Nobody likes someone who just comes here to gloat.

We got beat, now go enjoy your victory

ThePatriotWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody likes someone who just comes here to gloat.

We got beat, now go enjoy your victory

Not gloating. Beating a 3-3 Packers team isn't really anything to gloat about. I just quoted a lame post full of butthurt excuses. I found it hilarious.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I have the ultimate respect for the Patriots and what they have done. But that doesn't mean we cannot acknowledge that they have played in a dumpster fire division for a very long time. It isn't the reason for their success, but it has definitely helped facilitate in compiling 12-14 win seasons. When you play 6 guaranteed games a year against teams that have no quarterback, it does make the road easier.

It's very important for the Patriots to get that 1st round bye because of the coaching advantage. It's the same with Nick Saban, only he normally has a month to prepare for bowl/playoff games. Give Belichick two weeks to prepare for the divisional game, and pair that with Tom Brady, it's almost unfair the advantage they have on other teams.

In my opinion, that's why they appear in so many AFC Championship games year after year. Again, it's a testament to Belichick and Brady's insane consistency, but if there were a couple of legit opponents in that division that could have maybe hung another loss or two on them in some of these seasons, sometimes that's the difference in a 1st round bye and having to play in the wild card round. It's an extremely small sample size, but in the three seasons that the Patriots have had to play the wild card round, they haven't played in the Super Bowl.

Again, the Patriots are great. But it has been a perfect storm of a bunch of elements aligning near perfectly to help facilitate to their success.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you've already won, what needs defending? unless you feel insecure about something?

ThePatriotWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the ultimate respect for the Patriots and what they have done. But that doesn't mean we cannot acknowledge that they have played in a dumpster fire division for a very long time. It isn't the reason for their success, but it has definitely helped facilitate in compiling 12-14 win seasons. When you play 6 guaranteed games a year against teams that have no quarterback, it does make the road easier.

It's very important for the Patriots to get that 1st round bye because of the coaching advantage. It's the same with Nick Saban, only he normally has a month to prepare for bowl/playoff games. Give Belichick two weeks to prepare for the divisional game, and pair that with Tom Brady, it's almost unfair the advantage they have on other teams.

In my opinion, that's why they appear in so many AFC Championship games year after year. Again, it's a testament to Belichick and Brady's insane consistency, but if there were a couple of legit opponents in that division that could have maybe hung another loss or two on them in some of these seasons, sometimes that's the difference in a 1st round bye and having to play in the wild card round. It's an extremely small sample size, but in the three seasons that the Patriots have had to play the wild card round, they haven't played in the Super Bowl.

Again, the Patriots are great. But it has been a perfect storm of a bunch of elements aligning near perfectly to help facilitate to their success.

How have they won 8 AFC Championship games and 5 Superbowls in 17 years then? The other 3 AFC East teams had ZERO to do with that. The Jets even knocked them out of the playoffs in 2010. But did the AFC East teams contribute to the Patriots beating the Legion of Boom? Or coming back from 28 to 3 to beat Atlanta?

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If only Brady got to play in the NFC North, where his winning % is 84%, as opposed to the AFC East, where his winning % is 80%. Imagine how much greater he could have been.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For sure, but they still gotta win those playoff games though, which generally, they do. As opposed to peeing down their legs against ATL, having to rely on a hail mary before peeing down their legs in OT against AZ, and peeing down their legs at the end of a game vs. SEA. Not to mention getting smacked around in 2 games in years prior to that.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
How have they won 8 AFC Championship games and 5 Superbowls in 17 years then? The other 3 AFC East teams had ZERO to do with that. The Jets even knocked them out of the playoffs in 2010. But did the AFC East teams contribute to the Patriots beating the Legion of Boom? Or coming back from 28 to 3 to beat Atlanta?
You're failing to understand basic English. Re-read my post and try again. Only this time don't get all butt hurt like you're accusing some Packers fans of doing.

ThePatriotWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're failing to understand basic English. Re-read my post and try again. Only this time don't get all butt hurt like you're accusing some Packers fans of doing.

Please tell me what the other AFC East teams have to do with the Patriots dominating the Packers last night? Lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please tell me what the other AFC East teams have to do with the Patriots dominating the Packers last night? Lol
Like I told everyone a few posts ago LOL

anyway, nobody likes a gloat'er. Enjoy your win. Move along. Coming back just to gloat is not a good look. It won't take you far in life. Trust me.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And lets not pretend, prior to last year, that the NFC North was full of world beaters. If memory serves we swept the division at least once in years prior.