Week 4 Bring On The Eagles

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My game prediction.

Everyone is pointing to the Eagle being desperate as a cause for the Packers to be concerned. I am going to twist it and say it is the Eagles who should be concerned about a certain Packer player and a Packer unit that my be equally if not more desperate to prove themselves. This would be Aaron Rodgers and the Packer Offense. The Packers all know they have to travel to Dallas next week and tonight being a home game on National TV, Rodgers and the offense comes out focused and lights up the Eagles battered secondary.

By the end of this game, I will be eating my words about the Packer receiving group not being that good. :D

Packers 38
Eagles 17

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't see how anyone, including the Packers, can see this as a trap game. phi's D may not be what it was but the Packers' O can barely put a drive together. on the opposite side phi's O IS scary. they'd have won last week had they not had 7-8 drops. you know that was a priority in their practices this week. wentz is a stud. any Packers player thinking they've got an easy one tonight needs suspended.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm taking my brother in law to the game, he's an Eagles fan. I hope he has a miserable time.

The Eagles have a lot of talent on that team, neither of these teams is as good as they're going to be in November and both are capable of playing much better than they have.
Should be a good game, but with so much inconsistency in the beginning of the year and exhibited by both teams it's tough to call. Of course I think we should and will win. I think our defense will give up yards but contain points and create turnovers again. If our offense sputters it will be closer obviously, if they find they're groove this could get blown open.

There is nothing better than your brother-in-law having an awful time.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little concerned about this one, especially if Z can't go. I'll go with the Packers 27 -17, but again, I won't be surprised if they lose.
Get the win, come out healthy, show improvement.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly has been stout against the run through 3. Passing game will need to step up tonight.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My game prediction.

Everyone is pointing to the Eagle being desperate as a cause for the Packers to be concerned. I am going to twist it and say it is the Eagles who should be concerned about a certain Packer player and a Packer unit that my be equally if not more desperate to prove themselves. This would be Aaron Rodgers and the Packer Offense. The Packers all know they have to travel to Dallas next week and tonight being a home game on National TV, Rodgers and the offense comes out focused and lights up the Eagles battered secondary.

By the end of this game, I will be eating my words about the Packer receiving group not being that good. :D

Packers 38
Eagles 17

Well now we all know who to blame if we get jinxed.

In all seriousness though, while I do buy that the Eagles could be desperate to get the win to keep up with Dallas, or perhaps to feel they have something to prove, that does not always equal good results on the field. For example:

Get too desperate as a QB and you might attempt throws you shouldn't and put it up in the mits of the awaiting defender. Or as a RB/WR, you might try and pick up too many yards and end up putting the ball on the ground. Or even as a HC, you might attempt to go for a 4th and 5 situation or something when you should have kicked the FG.

I guess I just feel that right now our guys are going to play their game, and if Philly isn't careful about the kind of gambles they might take, they could backfire badly on them.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will need to match their intensity. They are pretty much in a must win situation. They will be treating it like a playoff game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Za’Darius Smith is active.

Packers inactives are the exact same as this past Sunday against Denver.

Eagles inactives:

Nate Sudfeld
DeSean Jackson
Ronald Darby
Shareef Miller
Nate Herbig
Matt Pryor
Tim Jernigan

Alshon Jeffery, Derek Barnett, Corey Clement are active.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same old paper mache OLine and D facing first real test is a draw so far. Martinez is AJ Hawk 2.0 makes the stop after a 5 yard gain. AR running for his life making plays.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer96, you’re not kidding.

Seeing big scheme issues stopping run game, stopping wide open TEs... hopefully they adjust to shut that down and Rodgers works magic again.

Anyone see our run blocking?

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham can't catch a cold, 1st and goal from the 1 we don't even attempt to run in 4 plays. If by some miracle we make the playoffs we're one and done.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The oline is horrific in the run game. Those 4 downs on the goal line should embarrass each of them. This offense will never be **** if we can’t run the damn ball

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Graham can't catch a cold, 1st and goal from the 1 we don't even attempt to run in 4 plays. If by some miracle we make the playoffs we're one and done.
Lol

U don't post during the 3 game winning streak..and minute they look bad your here..

It's your normal operating procedure.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not gloating, want a SB, and don't see it. How many YEARS have I said we need a roadgrader OLine? Same thing year after year, can't run the ball against any good teams.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
not gloating, want a SB, and don't see it. How many YEARS have I said we need a roadgrader OLine? Same thing year after year, can't run the ball against any good teams.
U don't post during winning streak..

Minute they suck your here..

Macho Man Savage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to get Tonyan more minutes. He needs to be on the field for at least 50% of the snaps. At this point Graham is just a big wide receiver with questionable hands.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda frustating to loose this game when the Offense was finally clicking. The run game was terrible tho. Packers lost the both line battles and it wasnt even close. MLF gave up too much 1st downs with the stubborn runs that went nowhere. He really should have seen this coming earlier. But on the goal line he doesnt call one run when the O had 6 plays there. The playcalling is really off and he needs to get this straight. I dont know why gotta mimic the Seahawks in the superbowl and throw the late interception. It was a similar situation and they do this, really stupid.

On defense the pass rush was nonexistent because they got dominated so hard by the Eagles Oline. The run defense was terrible again and the Eagles did not had a good rungame before this game. I am scared for next game against the Cowboys. TEs dominated the first half against our D. I am not sure why Pettine always had Redmond or Amos on them because that match-up wont work.

STs were bad. They gave the Eagles two extremly good field positions. Crosby is good on the field goals but his kick-offs are really bad.

Studs: King- had a really good day
Rodgers- first really good game by him. Too bad everything else was off, like the good old McCarthy times.

duds: run defense- no words for that
playcalling- killed the offense and cost us the game; MLF really needs to work on it
rungame- loosing Jamaal was hard but there has to come more to support AR; it worked later on but the eagles where in bend but dont break defense so that doesnt really count
refs- they were bad for both teams, PI-calls were terrible, the non-ejection was insane and many things more
injuries- thats why I hate TNF. I really hope that Bulaga,King and Adams have nothing serious

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much the opposite of what I and many were looking for. Holy F. Officials sucked majorly. Not an excuse. Truth. 1st big return Lazard, Vitale & Summers all were held. Some insane officiating.

Regardless, Run O, Run D, Pass Blocking, Pass Rush and STs all had issues.

MVS’s arms wrapped prior to ball getting there. Inside 2 min no challenge allowed. Clearly no review. Just super disappointed the NFL cannot figure out a simple official upstairs at every game to make the calls right. Teams shouldn’t have to challenge, but should be allowed challenges.

NFL officiating - again, not using as an excuse because Packers did plenty to lose - is a complete mess.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if this was not a game to start the FO looking to find a #2 WR, I do not know what it will take. When Adams was out the last few drives of the game, I would have rather a hurt Adams out there than the duds they had out there. Rodgers seems to not trust a soul outside of Adams. Graham should have caught at least one of those balls on that horrific goal line stand by the Eagles. It's like he forgot he has two hands the catch the ball with.

The Eagles were extremely efficient and earned that victory, and the Packers shot themselves in the foot so many times they deserved that loss. It all began with 2:38 left in the half and they try and draw the defense offsides instead of just using the 2minute warning as an extra time out. They were so content with having the ball and getting it to start the 2nd half. Typical extreme conservative Packers offense.

The officiating in this game was also terrible, though not the reason the Packers lost. I do not know the point in having PI being reviewed if they do not actually overturn anything. The MVS hand in the face is NOT DPI, what is? Then to have nothing called on the last play of the game when Rodgers through the pick....? Even the play on the Eagles in the 3rd I believe it was on Jeffrey that Pederson challenged, I was expecting that to be overturned with the way the officials were calling the game. I was against the challenging in the first place, but they're making it not even worth it to take a 2nd look.

It is going to be a long, sour 9 days before the next game.

Members online

Latest posts