Week 4 Bring On The Eagles

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amid all the complaining and ranting, things are better than I expected at this point. 3-0, and unless I missed something ... Injuries actually don't seem to be as bad as they've been in the past.

My concern about this game ... Philly may be coming into this game with a chip on their shoulder. They've lost two winnable games in a row, and commentators often say when you're trying to put games behind you, your best friend can be a short week. Bunch of drops, a few fumbles ... Yeah they might be out to prove something.

For us, we'll get to see how LaFleur approaches short weeks and gets em ready. Going to be another close one and hopefully one that the D can answer the bell on again.

At the beginning of the year, I picked the L on this one after the Bears one. Gladly saw it change on one, hope this one also ends up going the other way.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This is going to be a really tough game for the Packers. There’s some things to be positive about, like Rodgers being hit only 1 time today, there weren’t a ton of carries for the running backs so they should be reasonably fresh, and to me short weeks tend to favor the home team.

But Philly will be coming in hot under the collar. They’re 1-2 in a division with a 3-0 team. They know they can’t afford to go 1-3, so we’re going to get their best shot.

It’s going to be tough to run the ball against them. They’re really tough up front, but they can really be exploited on the backend. Their offensive line has good personnel, but they haven’t really performed up to par so far this season. Pressure on Wentz will be key.

To me, this is the most well rounded team we will have faced thus far. And clearly the best QB we will have faced. I think the offense is going to have to have its best game yet in order to win.

Before the season started, I had it figured as no better than 2-2 thru this game, yet there’s an opportunity to get to 4-0. Gonna be a lot of fun, but the guys will need a hell of a week of preparation to be ready.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to say it....Wentz is overrated, period. He hasn't won anything or marched them to high position since being injured, he is not mobile either. The Eagles are trending downward. If the pack can stop the run and pressure Wentz, it won't be close imho. But if our offense sputters and Graham is sent in to block we will have big issues. Got to start running circle routes out of the pro set offense. Gotta go play action pro set instead of the old tired shotgun single back every time we throw.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just not a fan of the Eagles, not sure why the media is hyping them up minus Foles. They lost to the Lions, enough said. 4-0

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm going to say it....Wentz is overrated, period. He hasn't won anything or marched them to high position since being injured, he is not mobile either. The Eagles are trending downward. If the pack can stop the run and pressure Wentz, it won't be close imho. But if our offense sputters and Graham is sent in to block we will have big issues. Got to start running circle routes out of the pro set offense. Gotta go play action pro set instead of the old tired shotgun single back every time we throw.
He might be overrated in your mind, but he can make throws that Mitch, Cousins, and Flacco cannot make consistently. This will be the toughest challenge yet.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

His playing style has at times put his health at risk, and obviously last year I don't think he was ever at 100℅. Today though, I'd say his players let him down with all those drops all over the place. Plus without Jeffrey and Jackson at WR, it only gets tougher from there.

All that to say this will be the biggest test yet, but so far we've been pleasantly surprised this season. Expectations can be exceeded yet again.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a part of the Philly Game. Wentz was awesome and won that game. his WR dropped a late pass right in his hands for the winning TD. They showed a montage of all the passes the WRs dropped.

Anyway, Packers 27 Iggles 23. The streak continues.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wentz isn't overrated. He has a huge arm, mobility and makes good decisions. The Eagles biggest weakness is their secondary. Their d line is tough so I see Aaron really airing it out Thursdsy night. Other than the KC game, Wentz may be the best qb the Packers face all season.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles got a good team and a very well balanced but their secondary is hurting right now.

If Rodgers isnt running for his life and we still cant throw against this secondary 4 weeks into the season it might be time to acknowledge a problem

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will you stop!?

No no no, if he stops then our win streak might stop lol. I already got nervous when he chickened out from picking Denver in the prediction contest thread lol.

Let him keep on and keep giving Rodgers bulletin board material

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'm going to say it....Wentz is overrated, period.

19/36, 259 yards (7.2 average), 2 TD, 0 INT, 94.6 passer rating and that's excluding 7 drops and having both first choice WRs out. Given propere weapons, he should not be underrated at all.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pettine should be concentrating on getting Jaire glued to Agholor. He makes mistakes when pressured and he's still their best wideout option. Containing him would put a big crimp on what Wentz can do.

Miles Sanders should be the wildcard to watch out, esp his pass catching ability.

Their pass rush is very underwhelming too, but our Offence needs to consistently put points in board.

I wonder why we have Graham on the field if we don't use him more.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could agree... but I can’t bring myself to say Wentz is overrated. Staying healthy has been his problem, but he throws a nice ball. As far as I know he is healthy and will provide quite a test for this new Packer pass defense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers are getting Philly at just the right time.

They're super banged up and have to travel on a short week.

So no excuses here.

Their top two tackles missed time against the Lions. Jeffery was out and may or may not be back. Desean Jackson is projected to be out. Goedert has missed time. Fletcher Cox is supposed to be a lesser version of himself coming off a 2018 injury. Malik Jackson is on IR. Timmy Jernigan is out.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Eagles defense has allowed 27, 27, and 24 points to the Lions, Redskins, and Falcons respectively-- three offenses that have not exactly been clicking. Hopefully this means some production for the Packers despite their lack of precision to start the season.

In their lone road game so far this season, the Eagles only managed 20 points against a pretty soft Atlanta defense.

That said, this offense will absolutely take advantage of the middle of the field with backs and tight ends, so the Packers had better sew this up.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in May in the W/L Breakdown thread, prior to the bye I thought they'd win against Denver, Detroit and Oakland, and said maybe squeak out a W against Minnesota, Philly and Carolina. So as a whole, they are already ahead of where I thought they would be in the W column.

I have the same feeling, I like that it is at home and I like that yesterday wasn't a full beatdown for Rodgers so the short week may be ok. I like they split up the defense a bit with the Smith's and Gary...I think we may see more from all 3 this week knowing they will have 10 days off after this. Rodgers will definitely be able to make things happen down field if he has the time and I hope the young guys are ready for it.

I fear what Ertz and Sanders do on those underneath routes. With their WR crew banged up, I have faith in our DBs to hold those guys in check. But the check down, underneath stuff that they may do with those guys, I can see Pack having a problem with.

Unless the offense grasps something that they haven't yet on this short week, I can see it being like all 3 games so far. Defense looking good, offense playing ok and each team has a chance to win at the end. Who is going to want it more? I think the Packers D will want it more.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
A few updates today.

Arcega-Whiteside and Jackson didn't practice today. Goedert and Jeffery were limited. Darby is added to the injury report with a hamstring and expected to miss time.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Injury Report
Did Not Participate
Limited Participation
Full Participation
Eagles Injury Report
Did Not Participate
Limited Participation
Full Participation

Latest posts