Week 2 - Time To Drop The Hammer On The Overrated Vikes

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man those Vikes are going to get a big *** rude awakening next week when they come here and we bust em up 38-10. They don't have the novelty offense factor that the Bears did, and even if Griffen, Joseph and Hunter are good, none of them have Mack's talents. I'm going to call a big huge Packer blowout win for several reasons:

1. 49er TEs were running crazy downfield but just dropping passes when they were thrown their way. We don't have any butterfingers (or paddlehands) on our team period, and Jimmy Graham will have his coming out party.

2. Kirk Cousins looked stupid out there and folds like a tent when you get in his face.

3. The Vikings luck has officially run out.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They play like they did last night and the Vikings will win by 30.

I don’t think so. I watched the game against the Niners and the Niners had several opportunities to still win that game even the Their offense did not put up a ton of yards. The Packers have a way better roster than the Niners...especially on offense. Like I mentioned beofore...if Jimmy G doesn’t throw a pick 6, and they don’t fumble the ball at the two yard line San Fran wins that game. Now what we can’t do is let the Vikings tee off on Rodgers who won’t be able to run around like he normally can. It’s important to use some scenes this game.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just hoping I don't read today that Rodgers has knee damage and is done for the year.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I had called BEFORE THE MACK ACQUISITION that the Bears would be a tough out. No I didn't predict the whole Rodgers dramatics and 20-0 deficit thing, but I figured they'd be surprising.

This is not the old tired Marc Trestman or John Fox Bears team we've been used to seeing. We didn't know what to expect from the new Matt Nagy system, and it is a work in progress that could be pretty good when complete. Trubisky looks a lot more comfortable as a QB and they got a few weapons on offense. And their defense even without Mack was already looking to be improved.

The Vikings do not have the surprise factor, and not only was Cousins very unimpressive, Cook got stuffed on his carries. The Niners OL was also beatup and no McKinnon and they still almost won.

This Viking team is not even going to come close to sniffing the NFCCG this year. I can bet $500 million on that and win big.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MANY people underestimated what one man could do on D. I keep thinking mack is going to run around some corner and come after me yelling, "da bears!" that's how scary it was seeing him the first half. so I will not underestimate what the vikings d can do as a TEAM. I will be humble in my opinion of what can happen this game. I will just say one team will win and one team will lose. :tup:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am guessing this is heavy sarcasm since the Vikings beat a 49ers team that isn't great by just 8 at home. The Vikings defense is great but if the Packers limit turnovers and make catches unlike Jimmy G and 49ers they will be right there.

I guess you could just be talking about the first half Packers from last night. But the second half Packers could definitely beat the Vikings

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You should be worried about whether or not your $140 million QB can walk today or practice this week rather than go around making boastful statements of how well your team will do next week. But that's just me.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should be worried about whether or not your $140 million QB can walk today or practice this week rather than go around making boastful statements of how well your team will do next week. But that's just me.

And you should be worried about how stupid your overrated defense looks trying to cover TEs troll.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll let you in on a little secret: anyone posting on this website doesn't actually play in the games. ;)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Now...with the above being said...
I'm just hoping I don't read today that Rodgers has knee damage and is done for the year.
I too am anxiously awaiting word from the Packers on the status of Rodgers. We aren't out of the woods yet.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Overreaction Monday is in full effect. The Vikings looked fine yesterday. They have an incredible defense, and unfortunately Cousins improved their offense. Saying the Vikings are overrated simply is not true. I love the optimism, however, aside from our defense and a triumphant Aaron Rodgers return, there is not much to be too confident going into next week. The secondary will be faced with Cousins, Diggs and Theilen compared to Trubuiski, Gabriel and Robinson and will be forced to contain Cook and Murray opposed to Howard and Cohen. Not knocking the Bears offense at all, because they looked decent, but you cannot compare the offenses.

The Bears defense does look compareable to the Vikings however.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings were a good team last year and arguably got better this year across the board.

That said unlike many I do sense a little fools gold in their win last week...their coverage got busted but never capitilaized on like hopefully we should and Kirk wasn't quite the crisp passer I thought he was...still they are solid.

IF #12 plays...which I sense bad things coming....I would say Pack 31-20.

IF Kizer has to go, I say it truly becomes a 50/50 coin flip depending. Kizer looked solid and made some crazy throws like a starter. That strip fumble was just a sick play by Mack and the INT it is clear he couldn't tell Mack had disengaged his block for the dump pass....had Mack been engaged that is a big dump completion with blockers ahead.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overreaction Monday is in full effect. The Vikings looked fine yesterday. They have an incredible defense, and unfortunately Cousins improved their offense. Saying the Vikings are overrated simply is not true. I love the optimism, however, aside from our defense and a triumphant Aaron Rodgers return, there is not much to be too confident going into next week. The secondary will be faced with Cousins, Diggs and Theilen compared to Trubuiski, Gabriel and Robinson and will be forced to contain Cook and Murray opposed to Howard and Cohen. Not knocking the Bears offense at all, because they looked decent, but you cannot compare the offenses.

The Bears defense does look compareable to the Vikings however.

You apparently didn't watch the game yesterday or you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.

RepStar15

Reaction score
You apparently didn't watch the game yesterday or you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.
I did, but you cannot make a claim about a team after one week. Dalvin Cook / Murray ARE better than Howard/Cohen who ate us up last night. Kirk Cousins IS better than Mitch Truibisky. Thelien / Diggs ARE better than Robinson/Gabriel. The Vikings offense is simply better than the Bears offense. Point blank.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did, but you cannot make a claim about a team after one week. Dalvin Cook / Murray ARE better than Howard/Cohen who ate us up last night. Kirk Cousins IS better than Mitch Truibisky. Thelien / Diggs ARE better than Robinson/Gabriel. The Vikings offense is simply better than the Bears offense. Point blank.

Cook was slow yesterday and did nothing. Murray was a little better but not much, and Cousins took some bad sacks out there. Thielen and Diggs I'll give you, but eliminate those options and Cousins has no third.

Sorry, but when you need a goal line fumble, a pick 6, 4 Martellus Bennetts, no McKinnon and a beatup OL on your opponent's team to win, yes you are overrated.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually not super sure the Vikings running game is that much better than the bears right now. Cohen and Howard are a solid two headed monster. Cook was good in the passing game but meh on the ground yesterday and is coming off a major injury. Murray is fine but not special.

The bears oline is better than the Vikings.

The Vikings are far superior at qb and wr/te

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not at all be surprised if it's a severe MCL sprain and probably some tearing in it too. I don't expect anything more than "knee injury" to be made public, but I'd be the conversation was, can I play on it and what's the worst that happens? It tears and I'm done? He took the chance rather than calling it quits on his own.

It is going to be something to watch all season. Keep him upright and keep the rest of the leg muscles strong and balanced and he can be just fine

RepStar15

Reaction score
Cook was slow yesterday and did nothing. Murray was a little better but not much, and Cousins took some bad sacks out there. Thielen and Diggs I'll give you, but eliminate those options and Cousins has no third.

Sorry, but when you need a goal line fumble, a pick 6, 4 Martellus Bennetts, no McKinnon and a beatup OL on your opponent's team to win, yes you are overrated.

So what about when you a favored to win a game and it takes your star QB getting hurt, going down by 20 points, horrible 4th quarter playcalling by the opposing offense and a total breakdown of communication in the last 3 minutes to send our slot receiver 75 yards down the field, are you overrated?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

What's even more ridiculous is making a claim about a team based on week 1 results. Now more than ever, the first month of an NFL season is very misleading in terms of results in the W/L column.

Hell if you looked at the 1st half Packers, what would that tell you?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And you should be worried about how stupid your overrated defense looks trying to cover TEs troll.
Code:
Jimmy G's first 7 starts  7-0   160/235  68.1%  2038 yards 10 TD's 5 Int.  Passer  rating of 100.27.
Jimmy G's game yesterday.         15/33  45.5%   261 yards  1 TD,  3 Int.  Passer rating of    45.1.

Now, Rodgers is not Jimmy G. And I expect a good game. But yeah, the Vikings defense is overrated.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Code:
Jimmy G's first 7 starts  7-0   160/235  68.1%  2038 yards 10 TD's 5 Int.  Passer  rating of 100.27.
Jimmy G's game yesterday.         15/33  45.5%   261 yards  1 TD,  3 Int.  Passer rating of    45.1.

Now, Rodgers is not Jimmy G. And I expect a good game. But yeah, the Vikings defense is overrated.
I've gotten nervous every time I've seen the Vikings on the schedule the past few years. And this was before Anthony Barr took Rodgers out last season.

Definitely no joke.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Now...with the above being said...

I too am anxiously awaiting word from the Packers on the status of Rodgers. We aren't out of the woods yet.
From the hit, to me it looked like it would most likely be a strain. My bet is that it's twice it's normal size right about now. But then it only take 12 pounds of pressure to break a knee. Hopefully no major damage was done. I would be surprised if he doesn't have a brace on it for the next few weeks. Assuming of course that it's not bad enough to keep him out of games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts