Week 2: on to Minnesota

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is saying the Packers are for sure going to win. I would say it went from a guy that I thought where the Vikings were a small favorite to the Packers maybe being a small favorite. It is easy to underestimate how bad their offense was against a defense that gave up 25 plus points per game last year. Again their offense account for 9 points! And the fg kicking is shaky at best. So they will rely heavily on a young and improving defense and ask their offense to not turn it over. That could very well be enough if the Packers offense is not in sync, if the oline struggles with the pass rush of the Vikings, and if the defense cant contain the run.

My complete guess is it will be a low scoring game and the Packers will win 20-17 or something like that. Although it could be even lower scoring

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My complete guess is it will be a low scoring game and the Packers will win 20-17 or something like that. Although it could be even lower scoring

If we don't manage to score 20 points, we'll most likely lose the game. Because that is the only way Minnesota has a chance of beating us (ie keeping the game low scoring in the teens) - The magic number IMO is 24. If we score 24, we'll win.

D

Deleted member 6794

If we don't manage to score 20 points, we'll most likely lose the game. Because that is the only way Minnesota has a chance of beating us (ie keeping the game low scoring in the teens) - The magic number IMO is 24. If we score 24, we'll win.

As long as the Packers don't turn the ball over I expect the Vikings to score less than 20 points.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Unless AP goes crazy, which could happen I guess, we will win if we score 20 or more. I think we could win if we score 17.

Also an interesting stats on the Minnesota defense from their game with Tennessee. They gave up a whopping 8 out of 14 3rd down conversions and gave up more first downs overall than the Packers did to Jax and actually gave up very similar yards per play - 4.9 to 5.1. Now the Vikings were playing with Xavier Rhodes so maybe that is why their pass defense struggle. He is getting an MRI today.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rhodes is out, that is bad news for their secondary. He is their best cover corner.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will likely be a very close game. Minnesota has a top-5 defense and they have one of the best running backs in the game. This Packers offense tends to struggle mightily against good defenses and I would not be shocked if they lost. Much like Jacksonville, Minnesota is not a team to take lightly.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless AP goes crazy, which could happen I guess, we will win if we score 20 or more. I think we could win if we score 17.

I agree. barring some break out of craziness, I don't see it taking a whole lot of points to win this one. They're likely to be tough to come by against that D.

Reaction score
IDK about the future better than anyone else.. But I think we played at a C- level (considering week 1) while Jacksonville played well enough to earn a solid B report card. We all knew yesterday wouldn't be a blowout and could potentially be challenging. I was surprised we couldn't stop them on 4th down so many times. That game shouldn't have been that close IMO but I do believe the heat was an advantage to the home team conditioned for it better.
I think Minni will be a slower ground game and the Vikes will attempt to burn the clock with 30+ runs or so to keep the ball out of our superheroe ARs mits
GB 24 Vikes 17

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings defense could be top 5 or they could be the defense that gave up 5 yards per play, numerous long drives, and an over 50 percent 3rd down conversion rate to one of the worst offenses in football

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Vikings defense could be top 5 or they could be the defense that gave up 5 yards per play, numerous long drives, and an over 50 percent 3rd down conversion rate to one of the worst offenses in football
And the Packers held on to beat the team that had the second worse defense(points, 9th on yards given up.) in the league last year.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping our run D shows up to this game right off the way they progressed through last game. They have to shut down AP and keep the Viking OL backstepping in the backfield. Offense has no choice but to show up early this game or it's going to be a long, long day. Rodgers and Nelson get on track early, Adams keeps his confidence and all is right with the world. How was Minn run defense?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Packers held on to beat the team that had the second worse defense(points, 9th on yards given up.) in the league last year.

Did I say the Packers played extremely well? Nope. Honestly it is like you come to a Packer board expecting us to have purple and gold colored glasses. The Vikings defense was more opportunistic than dominant against Tennessee. I have been on record as saying the Vikings have a very solid defense. I don't see it as top 5. Probably inside the top 10 though.

What do you want to me to say? The Vikings defense is on par with the Seahawks and Broncos? It isnt. Last year it was closer to the Packers than those two and after one week they look like a borderline top 10 defense which is very good. If you want to go somewhere that Praises the Vikings defense as elite and the Vikings WR's as special I am sure the Vikings have some message boards. If you want to come here and talk honestly about strengths and weaknesses of each team that is great. I think your a good poster and it is good having different voice but you have been awfully defensive

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Titans can hold down AP all game, I don't see why our D can't. It's going to be tough tough game. If Tretter and Taylor can hold their own and give Rodgers time in the pocket we go home with the W. They have big tests in Floyd and Joseph. I see Lacy having a similar game as last week 60-75yds 15 touches. They will get Starks more involved this week in the screen game hopefully. Capers gets the defense more prepared vs TEs and Rodgers throws another 2TDs and 0INTs. We keep AP under 100yds and out of the endzone. The quick back Mckinnon is a sleeper for the Vikes. I don't know if Shields will play. But whomever covers Diggs will have a tough night. He's going to be tough to matchup on with his crazy quickness and joystick moves. Sam Shields would do the best of our bunch imo. All in all Packers win 20-13 in a grinding game!!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Did I say the Packers played extremely well? Nope. Honestly it is like you come to a Packer board expecting us to have purple and gold colored glasses. The Vikings defense was more opportunistic than dominant against Tennessee. I have been on record as saying the Vikings have a very solid defense. I don't see it as top 5. Probably inside the top 10 though.

What do you want to me to say? The Vikings defense is on par with the Seahawks and Broncos? It isnt. Last year it was closer to the Packers than those two and after one week they look like a borderline top 10 defense which is very good. If you want to go somewhere that Praises the Vikings defense as elite and the Vikings WR's as special I am sure the Vikings have some message boards. If you want to come here and talk honestly about strengths and weaknesses of each team that is great. I think your a good poster and it is good having different voice but you have been awfully defensive
Nothing defensive. Simpy pointing out facts. And it depends on what you consider a good defense. Yards? Rushing yards? Passing yards? Or Points? Really, how many yards are given up is a moot point if the points are not given up. What would you rather have, a team that gave up 200 yards passing and 100 yards rushing but 25 point per game, or a team that gave up 300 yards passing 150 yards rushing and 17 points per game? Personally, I'll take the 17 ppg. Screw the yards.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If the Titans can hold down AP all game, I don't see why our D can't. It's going to be tough tough game. If Tretter and Taylor can hold their own and give Rodgers time in the pocket we go home with the W. They have big tests in Floyd and Joseph. I see Lacy having a similar game as last week 60-75yds 15 touches. They will get Starks more involved this week in the screen game hopefully. Capers gets the defense more prepared vs TEs and Rodgers throws another 2TDs and 0INTs. We keep AP under 100yds and out of the endzone. The quick back Mckinnon is a sleeper for the Vikes. I don't know if Shields will play. But whomever covers Diggs will have a tough night. He's going to be tough to matchup on with his crazy quickness and joystick moves. Sam Shields would do the best of our bunch imo. All in all Packers win 20-13 in a grinding game!!!
Titan rush defense is better than the Packers. At leas it was last year. This year, who knows. We will find out Sunday night.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jacksonville will most likely end up being one of the most improved teams compared to last season. There shouldn't be any doubt their offense is way better than the Titans one.

How was Minn run defense?

The Vikings run defense played well at Tennessee allowing 64 yards on 22 attempts for an average of 2.9.

Much better than who, the Titans? Your not basing this off of last year are you?

PFF ranked the Packers secondary fifth entering this season with the Titans coming in at 29th.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts