Week 2: on to Minnesota

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game guys. I hope no one is seriously hurt. Although Peterson didn't look good getting taken off the field.

Great game by Bradford and Diggs for you guys. Such a weird game with all the fumbles. Felt like the Vikings won this game because they won the field position and turnover battle. They did a good job not going three and out often. Bradford played with a lot of guts although they need to fix that pass blocking our he won't last the season. He took shots but delivered great passes. I am honestly surprised it was as close as it was bc it felt like the Vikings controlled most of the game and the Packers kept struggling to finish drives.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like what I'm seeing out of Rodgers. He just looks demoralized, or something. I'm not sure I saw him crack a smile once all game. It seems like he's always at his best when he's out there having fun.

Say what you want about the receivers not creating separation, the line breaking down early (I actually thought they did a decent job giving him enough time tonight), etc. He just doesn't look like a top 3 NFL QB right now, imo. Missed on throws, not protecting the ball, taking too much time. Obviously he's got it in him, so hopefully he can sort things out soon.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't know if I can buy into this. The Titans were the worst team in the league last year, and they had to hand Minnesota 2 defensive TDs last week in order to lose. The difference in performance between Bradford and Hill was negligible between the two weeks.
So, if the Titans were the worst in the league last year and the difference in Bradford and Hill was negligible, that would mean that the Packers right now are worse than the Titans. I don't buy it. And do you really think those were handed to them? Well, one was. Sure the Packers handed two turnovers to them this week as well. Good thing the Vikings defense isn't very good.

PMS 269

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like what I'm seeing out of Rodgers. He just looks demoralized, or something. I'm not sure I saw him crack a smile once all game. It seems like he's always at his best when he's out there having fun.

Say what you want about the receivers not creating separation, the line breaking down early (I actually thought they did a decent job giving him enough time tonight), etc. He just doesn't look like a top 3 NFL QB right now, imo. Missed on throws, not protecting the ball, taking too much time. Obviously he's got it in him, so hopefully he can sort things out soon.

The Vikings pressured him all night. He had to get rid of it before he wanted. He will be okay, he faced a serious defense tonight.

PMS 269

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See you cats for round 2! Was a really good game for the opener. It had to be you guys!

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, if the Titans were the worst in the league last year and the difference in Bradford and Hill was negligible, that would mean that the Packers right now are worse than the Titans. I don't buy it. And do you really think those were handed to them? Well, one was. Sure the Packers handed two turnovers to them this week as well. Good thing the Vikings defense isn't very good.
My point was that the Vikings aren't a great team. We lost to a team with a QB who has been there for a week and a half. And our offense didn't look much better last week to a defense which just got throttled.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
My point was that the Vikings aren't a great team. We lost to a team with a QB who has been there for a week and a half. And our offense didn't look much better last week to a defense which just got throttled.
Keep believing that. If the Vikings aren't a great team, they are a good team. One that does not rely on one player to pull them through the game. This entire thread was "stop Peterson we win." Well you stopped him. Did you win? The Vikings WR's wouldn't be but 2nd and 3rd string on most teams. Yup. The Vikings defense was lucky last week and not that good last year.

Maybe, just maybe, other teams have figured out how to stop Rodgers and the Packers. Because if you stop Rodgers, you stop the Packers.

PMS 269

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Vikings disrupted your team all night, and made the plays to win. Right now we the best in the north. Still unseated division champ. We see what happens from here. But round one, to us!

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep believing that. If the Vikings aren't a great team, they are a good team. One that does not rely on one player to pull them through the game. This entire thread was "stop Peterson we win." Well you stopped him. Did you win? The Vikings WR's wouldn't be but 2nd and 3rd string on most teams. Yup. The Vikings defense was lucky last week and not that good last year.

Maybe, just maybe, other teams have figured out how to stop Rodgers and the Packers. Because if you stop Rodgers, you stop the Packers.
Is this not a Packers forum? I know you are being respectful, but it tends to ruin things if sensitive Vikings fans are on here as well.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a reason I am still here after 10 years. Respect. Both ways. Works on the other Packer forums I visit as well.
For what it's worth, I'm jealous of your coaching staff and you definitely look closer to being a "great" team than GB does.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm jealous of your coaching staff and you definitely look closer to being a "great" team than GB does.
I think the modeled the staff after the Packers and the Patriots. Only the Packers need to come up with something other than Rodgers throwing the ball to win games. I do think they need to move on to a new Defensive coordinator. Or maybe a new Offensive one. Without McCarthy's input. They have become to predictable. Kinda like when the Vikings put Patterson in. You KNOW he is getting the ball.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, two Vikings homers drop by after the game and neither is gloating. Kind of hard to hold on to hate-filled rivalry with that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never count the man out. Unless it requires surgery, I would expect him back. Thing is, a lot of Viking fans think the offense runs better without him on the field.

If they have a capable QB I could believe this. Kind of like when Sterling Sharpe went down it forced Favre to look elsewhere and it actually opened the offense up. However, they may think the offense runs better without him on the field but I'l bet most of them would still rather have him back there than anyone else. Sounds contradictory but its hard to not want that guy on the field.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

The Vikings have not been a great team recently, so would be on thin ice to claim being great currently.

Most experts (and most reasonable Packer fans) would agree that they are a good team, though. Defending North Champs and currently 2-0. Hard to argue otherwise. But, IMO, in order to obtain that "great" adjective, winning in the post season, owning some recent trophies, and/or a sustained level of dominance need to occur first. Then, one can say, this team "is great".

I agree that the Vikings seem now to be a team that does not rely on the one player that they have relied on for many years now. Peterson has done nothing, yet they are 2-0. So, the "stop Peterson and you win" no longer holds water.

I still hold that the Vikings WRs are not great either. For the same reason as above. No history. Diggs certainly looked like he might be the real deal, but is still largely unproven. No one else would start on any "good" or better team, IMO.

And most would agree that the Vikings have a good defense. Especially the front line. Not sure what your point on this was.

Your last two comments about the Packers are nothing new to this board or to any reasonable Packer fan. We've been talking about how other teams have "figured" out Rodgers and McCarthy's outdated play book for years now. And, yes, if you stop Rodgers over the past years, you typically stop the Packers. Thanks for reminding us... :mad:

Your post above seemed to indicate the general sentiment of all Packer fans. This is not the case. Instead, what it is are sound bites that you take from one post or another, which cover a wide range of posters, including trolls and emotional band-wagon fans, all stitched together to make the Packer fan-base look to be completely dismissive of the quality of the Viking team. Again, this is not the case. Most Packer fans thought that the Packers would win, but not by much. Very few fans foresaw how poorly Rodgers would play versus the excellent game that Bradford played.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Dang, two Vikings homers drop by after the game and neither is gloating. Kind of hard to hold on to hate-filled rivalry with that.

Not all of us gloat after a win. We have much more respect for the game and our opponents and their fans than that. We may wear different colors, but we all love the game of football.

My son and I sat up in the top of the stadium (coaches view lol) surrounded by Packer fans, and they were respectful and represented the Green and Gold well throughout the game. Both of our respective fan bases are die hard as they come and the bleed team colors proudly.

As for the game... watching the fumbles and flags fly were frustrating for both sides. Watching Peterson's "skip-step" and not hitting the hole ticks me off to no end. Vikings rushing attack is anemic at best. Bradford is still acclimating to the playbook and will continue to improve. Diggs was firing on all cylinders. Defensively the mixed the pressure and coverage up very well.

Rodgers didn't have the comfort level in the pocket he has normally been use to. I'm wondering if Sitton being in Chicago has anything to do with the pocket not being sustained as well? The OL's chemistry is vital to the QB's success.

Looking forward to the rematch at Lambeau Field on Christmas Eve!

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers didn't have the comfort level in the pocket he has normally been use to. I'm wondering if Sitton being in Chicago has anything to do with the pocket not being sustained as well? The OL's chemistry is vital to the QB's success.

I was one of the posters harshly criticizing Thompson for releasing Sitton but don't think Taylor is to blame for Rodgers not feeling comfortable in the pocket. He didn't for most of last season with Sitton blocking for him either.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers only played the Vikings twice last season. While the team struggled at home they won by a wide margin on the road.

It's true the Vikings defense is better than the Jaguars but on the other side their offense is inferior.

Typo!! And I see we lost.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts