Week 2: on to Minnesota

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Time to open up their new palace with a solid thumping of the home boys. Discuss:
Who will be the home teams' starting QB?
Is their defense good, lucky, or just better than the pathetic Titans offense?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like Bradford as q/b more than Hill or Bridgewater..and by like I mean I think he sucks.

Minny defense is better than Jax, but the Pack offense should be a little more in sync

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They easily beat the Titans..... but then again no one here in TN are thinking Titans are very good.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite their QB/offense struggles, I'm still a bit nervous about this. It's the inaugural game of their new stadium and that crowd's going to be packed there and I'd suspect AD will be playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulders. And if their D is on point, we could have a little trouble.

However, I do like the potential of blitzing Matthews and company on Hill or Bradford and forcing a few turnovers on them. I think it'll be closer than people think, but we find a way to win it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Despite their QB/offense struggles, I'm still a bit nervous about this. It's the inaugural game of their new stadium and that crowd's going to be packed there and I'd suspect AD will be playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulders. And if their D is on point, we could have a little trouble.

However, I do like the potential of blitzing Matthews and company on Hill or Bradford and forcing a few turnovers on them. I think it'll be closer than people think, but we find a way to win it.

Rather have Bradford playing then hill or bridge.

I am worried about their def...but last year we ran for 160? At Minny...So there is that

D

Deleted member 6794

Before Bridgewater's injury this was one of the games I picked the Packers to lose this season. Mainly because I expected the Vikings to take advantage of a raucous atmosphere opening their new stadium and performing up to their talent level.

With either Hill or Bradford throwing the ball and the Packers most likely stacking the box to contain Peterson Green Bay should be considered the favorite to win the game though.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually another 3 points came off a long Patterson return where the vikings promptly went 3 and out but still got the fg and I think Walsh missed the extra point on a defensive td so it was 16 to 9 in favor of the Def/st.

Quick thoughts on the Vikings
- Their d did a great job getting turnovers but on a positive the Packers rarely turn it over
- The defense did give up some long drives. Don't have the numbers in front of me but it seemed like until they got behind almost all of the titans drives were 8 as or more. Maybe one or two werent
- Hill did a nice job. Could see him starting again. The Vikings offense wasn't good but they didn't turn it over
- Blair Walsh was bad again. Offense should at least put 3 more on the board as he missed a short one.
- They didn't panic or change identity when they got behind
- Rudolph their te was solid. Can we cover him?
- it session like their pass blocking held up

Overall if both teams play like they did Sunday I expect a Packers win. The Packers won't have 3 turnovers and 2 that are tds for the Vikings.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually another 3 points came off a long Patterson return where the vikings promptly went 3 and out but still got the fg and I think Walsh missed the extra point on a defensive td so it was 16 to 9 in favor of the Def/st.

Quick thoughts on the Vikings
- Their d did a great job getting turnovers but on a positive the Packers rarely turn it over
- The defense did give up some long drives. Don't have the numbers in front of me but it seemed like until they got behind almost all of the titans drives were 8 as or more. Maybe one or two werent
- Hill did a nice job. Could see him starting again. The Vikings offense wasn't good but they didn't turn it over
- Blair Walsh was bad again. Offense should at least put 3 more on the board as he missed a short one.
- They didn't panic or change identity when they got behind
- Rudolph their te was solid. Can we cover him?
- it session like their pass blocking held up

Overall if both teams play like they did Sunday I expect a Packers win. The Packers won't have 3 turnovers and 2 that are tds for the Vikings.

True, the Vikings most likely don't win the game against the Titans if they don't force three turnovers. Fortunately the Packers rarely give the ball away.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, the Vikings most likely don't win the game against the Titans if they don't force three turnovers. Fortunately the Packers rarely give the ball away.

Exactly. When was Rodgers last pick 6? My worries fir the game come more from the Packers offense still not quite being there. Didnt hit 200 yards passing although I guess that is a little deceiving bc they had a decent chunk of yardage from pass interference type penalties right?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tennessee beat themselves, but Minnesota was terrible in last year's season opener, so I don't put much stock in that game.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not to worried about this game. I don't think Minnesota can score 20 points on us without scoring a defensive or special teams TD. We'll however score at least 24. Jordy will have a game under his belt and him and Aaron will be more in sync.

The only way Minnesota beats us, is if its a 17-14 or 13-10 low scoring affair.

I also expect a lot of Packer fans in the stands.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tennessee beat themselves, but Minnesota was terrible in last year's season opener, so I don't put much stock in that game.

I agree that we shouldn't put too much stock in either game. The Vikings won so they probably feel confident too since the Packers didn't look flawless in their game. The Vikings looked like the same team we saw last year. Solid to very good defense. Mediocre at best offense. If you stop Peterson they won't score much and you can play 8 to 9 in the box without the passing game destroying you

D

Deleted member 6794

Exactly. When was Rodgers last pick 6? My worries fir the game come more from the Packers offense still not quite being there. Didnt hit 200 yards passing although I guess that is a little deceiving bc they had a decent chunk of yardage from pass interference type penalties right?

Rodgers has thrown only one pick-6 during his career vs. Tampa Bay in November, 2009. The Jaguars were penalized once for pass interference for 30 yards during yesterday's game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For people who are saying they're not worried about the Vikings game go back and watch all three games from last season. We are away for one, and the Vikings have a better defense than the Jags.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For people who are saying they're not worried about the Vikings game go back and watch all three games from last season. We are away for one, and the Vikings have a better defense than the Jags.

Its their offense. They aren't capable of scoring a lot of points without defensive or special teams TDs. As I said above, the only way they can beat quality teams like us is low scoring games in the teens.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers only played the Vikings twice last season. While the team struggled at home they won by a wide margin on the road.

It's true the Vikings defense is better than the Jaguars but on the other side their offense is inferior.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, the Jags O is twice as good as the Vikings. All the Vikings have going for them is a run game (stack the box) and a good (not great) defense. We are capable of scoring of 24 points on them and if we do score 24 points, we'll win.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pressure is on them, not us. They are opening their stadium against the division rival and it would suck for them to have the Packers come rain on their parade. They will need to rely on their defense to make turnovers, which we hardly ever do. AP looked pretty human yesterday.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What is this third game that you speak of? You didn't by any chance have a concussion falling out of bed this morning did you?

Now in all seriousness, nobody is saying they aren't worried about the Vikings. Our offense, while improved quite a bit and I think able to get back to 2014 level, still is getting back on track and could run into problems with their D. And on O, I don't know, it's possible they might strike a few play action passes if we're not careful. But as Captain said, I had thought this would be the one game we'd be a lock to lose just because the timing played perfectly into Minny's hands and I assumed Bridgewater would be starting. With the latter not the case, their being the favorite is no longer true, and yes they could still win if they play their cards right, but we might have enough going for us now to pull it out close.

Members online

Latest posts