Week 2 home opener: Packers v.s. Vikings

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Carry a block of wood with you and keep knocking on it until the game is over!

Even better, I will be wearing my "lucky underwear". The pair I wore to my first Packer game 30 years ago and haven't taken off since. Seems to get me some extra seat space too. :whistling: :sick: :poop:

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Vikings are a very good football with with a lot of talent up and down their roster, and are very well coached. Their only problem is that Cousins sucks when the money is on the line.

Reaction score
Cousins > Trubisky
Dalvin Cook > the collective Chi running attack
Vikings receivers > Chi's receivers.
Vikings OL = Chi's OL

We're going to find out if the Packer defense is for real this Sunday.

On the other side,

Cousins >=< Rodgers? Is Rodgers better right at this moment?
Dalvin Cook > Aaron Jones
Vikings receivers => Packer receivers. Maybe Minnesota is a little better, but if Graham and MVS show up again, it's a different story
Vikings OL = Packers OL. Are either of them good? I wonder if Jenkins will play more and Taylor less?

Rodgers continues to hold onto the ball too long, and he isn't playing like an All Pro caliber QB yet.

If all of their players are = or > ours..
how is it that exactly 1 year ago they came up against an injured QB and a mediocre at best Defense and couldn’t win? We were a 6 Win team for heavens sakes!
I’m not sure why everyone is so afraid of these guys.. they are very beatable if we go in with the right attitude. But if we start buying in to this calculator soup thing it’s gonna be like 0-45. Heck we might as well just throw in the towel. Send a peace delegation maybe they won’t show up!

Also, there is zero question in my mind that the GB 2019 Defense is better than the 2018 Defense. How much better? We’ll find out if the peace treaty don’t work :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If all of their players are = or > ours..
how is it that exactly 1 year ago they came up against an injured QB and a mediocre at best Defense and couldn’t win? We were a 6 Win team for heavens sakes!
I’m not sure why everyone is so afraid of these guys.. they are very beatable if we go in with the right attitude. But if we start buying in to this calculator soup thing it’s gonna be like 0-45. Heck we might as well just throw in the towel. Send a peace delegation maybe they won’t show up!

Also, there is zero question in my mind that the GB 2019 Defense is better than the 2018 Defense. How much better? We’ll find out if the peace treaty don’t work :rolleyes:

The better option of course is to assume every opponent is highly over rated and that beating them will be super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Dayooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF kind of attitude is that, you're going to be known as GrimGary, or GraveGary this week if you don't watch it
I cannot blame him. How many times do we get all excited about these games only to have the pack lay an egg or worse yet Rodgers suffers a broken collar bone. I will also be holding my breath sunday hoping for a win. For a new offense I thought last week was a clone of the McPancake days. This week will be a battle as I feel the vikings are at least as good as the Bears.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our 2019 Defense is night and day compared to 2018. This is going to be fun to watch.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot blame him. How many times do we get all excited about these games only to have the pack lay an egg or worse yet Rodgers suffers a broken collar bone. I will also be holding my breath sunday hoping for a win. For a new offense I thought last week was a clone of the McPancake days. This week will be a battle as I feel the vikings are at least as good as the Bears.
I now proclaim you DroopyYooper for the week.

sundown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vikings should have a very good defense, not as good as the Bears, but close. But they have a better offense. Our Offense will have to show up a bit more next week, but it's at home at least.
yes ,our offense must do better and I think it will but I am worried about the offensive line is it at best mediocre again?
I can't remember the last time the packers have had a really good offensive line especially when everyone knows that Aaron can carve up
any defense if he has just a little time to throw the ball, annoying!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
yes ,our offense must do better and I think it will but I am worried about the offensive line is it at best mediocre again?
I can't remember the last time the packers have had a really good offensive line especially when everyone knows that Aaron can carve up

While I see your point, what the Packers will need to do this season, since they can't just instantly turn every offensive lineman into a Pro Bowler, is make them "look" better by doing things that help them. First and foremost, establish that run game that we have been hearing about. Don't let the Defense just bull rush and/or blitz every play. Second, stop relying on the OL for more than 3-4 seconds of pocket pass protection, it isn't going to be there on every play. Whether that is Rodgers rolling out more or just getting the ball faster, he has to stop being a sitting duck in that pocket.

Also, within all this is the fact that as many of us have pointed out, it was the Bears we played. Hell, they even made Bakhtiari look bad at times. Very tough front 7 to gauge your offense against. Possibly Jenkins starts playing more, Turner gets more comfortable at RG and we actually see the OL improve, while the defenses they face are not nearly as good as that of the Bears.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our OL was the #7 ranked OL in the NFL last year by Football Outsiders, just behind Denver, and ahead of Dallas... Rams, Saints and Patriots were Top 1,2,3. This game is won in the trenches.

MIN was ranked #23 in 2018.

I think we will be just fine. Home cookin' Baby!!!!

We will be running the rock Sunday. I am certain they will be utilizing it more effectively, as our OL did next to nothing to help any of our RBs last Thursday. They are a proven unit with proven players. Just learning a new scheme and techniques, and I agree, the Bears sample was difficult to gauge going in cold.

Running will help our play action. According to FO GB used play action on 19% of their dropbacks. When using play action they gained 11.3 yds/pass. When not using PA, they dropped to 4.3 yds/pass... and they still had success with PA with their RBs YPA only 2.17.

I firmly believe our OL will be out to prove themselves against MIN, and they will get the job done. So will Aaron Rodgers & Co. Our D will give them many opportunities to score by working Cousins over, and stopping Cook. Look for our D to create a lot of TOs to hand the ball back to Aaron.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can all stop doing the wave, that should add about 14 points to our average PPG.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
David Bakhtiari was not in pads on Thursday. Unclear if this is precautionary at this point. He showed up on yesterday's report with a back issue.

The only other DNPs were Darrius Shepherd (hamstring) and Oren Burks (pectoral).

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Bakhtiari was not in pads on Thursday. Unclear if this is precautionary at this point. He showed up on yesterday's report with a back issue.

The only other DNPs were Darrius Shepherd (hamstring) and Oren Burks (pectoral).

Wonderful.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I scored 20 yard line seats last night for Sundays Game, so book the W......call it luck or whatever, but I have never attended a game that the Packers have los......ok not completing that sentence for fear of jinxing things. :D
which 20? we're in section 320, so about the 15 -20-yard line and up a little ways. NW side

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
which 20? we're in section 320, so about the 15 -20-yard line and up a little ways. NW side

Packer side of the field, left side of bench.....I think 40ish row back? About 5 steps down from the opening of the tunnel in. Buddies ticket and his wife or kid don't want to go. Been in the seats a few times and they are awesome.

EDIT: Just looked at seat chart....guessing Section 116....remember, no bringing rifles or water balloons into the stadium.....just because "you are sitting behind me". Looks like you are literally directly behind me!

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Packer side of the field, left side of bench.....I think 40ish row back? About 5 steps down from the opening of the tunnel in. Buddies ticket and his wife or kid don't want to go. Been in the seats a few times and they are awesome.

EDIT: Just looked at seat chart....guessing Section 116....remember, no bringing rifles or water balloons into the stadium.....just because "you are sitting behind me". Looks like you are literally directly behind me!
Family promo. My son works the Lambeau Links stand in section 106 for all your sausage desires.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Question: I’ll be out of town, and out of the local market this Sunday :rolleyes: What are the best options to watch the game live? Besides Sunday NFL ticket.

Reaction score
The better option of course is to assume every opponent is highly over rated and that beating them will be super easy, barely an inconvenience.
I'm assuming that sarcasm. Nobody said we have to severely discount MN. I think it's pretty obvious they have a better than average team and you have to respect every team you face. But that said, we can't go on speaking to our demise through being speculative about each individual player and acting like that's how a game is going to play out. This is our house, we can beat anyone here if we play to our potential. That's not a slight on MN or being haughty, that's just good mental preparation.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look out

Members online

Latest posts