Week 2 home opener: Packers v.s. Vikings

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that I’ve been harping on for a few years is to use the RBs more in the passing game. It’s adds another dimension to the game that has to be accounted for Defensively.

I love we’re doing that, although I think it’s going to take a number of weeks to really get a grip on all the nuances due to a learning curve, I think getting AJ involved all around is smart. Minnesota’s LBs are some of the best in the league in coverage, yet I could still sense we were very close to success already in week 2. I’d keep the hammer down

We were about 3-4 yards from a long TD pass to Jones on a wheel. It wasn't a bad pass by any means, was just good coverage, but if Rodgers puts it just a little more ahead it would've been gone.

Lots of pieces from the offense that I like a lot, it's just putting them together. We're far from a well oiled machine, which is the reason for my optimism!

Reaction score
We were about 3-4 yards from a long TD pass to Jones on a wheel. It wasn't a bad pass by any means, was just good coverage, but if Rodgers puts it just a little more ahead it would've been gone.

Lots of pieces from the offense that I like a lot, it's just putting them together. We're far from a well oiled machine, which is the reason for my optimism!
Yeah I also noticed that pass. Upon replay Jones actually slowed down and turned back to the ball. It was catchable behind him, but also it made it defendable. If that ball is thrown just 1 foot longer he likely catches it. If it’s thrown 1 yard longer? That’s a catch in stride with plenty of space and likely points when considering who’s running in open space.

That said, I realize #12 isn’t perfect and I don’t expect him to be. But what this did show was the play design was successful and had great potential.
A few more weeks of running this Offense and I’m confident we snag a higher % of those tosses.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Fennell pointed out that Jenkins was in at LG for Jones' rushing touchdown yesterday. He had a great block on Linval Joseph.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Fennell pointed out that Jenkins was in at LG for Jones' rushing touchdown yesterday. He had a great block on Linval Joseph.
So Jenkins is the bastard responsible for me losing my fantasy matchup. :roflmao: Oh well. I'll take a Packers W over a fantasy W every Sunday.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My other observation is that if they are not going to throw to Graham, they need to dump him since he can't block at all. We have to guys who can line up there who know how to block. I like Graham's receiving ability, but we just are not using our TE position in that manner on this roster much, if at all. And frankly, we are facing too many good Defenses with great pass rush this season to have our TEs out running routes, instead of blocking.
I read some comments from LaFleur on Graham today that do not sound like they've lost one bit of confidence in him. This could get interesting if he somehow returns to 2017 form or prior. I know he's not as fast as he once was, but, he could have some big games ahead depending on how they use him. We will just have to see.

Members online

Latest posts