Week 2 home opener: Packers v.s. Vikings

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
well I really don’t know why we should even continue following the rest of the games this season. The 10-3 victory over the Bears in week 1 was the first 10-3 victory the Packers have had since.....the Bears in 2010. Super Bowl champions confirmed :cool:

But to pass the time, I guess we’ll discuss what needs to be done to take down the Vikes. I’ll be an interested viewer tomorrow when they take on the Falcons.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vikings should have a very good defense, not as good as the Bears, but close. But they have a better offense. Our Offense will have to show up a bit more next week, but it's at home at least.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last week was like hitting it close on a par 3.... gotta make the birdie putt by winning at home this week.... otherwise we’re just even par

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings front seven is nowhere near the Bears though their secondary is better. Besides the Rams, there is no front seven that can pressure like the Bears. Getting a win in Chitown was a big accomplishment. If z and company can pressure Cousins he will throw picks and miss open receivers.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This is going to be a very stout challenge for the Packers. I haven’t been able to watch as much of the Vikings/Falcons game as I’d like, but Dalvin Cook looks absolutely dangerous in the backfield. He’s just running through the Falcons. Cousins has only thrown the ball 10 times because they haven’t needed it.

The Vikings defense shut off the run as Freeman has only 8 carries for 19 yards (awful for my fantasy team by the way).

Something tells me that, unless something drastically changes, the Packers will have a really tough time running the ball against the defensive front of the Vikings, which will put Rodgers in a similar position as he was against the Bears.

We’re going to need another unbelievable effort defensively to try slowing down their running game and make Cousins play hero ball. Otherwise, it has the makings to get ugly.

The Packers won’t figure out all of their offensive woes in 10 days. So the defense will need to be really good.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And here I was hoping Atlanta could do something right for a change and beat Minnesota. Personally I'm not TOO worried as I don't think Minnesota will be able to repeat this performance. If this was at home then I would be worried as they do better at home than away. Besides we owe these jokers from last year. I say we handle our business and take a commanding 2-0 and this time we win decisively.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And here I was hoping Atlanta could do something right for a change and beat Minnesota. Personally I'm not TOO worried as I don't think Minnesota will be able to repeat this performance. If this was at home then I would be worried as they do better at home than away. Besides we owe these jokers from last year. I say we handle our business and take a commanding 2-0 and this time we win decisively.

Well, some of their TDs were setup by Atlanta turnovers and special teams. I think our D can hold them

BUT ....

Lane Taylor must be kicked off this roster before this game. He is a disgrace to offensive linemen and makes me long for the days when Marco Rivera was out there mauling defensive linemen.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, some of their TDs were setup by Atlanta turnovers and special teams. I think our D can hold them

BUT ....

Lane Taylor must be kicked off this roster before this game. He is a disgrace to offensive linemen and makes me long for the days when Marco Rivera was out there mauling defensive linemen.
Is he worse than Newhouse?

On top that I do think the key battle for us to lookout for next week is Dalvin Cook vs the secondary.

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are going to be tough for sure. The have a very good defense and solid offense. Keys to the game seem fairly simple.

1. Don't turn the ball over. The Falcons had 3 turnovers and blocked punt.
2. Stop the run. It is fine if Cook gets some yards but he cant break big ones
3. Slow down the Viking's pass rush

If you followed the Vikings-Falcons game obviously the Vikings were the better team but the Falcons couldnt get out of their own way.

Blocked punt leads to a short field for the Vikings
Interception leads to short field for the Vikings
Next drive they get in field goal range but self destruct with a penalty
Next drive they have 1st and 5 from the Vikings 21 and they fumble
They had another drive where they threw in INT in the end zone on second and goal from the 3.

They were inside the 35 of the Vikings 3 times in just over two quarters and left with 0 points. That is embarrassing. At worst you should be down 21-9 but probably 21-13 or 21-17 even with the short field they gave the Vikings twice right off the bat

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
9-3 Packers in another defensive battle.

Cousins only threw the ball 10 times, but completed 8 of them.

Going to be all about containing Cook.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before we hand the Vikings the game also remember that Falcons defense was the 3rd worst run defense in the game last year giving up almost 5 ypc. Most places pegged them near the bottom again this year. Cook is a good runner but he will be facing a much different run defense in GB.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only saw about 1 quarter across a restaurant . Looked like lots of wide open running. Couldn’t tell if bad defense or their oline was that good. Then we continued on our chilly boat ride up the Wolf

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The really successful runs were end runs to either side. Great pulling OL and Atlanta just could not cover the play.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons were abysmal across all areas of the game. I mean really terrible doesn't really cut it as a description of their game.

Our D will pose far better problems. Though having such a easy game to get settled will give them confidence.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And with The Lions tying with The Cardinals (Thank you Arizona) the winner of next week's game will have a commanding lead within the division. It's more important for us considering we'll not only be 2-0 but we'll be 2-0 in the division. Again I don't see Minnesota repeating what they did to The Falcons as they were at home.

Some other interesting notes:

- The Vikings had 130 yards rushing in the first half and 21 points.
- Cousins threw the ball 10 times today and was under 100 yeards.

I don't see them repeating this when they come to Lambeau.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And with The Lions tying with The Cardinals (Thank you Arizona) the winner of next week's game will have a commanding lead within the division. It's more important for us considering we'll not only be 2-0 but we'll be 2-0 in the division. Again I don't see Minnesota repeating what they did to The Falcons as they were at home.

Some other interesting notes:

- The Vikings had 130 yards rushing in the first half and 21 points.
- Cousins threw the ball 10 times today and was under 100 yeards.

I don't see them repeating this when they come to Lambeau.

A 1 game lead with 14 more to play is hardly commanding.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 1 game lead with 14 more to play is hardly commanding.
Which is why I brought up the fact we'll be 2-0 in the division, our next division game after this won't be until 4 weeks afterwards. So we'll be up in the division. That's what I was trying to say basically.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Which is why I brought up the fact we'll be 2-0 in the division, our next division game after this won't be until 4 weeks afterwards. So we'll be up in the division. That's what I was trying to say basically.
Up in the division, yes. But there’s no such thing as a “commanding” lead after 2 games in the NFL.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings are scary. I have a concern about being able to put up enough points against their D. Hopefully our D is for real, for once. They were fun to watch last week. Our home record was horrible last year. We need to get that Lambeau mojo back. The Pack better take advantage of all of the home games early. They have a chance to blow it wide open if they can get on a run at home.

Members online

Latest posts