Week 2 home opener: Packers v.s. Vikings

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The only Vikings fan who has been able to stay on this board for 13 years and not get banned for being a jerk.

Not bad Raptorman!

Your Vikings were 9-16-2 VS The Packers over that time and STILL no Super Bowl wins. ;)

Way to hang in there!

I need a guy to help me string up some electric fence, while its live, can you give me a hand? :cool:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cousins > Trubisky
Dalvin Cook > the collective Chi running attack
Vikings receivers > Chi's receivers.
Vikings OL = Chi's OL

We're going to find out if the Packer defense is for real this Sunday.

On the other side,

Cousins >=< Rodgers? Is Rodgers better right at this moment?
Dalvin Cook > Aaron Jones
Vikings receivers => Packer receivers. Maybe Minnesota is a little better, but if Graham and MVS show up again, it's a different story
Vikings OL = Packers OL. Are either of them good? I wonder if Jenkins will play more and Taylor less?

Rodgers continues to hold onto the ball too long, and he isn't playing like an All Pro caliber QB yet.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cousins > Trubisky
Vikings OL = Chi's OL

On the other side,

Vikings receivers => Packer receivers. Maybe Minnesota is a little better, but if Graham and MVS show up again, it's a different story
Vikings OL = Packers OL. Are either of them good? I wonder if Jenkins will play more and Taylor less?

Rodgers continues to hold onto the ball too long, and he isn't playing like an All Pro caliber QB yet.

We have Devante who is one of the best receivers in the game. We edge them out in receivers, even if slightly.

And come on, I know Rodgers had a lousy season last year but he still is better than Cousins.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see what I did with my original post and accidentally confused Cook as a receiver instead of a running back! My bad you guys! XD

But on a serious note, I see this game as a bit of a recipe in order for us to beat Dallas as the two are very similar to how their offenses work.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Cousins > Trubisky
Vikings OL = Chi's OL

On the other side,

I said it last year, and what I saw in the Chicago game still goes. Rodgers just does not look right throwing the ball. Something seems off to me. Now, is Cousins better? Based on history, no. Based on what I have been seeing in Rodgers since his last injury, the jury is still out.

That being said, I see a Packer victory by a field goal 31-28

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I said it last year, and what I saw in the Chicago game still goes. Rodgers just does not look right throwing the ball. Something seems off to me. Now, is Cousins better? Based on history, no. Based on what I have been seeing in Rodgers since his last injury, the jury is still out.

Very objective take on your part. Kudos.

In regards to Rodgers, I maintain that the knee injury had a whole lot to do with his compromised accuracy last year. And he clearly had a rough start against the NFL's best defense this year.

I'm mildly concerned at this point. He'll be fine.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just worried about Barr taking another cheap shot on Rodgers at this point, and the refs won't flag the jerk. Screw that guy! When I learned he decided to stay with The Vikings, I was pissed!

Also has anyone noticed the refs allowing Rodgers to get hit when he's inside the pocket and not throwing flags for personal fouls for late hits? But they'll flag every time our defenders do that.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this will be a close game, and will probably be decided by one or two plays. Being at home helps, and finally having some athletes on defense helps. Rodgers is better than Cousins, so I'll take the thirteen-time world champions in a nail-biter.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You lost all credibility when I got to this line. Really?

Has Rodgers shown that he is better right now? I'm waiting to see. Is Rodgers better overall? Of course he is. There's no comparison. But Rodgers hasn't been that great for quite some time now, a lot of which is due to injury, to McCarthy, and to a lousy defense.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had supreme mastery of an offense, he knew what was going to happen, it's why he was so good. he can move and he can make all the throws and he's a cerebral QB. He's human like everyone else. THere is a lot new. He has not mastered this offense and won't for a while, probably won't even be this year. Once the parts are there, and the consistency is there, he's going to look much better, but until then its going to be surge and sputter.

I'm not sure the short touch passes were ever his thing, but the quick passes to the outside are something he excelled at and I think he will again. Toss in a little unsureity with the offense, and a big dose of defense that was whipping our guys up front, it's hardly surprising. The handful of times the Steelers actually brought pressure on Brady near the end of the game had some hurried and very ugly throws, far different than the great stuff he was slinging all night before that.

Get Rodgers protected and get some real game snaps under them, they're going to be better.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Also has anyone noticed the refs allowing Rodgers to get hit when he's inside the pocket and not throwing flags for personal fouls for late hits? But they'll flag every time our defenders do that.
The rules don't prevent defenders from hitting quarterbacks inside the pocket as long as they are deemed as a 'legal' hit. Brady got smacked a few times a couple nights ago against Pittsburgh in the pocket.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Have to figure there is a lot to correct. Aaron has been undercoached for years, and he wants to be coached. I do believe McCarthy really became a detriment to him and the team as a whole.

I believe Aaron is one of the best, but he might have some bad habits to unlearn, and I’ll be interested to see LaFleur’s effectiveness in this regard.

Poor OL play just compounded the situation.

Thinking this is just going to take some time.

As for this next game, I do think GB will have their hands full with MIN pass rush & run blocking. If our OL comes out to make a statement, following one of their worst performances in recent memory to right the ship, and Aaron makes a similar statement, this could be a runaway win for the Packers.

One or two defensive scores would be GREAT to see!!!

MIN OL will struggle with our pass rush, and I’m confident we can do a good job against a great RB in Cook. Our secondary could wind up having a very big day with the pressure we can get on Cousins.

I’m really stoked for this game. Can’t go undefeated without winning Game 2!!!

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting worried about one of our favorite Viking posters.....has anyone seen Raptorman? Not like him to not show up by now to weigh in on both the Packers and the Vikings.

I will bait him to come with this great Tweet this morning:

Peter Bukowski
@Peter_Bukowski

·
The Falcons outgained the Vikings 345-269, ran 18 more plays, committed fewer penalties and won time of possession. They lost because they turned the ball over 3 times and could't tackle Dalvin Cook.

I've seen Raptorman post on another Packers' forum the other day. I'll let him know he is missed. lol ;)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same here. I grew up a little over an hour from the twin shitties and grew up despising the vikings and for me it was way before Randy Moss. In fact I have hated the vikings for longer than I have loved the Packers. I won't say I would never cheer for them but the circumstances need top be just right. If a viking win would put the Packers in the playoffs or would keep them from being eliminated I might think about it.

There are a couple of Vikings fans down here in my retirement community and they can be insufferable :sick: so I hope we win on Sunday.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There are a couple of Vikings fans down here in my retirement community and they can be insufferable :sick: so I hope we win on Sunday.

Just replace their ****** pills with some Unisom Sleep Tabs, that should take care of the problem. ;)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll be surprised if the score is that high for either team.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just worried about Barr taking another cheap shot on Rodgers at this point, and the refs won't flag the jerk. Screw that guy! When I learned he decided to stay with The Vikings, I was pissed!

I did notice Rodgers got hit last Thursday night late and not a flag to be found. :cautious:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Rodgers shown that he is better right now? I'm waiting to see. Is Rodgers better overall? Of course he is. There's no comparison. But Rodgers hasn't been that great for quite some time now, a lot of which is due to injury, to McCarthy, and to a lousy defense.

It might take another couple of weeks before the offense starts to click so thank god our defense is better this year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Cousins > Trubisky
Vikings OL = Chi's OL

On the other side,

Some interesting comparisons to consider.

I definitely think Cousins is better than Trubisky.

Dalvin Cook is better than any one runner on the Bears.

The Vikings' receivers are definitely better.

Chicago definitely has a better OL than the Vikings until proven otherwise, and I don't think it's that close.

Though it might sound crazy to some, I actually think Cousins vs. the way Rodgers is playing right now is a valid question. As @Raptorman mentioned, something just isn't quite right. Ben Fennell highlighted instances of him lowering his eyes vs the blitz and failing to hit the hot route.

I don't think that Dalvin Cook is a better player than Aaron Jones. Maybe he will be more productive because of offensive philosophy, but I believe Jones is a comparable, or even better player in a vacuum.

WR is hard to compare. I think Adams is the best receiver between either team, but I don't think that any two receiver combo on the Packers compares well to Thielen and Diggs. But then, the Vikings' receiver depth is trash, so if either Diggs or Thielen are out or playing hurt, they have a problem. But if they're healthy, the depth doesn't really matter, especially if the Vikings are throwing the ball as rarely as they prefer to.

And lastly, the Packers OL is better than the Vikings OL until proven otherwise, and it isn't close. At this point, we have to base most of our opinion on past performance because we don't have a lot of 2019 data. All we know this year is that the Bears can give the Packers OL problems (like they can to basically any OL) and that the Vikings can move the Falcons in the running game (as most teams were able to do fairly easily last year).

Dayooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Rodgers is more accurate this week and our receivers able to catch the back shoulder throws when we really need them. Offensive line need to play better and give everyone some time. The bears did hit rodgers but they were good clean hits. Now to worry about the Vikings.

Members online

Latest posts