Week 2 home opener: Packers v.s. Vikings

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I scored 20 yard line seats last night for Sundays Game, so book the W......call it luck or whatever, but I have never attended a game that the Packers have los......ok not completing that sentence for fear of jinxing things. :D
I have no idea where our seats are, but my brother, dad and I are going and taking my brothers Viking fan wife. I like her, but I don't like her right now

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
cobb's nursing sore ribs. he may miss some time in dal.

Some fans treated it like a revelation that he looked great with the Cowboys on Sunday. Cobb always looks awesome until he gets hurt, and then he looks rather less awesome while he, commendably, grits it out through an injury. And getting nicked up is a question of when, not if, for him.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Will we see BJ Goodson over Greene?

I'm actually excited to see Goodson in there. Didn't think much of him when he was initially signed, but then I watched this. I know, highlight reels can be deceiving, but some really nice things in there. Lateral movement, eye on the ball, played off of blocks, speed and tackling all look like things we have lacked from the Will in a few years.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always am concerned about divisional games. Judging from week 1, seems like the Vikings are the 'best' team solely looking at week 1 alone. I still think the Falcons may win that division. Saints were completely beatable last night and Carolina wasn't overly impressive outside of CMC. But Falcon's started out getting sacked and a block punt, threw an INT, Fumbled, and another INT. They were on the heels immediately and the Vikings DBs have three 1st round picks, plus Barr in the LB crew.

Falcons were forced to throw and probably one of the last teams you want sitting on the throw is the Vikings. Falcons run D is terrible and Dalvin Cook when healthy, is an absolute beast. A recipe for disaster if you ask me.

I'd like to think Rodgers won't throw two picks, the Packers will be able to actually have time to get the run game involved and it'll be a better game. Hooper had a big game for the Falcons, I think Pack TEs will have a big game, Aaron/Jamal will have their moments underneath. Packers front is better than the Falcons to hopefully put the game more in Cousins' hands which I think benefits the Pack like Mitch having the ball in his hands did.

I think it'll be like a 24-20 game, rooting for it to be the Packers but I can see it being a close game and one drive/one stop being the turning point.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people talking about dalving cook, Cohen is more dangerous. packers safties are really good at coming up and making a hit. Defense will make cousins have to beat us. On the other hand our offense is not there, the OLine needs to get in the weight room or something or rodgers need to not hold the ball as long anymore because we dont have the oline that can hold that long. Elgton jenkins needs to start at gaurd.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to guage Minnesota's offense based on their game with the Falcons. The Falcons have a bad run defense and have been a soft, finese team for a long time. They never recovered from their Super Bowl collapse. The key to the Packer-Viking game may be whether MLF can use his TE's to exploit Minnesota's defense. Philly destroyed Minnesota in the 2018 championship with passes to the TE's.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanguine, you are dead nuts ON with all of that. I believe that to be the case too, in every respect.

MIN will be facing a far superior team than they did last game.

Btw, we have two of the top TE performers from last week in Graham & Lewis.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonna need the offense to get going a little bit in this one + another good to great performance from the defense.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering how much of running the ball down the falcons throats and only dropping back to pass 11 times a plan or due to an inability to protect their quarterback?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm wondering how much of running the ball down the falcons throats and only dropping back to pass 11 times a plan or due to an inability to protect their quarterback?

Whatever it was, it seemed to work for them. I didn't watch the game, but just by the boxscore, they seemed to have the game put away by the 4th Q.

I highly doubt they can beat the Packers by passing the ball only 10-11 times. Thelen, Diggs, Rudolph and Cook are going to see a lot more passes and I am afraid they will be trying to exploit the Packers defense with short passes and outside runs. Will be a good test to see how much this defense has changed from the last few years.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keys to beating the Vikes:
- Stop Cook from gaining 4+ yds/carry.
- Pressure/hit Cousins if/when he drops back.
- Savage & Amos need to play aggressively in run support AND leveling Diggs/Thelen/Rudolph if Cousins gets a pass away.
- No ST or Offensive blunders (fumbles, INT's) to give Minnesota additional shots to score.
- Use the TE's - additional blocker and/or big, fast catchers in the middle of the field.

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings (on paper) are a very balanced team. They'll go as far as Cook and Mattison take them on the ground. We've struggled in the past containing Thielen as well. Pressure and run defense will dictate this game. Our offense needs to find its way - Jones and Adams need to have a more productive outing if we will stand a chance.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cousins only passed 7 times in the first half, 3 times in the second. Cook had 21 carries for over 150. Falcons turned the ball over 3 times. 2 INT by Ryan, who is known for throwing INTs... This will be a completely different team than what MIN faced week 1.

Our run D is rock solid, as is our pass D. Going to be creating turnovers to give the ball back to Aaron to work out any kinks, at home. The OL and Rodgers have to be incredibly motivated to have a better showing. Our TE group is rock solid. Our WR group are dynamic, talented, trusted by Aaron, and will be looking to score big. Our RBs might get a better chance to show their wares given the later.

I think Cousins will be in big trouble facing our D. May give up some plays early, but seems our D is able to adjust accordingly.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keys to beating the Vikes:
- Stop Cook from gaining 4+ yds/carry.
- Pressure/hit Cousins if/when he drops back.
- Savage & Amos need to play aggressively in run support AND leveling Diggs/Thelen/Rudolph if Cousins gets a pass away.
- No ST or Offensive blunders (fumbles, INT's) to give Minnesota additional shots to score.
- Use the TE's - additional blocker and/or big, fast catchers in the middle of the field.
Dude! I really like the idea of using a heavy package in this game. Keep in an extra OL to better protect Aaron. I wanted to see that v. CHI... I see our D having a field day on Cousins in the passing game. If they try to use Cook like they did v. ATL, I'm confident we will shut that down. Might be seeing Goodson along with Martinez in some packages if that's the case. Our secondary is loaded with players unafraid to tackle in the run game, and they are equally adept ball hawks...

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I scored 20 yard line seats last night for Sundays Game, so book the W......call it luck or whatever, but I have never attended a game that the Packers have los......ok not completing that sentence for fear of jinxing things. :D

Carry a block of wood with you and keep knocking on it until the game is over!

Members online

Latest posts