Week 11: Packers @ Colts

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I just had the same thought a while ago. Their fans are much more upbeat and confident than our forum is imo. That’s a pretty excited fan base. They do have a lot of respect for Rodgers though. I was looking around at Coltsfreeks.com

I think there are some fans on this site, myself included, that are seeing the same experiment being conducted and not expecting different results. Until the Packers can go on the road against a high rated defense and not fold on rushing defense then I'm going to be less optimistic. Will "no team energy" be the new "did not maintain pad level"? The win against the Saints was a quality win but not the 49ers as they were depleted. Beat a healthy Colts team at Indy and it would make us as fans more upbeat.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to this game. Obviously, I don't know how I'll feel after. But I'm looking forward to watching it. A lot of people don't like Aikman (go for it no matter what) and ? but it means I get the game on TV most times with them, so don't mind at all.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to this game. Obviously, I don't know how I'll feel after. But I'm looking forward to watching it. A lot of people don't like Aikman (go for it no matter what) and ? but it means I get the game on TV most times with them, so don't mind at all.

Honestly the Fox crew last week was far worse, and finally we get a game without those two buffoons Meyers and Jennings calling it.

What it is is a lot of fans here have selective hearing when it comes to Buck and Aikman and have this notion that they're out to get the Packers when they call their games. Yet when you look around at other fans forums, many of them think they're the biggest Packer fans at FOX lol. That tells me a lot of fans just put bias on them where they want to put it because I'm certain they been accused of being Seahawk and 49er fans too.

I don't think they're biased at all, but they can get a bit monotonous at times.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be a good measuring stick for where the Packers really are.

Well, even if we lose 7-3 is still right in the mix. And I'd say by the end of next week it'll be at least 8-3 cuz the Bears are now stinking the joint up and will not be winning up in our house next Sunday night.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, in my opinion it doesn't make sense for Rodgers to pass on throwing to other receivers to target Tonyan or Sternberger. None of them has earned that by any means.

Tonight? Where are you....Austria? :cool::whistling:

Game starts at 10:25 pm here, you won't be able to trick me into believing Wisconsin is located in a different time zone :roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Well, even if we lose 7-3 is still right in the mix. And I'd say by the end of next week it'll be at least 8-3 cuz the Bears are now stinking the joint up and will not be winning up in our house next Sunday night.
The record isn't what I'm worried about. I'm talking about how the Packers look against a formidable opponent on the road. The last time the Packers were in that situation, they got pantsed.

I'm cool with losing a competitive game. But if it isn't even competitive, then that's a problem.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To elaborate on my initial comment, I'm not saying we should force the ball to Tonyan/Jace, or necessarily scheme them open. But in an offense where there is greater emphasis on the position than the outgoing system of McCarthy's, we are definitely underproducing.

With how much attention is paid to Adams in the passing game, someone else in this offense should be feasting on the leftovers. We don't have a single person we can really say is doing that, except maybe Lazard before he went out with an injury.

If Tonyan and Sternberger don't start showing some real promise, if Lewis were to retire, I wouldn't mind the Packers investing another draft pick in one of the top guys should they become available. I know some of you guys are high on Deguara, but to me he's just a FB.

D

Deleted member 6794

JK Scott arrived in Indianapolis in a private plane from Green Bay in time to punt in today's game.

D

Deleted member 6794

To elaborate on my initial comment, I'm not saying we should force the ball to Tonyan/Jace, or necessarily scheme them open. But in an offense where there is greater emphasis on the position than the outgoing system of McCarthy's, we are definitely underproducing.

With how much attention is paid to Adams in the passing game, someone else in this offense should be feasting on the leftovers. We don't have a single person we can really say is doing that, except maybe Lazard before he went out with an injury.

If Tonyan and Sternberger don't start showing some real promise, if Lewis were to retire, I wouldn't mind the Packers investing another draft pick in one of the top guys should they become available. I know some of you guys are high on Deguara, but to me he's just a FB.

I agree it would be great if the Packers received more production out of the tight end group but Sternberger and to a lesser degree Tonyan haven't performed at a level making me comfortable about them being capable of putting up decent numbers on a consistent basis even if being targeted more often.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it's MLF's heavy scheme that incorporates TEs more than MM did in the past, and it's not like we have 10 TEs on the roster like the Bears do. I have noticed that Lewis seems to make plays when he's in, but Tonyan and to a greater extent Jace, seem almost invisible in the offense.
Tonyan is top 12 in te in yards per game. More than cook or gronkowski

Target per game ton is 3.5 gronk is 4.9 cook is 4.5

Using them as a bench as we all know then and have been mentioned

https://fantasyfootballers.org/te-tight-end-nfl-stats/

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonyan is top 12 in te in yards per game. More than cook or gronkowski

Target per game ton is 3.5 gronk is 4.9 cook is 4.5

Using them as a bench as we all know then and have been mentioned

https://fantasyfootballers.org/te-tight-end-nfl-stats/

But if you take out his big game against Atlanta he doesn't look as good. The same thing we argue about MVS we can argue about Tonyan.

What "helps" Tonyan is that this is a down year for TEs for some strange reason, everyone is middle of the road except for Kelce.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But if you take out his big game against Atlanta he doesn't look as good. The same thing we argue about MVS we can argue about Tonyan.

What "helps" Tonyan is that this is a down year for TEs for some strange reason, everyone is middle of the road except for Kelce.
I hate the debate take out this play...then go thru every one and take out their huge games.

He did it and should be counted. And I never mentioned td

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did do it....but this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. If Tonyan continues to fail to produce, should we just hang our hats on his 2 week span of relevance? You guys didn't have the same amount of understanding for Jimmy Graham if I remember correctly, and he far outproduced Tonyan.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Ahem

Members online

Latest posts