Week 11: Packers @ Colts

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He did do it....but this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. If Tonyan continues to fail to produce, should we just hang our hats on his 2 week span of relevance? You guys didn't have the same amount of understanding for Jimmy Graham if I remember correctly, and he far outproduced Tonyan.
He seems to be off to a good start today. What’s the problem?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure that Gute would have given all that money to Preston Smith had he known that Pettine intended to use him as a very bad cornerback rather than a pass rusher.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He certainly shouldn't be covering TEs, though I have to wonder how that happens when Pettine is supposedly running dime defense out there.

Anyway

Studs: Offense tearing it up so far

Finally saw ESB show up on that one play, and Tonyan is a big matchup maker for us

Duds: the turnovers... but who'd have thought we'd have both those and 28 points

Defense... well they been pretty good against the run for once and haven't been burned by Hilton surprisingly

But missed assignments 2x on that Pittman guy though as well as the aforementioned P Smith covering Trey Burton. A big no no

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What kind of defense was that? They don't want to win this game. I have no faith in this team, right now. I think our defense is just bad. If we don't get turnovers, it seems we can't get stops.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or if they could simply line up and make a single yard to move the chains smh.

To be fair though, our run game has struggled on some of those key 3rd or 4th and short situations. I didn't necessarily mind throwing for it on 4th down since it is Rodgers doing it, but that play design was poor.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm more pissed off about spiking the ball at the 20ish with a 1st down and 45 seconds on the clock. The 2nd spike of the drive. Would have easily had tme for another end zone shot. Rodgers killed time b4 the 3rd down snap.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I know it is easy to play Monday morning QB, but it is also what we as fans get to do. I was really disappointed when the Packers decided to go for it on 4th and 1 instead of kick the game tying FG. It just seemed like a no brainer. Also, why are they allowing Shepherd to bring the ball out of the endzone. I understand when it doesn't make it and they have to return it, but the 25 is better than where he was getting it to. That special teams turnover was a killer. Our defense had been on the field the whole 3rd quarter because of 2 - 3 and outs. The Packers are a better team than the Colts, but you can't have 4 turnovers and realistically thing you're going to win the game.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or if they could simply line up and make a single yard to move the chains smh.
I actually wanted them to go for it. Didn't even mind throwing the ball. Just not that way. It looked like Rodgers had no plans. Williams stumbled, Rodgers got pressured and we just ruined it. Just bad design.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I actually wanted them to go for it. Didn't even mind throwing the ball. Just not that way. It looked like Rodgers had no plans. Williams stumbled, Rodgers got pressured and we just ruined it. Just bad design.

I just have to disagree on this one. There was a lot of time in the game left. Kick the game tying FG and play it out. That was a bad decision. Obviously, four turnovers did us in, but that was a bad coaching decision.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I'm more pissed off about spiking the ball at the 20ish with a 1st down and 45 seconds on the clock. The 2nd spike of the drive. Would have easily had tme for another end zone shot. Rodgers killed time b4 the 3rd down snap.

The first spike I understood but the second was questionable. Did the Packers not have a two plays called in the huddle or was it a sideline decision?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to put this in the books and...

#RunTheTable Again!!!

Well, maybe not quite though it feels like we got a good setup for it

We got the Bears plus four other dud teams we should be able to bury next, and then the Titans. I predicted we'd beat them before this season started though and I'm sticking by that. But anyway... 13-3 still feels very doable again.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is kind of hit and miss rat
That was a flaw of Favre also. Probably where Rodgers learned it. Really stupid.

Members online

Latest posts