Week 10 Sunday Vs Seahawks (Pregame and after game thread)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it is Aaron Rodgers, but I'm not a fan of walking into a game without a guy that saw the plan installed throughout the week. I could see a rather average start to this game...if not slow. Now that isn't to say it isn't possible that we hit ground running, Aaron is that good of a QB...time will tell.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The EARLIEST AR can be re-instated (and practicing with the team) is Saturday... not sure where to put the odds but he may not be available for the Seattle game. Fortunately it's a home game so no planes to coordinate IF he's good to go Sunday.

Russell Wilson pulled a "Reggie White miracle healing" and turned a 6 week recovery into 2 weeks so he'll be playing.

I love the way GB's Defense has kept both Murray & Mahomes contained and not running for miles... hopefully they keep the same mind-set & force Wilson to throw from inside the pocket, over our 6'-3" to 6'-5" front 5.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I know it is Aaron Rodgers, but I'm not a fan of walking into a game without a guy that saw the plan installed throughout the week. I could see a rather average start to this game...if not slow. Now that isn't to say it isn't possible that we hit ground running, Aaron is that good of a QB...time will tell.
I'd rather have Rodgers roll out of bed at 1:30, get to the stadium by 2 and go through pregame warmups and play before I'd let Jordan Love hit the field.

Rodgers will be available throughout the week via zoom and other methods to where he will virtually know what the game plan is, scripted plays, etc. I know it's not completely the same as physical installs throughout the week, but if Aaron Rodgers is available, it's a no brainer especially after what we saw Sunday from Love.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe our defense will come out flying again.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have Rodgers roll out of bed at 1:30, get to the stadium by 2 and go through pregame warmups and play before I'd let Jordan Love hit the field.

Rodgers will be available throughout the week via zoom and other methods to where he will virtually know what the game plan is, scripted plays, etc. I know it's not completely the same as physical installs throughout the week, but if Aaron Rodgers is available, it's a no brainer especially after what we saw Sunday from Love.

Don't take my posting as saying you shouldn't start Rodgers, that would be just as ignorant as many cementing predictions on Love's future off of one game. Rodgers starts Sunday 100%

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the procedure for the Packers' medical staff (I'm assuming they do this) to test Rodgers to see if he is recovered from COVID and can play? When can they first test him and how many times must he be negative to become activated?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the procedure for the Packers' medical staff (I'm assuming they do this) to test Rodgers to see if he is recovered from COVID and can play? When can they first test him and how many times must he be negative to become activated?

I am not 100% but I wouldn't be surprised if he was being tested all throughout this "time frame"

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not 100% but I wouldn't be surprised if he was being tested all throughout this "time frame"
Obviously, he will have to have a negative test the last 2 consecutive days of the 10 which are 24 hours apart.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bolded what I thought were the most important parts affecting AR's return. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ne-rules-explained/1efarozoadvh11vig3gtdctcdz

The NFL's COVID protocols are stricter than those for vaccinated players. They are as follows, per the NFL:
  • If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic.
  • Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be subject to a five-day quarantine period if they have close contact with an infected individual.
Unvaccinated players also have more procedures they must follow to avoid falling into COVID protocol. They include the following:
  • Unvaccinated individuals must be tested for COVID every day at the team facility. If a player misses even one day of testing, they will be required to test negative for COVID for five straight days before re-entering the facility. That's what happened to Cam Newton before the final week of the Patriots' preseason.
  • Unvaccinated free agents must also test negative for five consecutive days before being allowed to enter a team facility.
  • Unvaccinated players must wear masks at all times in the facility. They cannot gather in groups larger than three players and on the road "are prohibited from congregating, visiting or mingling with individuals outside of the traveling party once they have arrived in the game city."
  • Unvaccinated individuals are subject to fines if they break COVID protocols. This can include anything from failing to wear a mask in the facility or going to an indoor concert or house party with more than 15 people.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

You took the words right out of my mouth. The only reason Love will start on Sunday is if Rodgers is unavailable due to Covid or travel plans. If he is cleared on Saturday, the team will already be in Seattle, so he will have to travel on his own.

The NFL should inform him on Saturday that his Covid test was positive for no signs of covid or immunization and let him figure out what that means. :coffee:

Reaction score
I bolded what I thought were the most important parts affecting AR's return. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ne-rules-explained/1efarozoadvh11vig3gtdctcdz

The NFL's COVID protocols are stricter than those for vaccinated players. They are as follows, per the NFL:
  • If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic.
  • Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be subject to a five-day quarantine period if they have close contact with an infected individual.
Unvaccinated players also have more procedures they must follow to avoid falling into COVID protocol. They include the following:
  • Unvaccinated individuals must be tested for COVID every day at the team facility. If a player misses even one day of testing, they will be required to test negative for COVID for five straight days before re-entering the facility. That's what happened to Cam Newton before the final week of the Patriots' preseason.
  • Unvaccinated free agents must also test negative for five consecutive days before being allowed to enter a team facility.
  • Unvaccinated players must wear masks at all times in the facility. They cannot gather in groups larger than three players and on the road "are prohibited from congregating, visiting or mingling with individuals outside of the traveling party once they have arrived in the game city."
  • Unvaccinated individuals are subject to fines if they break COVID protocols. This can include anything from failing to wear a mask in the facility or going to an indoor concert or house party with more than 15 people.
What happens if your QB doesn’t test, walks around without a mask routinely, mingles with dozens of outside reporters while licking the microphone and light switches.. and and is the man of honor at a Halloween party of 30 persons Goblins and Witches? :coffee:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happens if your QB doesn’t test, walks around without a mask routinely, mingles with dozens of outside reporters while licking the microphone and light switches.. and and is the man of honor at a Halloween party of 30 persons Goblins and Witches? :coffee:
I don't know but it does not appear that anyone else on the team has been infected by him.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing the team and AR will be fined for not enforcing all of the protocols... I'm hoping AR pays ALL of the team & personal fines, but we'll see how magnanimous he's feeling.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
You talking Benkert?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes me want more life insurance after reading that. Reminds me of those idiots going around licking ice cream at grocery stores.

Getting back on track, Packers 14 Seachickens 13.02

Reaction score
You talking Benkert?
No. Not me. just if a friend of a friend needed to know. What would happen to that friend of a friend. I need to know. Ive got contests to win that rely on your answer.

Would friend of a friend play this Weekend?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That's funny. Occasionally, I catch Allen Lazards weekly FB show called "Clubhouse Live" and he always wears a mask when he first walks in, with another Packer player. I think all of the guests (other player) have been maskless. They both sit down at a table until the show gets into full swing. At that time he walks over to the main table, sits down and takes off his mask. When at that table he has a plexiglass divider between him and host.

So its good to see that Allen has at least been trying to follow protocol during that show.

Members online

Latest posts