1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We have a Signing... Thomas Gafford

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Something to offset the loss of the team from the Favre retirement. ;)

Seriously, it looks like another long tenure of a Packer player is passing.. Rob Davis has done us well.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080307/PKR01/803070603/1989

Packers sign long snapper

In a move that perhaps could mean the end for veteran Rob Davis, the Packers signed free-agent long snapper Thomas Gafford. The move was not announced by the team, but showed up on the transaction wire sent to NFL teams at the end of league business on Wednesday.

Gafford, who played collegiately at Houston, was with the Packers during the 2006 training camp. At the time, he was viewed as a potential replacement for Davis.

The Packers have not re-signed Davis, who has been their long snapper since 1997.

Davis has expressed an interest in returning for another season, but if he doesn't play, he likely would accept a position in the Packers' player development department. He assisted in that area last season while he was playing.

2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope Davis can stick around. Long snapper isn't as flashy as QB or WR, but he's more than paid his dues as a Packer.

3. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i think its awesome that hes stayin around

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    is gasfford a backup Center too or whats his story?

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    lol, "We have a signing?"

lol, we have takeoff!

6. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Gafford will be the first of "The ARod Generation!" just like guys like Sharpe, Freeman and Levens were for Favre. :D

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read an article last season that said Rob Davis is one of the team's locker room leaders. I would hate to lose both him and Favre in the same year. Maybe Gafford was signed more as insurance, in case Davis struggles in training camp.

8. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If this is the end of Davis' career as a player I wouldn't expect him to not be around. I remember reading the stuff below a while back

9. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Superbowl.