Was the GB crowd actually booing the home team during the game?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
sorry that I am not a "true fan" maybe I should just rip off the tattoo I have had since 95..Really?? thats just as ignorant as booing

but if I am not happy at what I see on the field, I will let it be known..

I get the idea that it might discourage them and it might be true. But up until half, we all were pissed at their play...And I bet lot of you were cussing at them...

Some may have have been in their houses, or at a bar, or at the stadium...

Wetwilly600

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game. Section 114. I might have heard some booing after the hail mary, but honestly everyone there up until the giants went up 37-20 were all supportive. Deep into the fourth you could hear go pack go. We were all screaming at the top of our voices when the defense was on the field. They had a bad game. It sucks it had to happen in the playoffs, but the reason they lost was not lack of support.

I know personally everyone around me was high fiving and screaming when anything even remotely happened that was good for the pack. Got some great pictures too.

Reaction score
I have no problem with the fans booing them as they left the field at halftime. That Hail Mary was inexcusable. Should the fans have been cheering that effort?

The fans were behind them completely in the second half.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was at the game. Section 114. I might have heard some booing after the hail mary, but honestly everyone there up until the giants went up 37-20 were all supportive. Deep into the fourth you could hear go pack go. We were all screaming at the top of our voices when the defense was on the field. They had a bad game. It sucks it had to happen in the playoffs, but the reason they lost was not lack of support.

I know personally everyone around me was high fiving and screaming when anything even remotely happened that was good for the pack. Got some great pictures too.

And that ^^ would have been me exactly..No where did I say I would have boo'd every play..It was the hail mary when I heard the boos as well and that is WHEN I would have boo'd

I still would have lost my voice from screaming on top of my lungs every time the Giants had the ball...

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't weigh in on what others should/should not do. I'll just say I would never do it. Ever. If the Packers are struggling, it feels like I'm watching someone I love struggle. If I'm watching someone I love struggle, I don't boo them. It's not just not helpful...it's discouraging.
Preach it sister!

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That hail mary being completed was one of the dumbest things i'd ever seen take place on a football field. I woulda booed.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much did boo'ing them before halftime help them in the 3rd quarter?

Before halftime they must've been booing the defense for the hail mary. That's worthy of booing - the worst play in team history, IMO (even worse than 4th and 26). Then the defense actually came out and played well the 3rd quarter - shut down the Giants the entire quarter.

The team deserved to be booed in the second half. Just a disgraceful performance from a 15-1 team at home. If you don't want to be booed, then play better. Pretty simple. Vince Lombardi would have been totally ashamed of this team.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're making a generalization. I'll still put true Packers fans up against any other fans, any day of the week. Not all, and hopefully not the majority of the fans in attendance were booing. Personally, anyone who boos a team for a loss after a 15-1 season, no matter how painful it was too watch, in my opinion is not that great of a fan.

I don't buy the whole, "I paid for a ticket, so I have the right to boo" line. Sure, everyone has the right to boo, but true fans won't and instead would be grateful for the opportunity, no matter how disappointing the loss was. It's called supporting your team and the players. If we as fans were disappointed, how do you think our players felt? IMO, they had a heck of a lot more riding on that game then we as fans did.

I practically sold blood last year to go to the Super Bowl. The whole time I knew it would be an uphill struggle for The Pack, but damn it, I was going to support my team and regardless of the outcome, be happy with the fact they made it so far. Fortunately, we were on the winning end.

This season was also incredible and a record setting year. So what, we didn't make it to the Super Bowl. It happens to every team but one, every year. Personally, I'm proud of what The Pack accomplished this year, and hopefully they build on it and do it again next season.

Perhaps people need to look back and see what the records of the 70's and 80's were. Fans then, including me, would drool for the opportunity to watch the team play like they did this season. I think it is true that when a team wins regularly, people get spoiled an expect it regularly. The booing, I believe proves it.

In the end though, for me, it's the Green Bay Packers come hell, or high water. I'll watch them and cheer for them no matter what the score on the board is, because in the end they're my team, they're the Green Bay Packers and that's what Packers fans do. And just think, it's only about eight months until the next kick off and it's GO PACK GO!!!, all over again. Green Bay Packers, next seasons Super Bowl champs.... well I'm hoping!

GO PACK GO!!!
Great response.
You should get more thumbs up for it.

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry that I am not a "true fan" maybe I should just rip off the tattoo I have had since 95..Really?? thats just as ignorant as booing

I get the idea that it might discourage them and it might be true. But up until half, we all were pissed at their play...And I bet lot of you were cussing at them...

No, you shouldn't rip off your tattoo. Bad *** tats need to remain, but the boo's need to go. I don't question your loyalty to the Packers, but I do question your judgment/actions with regard to boo'ing our team. You've been a fan since the 70's and suffered through the bad years, so I know you understand the meaning of terrible seasons.

If the Packers in the 70's or 80's had a similar record and playoff result, do you think they would have been boo'd? I don't. I think they would have been heralded for the incredible feats they had accomplished and thanked for putting forth such a great effort.

We can agree to disagree, but bad *** tats or not, true fans while far from being happy about the play, should not be booing their team. Those boo's were audible on the TV, well on my computer since we don't have TV here. Not only were they audible, but it made the Packers faithful, look not so faithful. Moreover, it made the Packers fans look/sound like chumps.

Your team goes 15-1 and then receives boo's because they had a bad loss. That's the kind of stuff I expect out of Patriots, Bears and Browns fans. Let me ask, after Detroit got their thumping, did you here Lions fans booing? No, you heard them happy because they finally had a decent season, which reinforces my belief that too much winning, while it's awesome, spoils people.

When I left the playoff game against Chicago last season, Chicago fans were burning Cutlers jersey in the parking lot. Not that Bears fans need any help looking (or smelling) bad, but those jersey burners made their fellow fans look like fair weather bozo's. The people who exercised their right to boo at the Packers game accomplished the same us. Now others can say Packers fans only bleed green and gold when it's convenient.

As for cussing, sure. We all, including the players and coaches, let out gasps of awe when great plays happen and kick the rocks and cuss when bad plays happen. However, actively engaging in booing is an act that is directed at your team and its players. In reality, it's an insult directed towards the people who you are supposed to be supporting.

Does anyone think that boo'ing actually helped the situation? Well, as you stated, it might discourage them (the players). So then why do it? I imagine the players already felt like crud before the help of the boo's. Why do something that is not helping out your team? In the end, there's a reason the Lambeau Leap was invented in Green Bay. It is because a bond exists there between the players and fans unlike anywhere else in professional sports. Well, at least it did.

While that game was lost, what could have been won was the ability to show the world that the Packers fans are indeed unlike any other fan base. The world could have witnessed how awesome Packers fans are because when most other fans would have forgotten the incredible season and resulted to boo'ing, Packers fans would cheer and encourage their team. The players would have been cheered on for the 15 wins they had, for the records they broke and for the seasons yet to come. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Instead, we boo'd our players, insulted them and opened the door for others to accuse us of being as fair weather as Bears fans.

IMO, that's not what being a Packers fan is about. IMO, being a Packers fan is about pulling for your Green Bay Packers, when they're good or not so good.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those Packer fans who booed were very passionate about the team, I think, and had high expectations. And why shouldn't they? We are the Green Bay Packers, with a record 13 NFL Championships. We are not some joke team like the Bills or Browns, who would be happy to just make the playoffs. No, we expect championships, especially when we go 15-1.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No, you shouldn't rip off your tattoo. Bad *** tats need to remain, but the boo's need to go. I don't question your loyalty to the Packers, but I do question your judgment/actions with regard to boo'ing our team. You've been a fan since the 70's and suffered through the bad years, so I know you understand the meaning of terrible seasons.

If the Packers in the 70's or 80's had a similar record and playoff result, do you think they would have been boo'd? I don't. I think they would have been heralded for the incredible feats they had accomplished and thanked for putting forth such a great effort.

We can agree to disagree, but bad *** tats or not, true fans while far from being happy about the play, should not be booing their team. Those boo's were audible on the TV, well on my computer since we don't have TV here. Not only were they audible, but it made the Packers faithful, look not so faithful. Moreover, it made the Packers fans look/sound like chumps.

Your team goes 15-1 and then receives boo's because they had a bad loss. That's the kind of stuff I expect out of Patriots, Bears and Browns fans. Let me ask, after Detroit got their thumping, did you here Lions fans booing? No, you heard them happy because they finally had a decent season, which reinforces my belief that too much winning, while it's awesome, spoils people.

When I left the playoff game against Chicago last season, Chicago fans were burning Cutlers jersey in the parking lot. Not that Bears fans need any help looking (or smelling) bad, but those jersey burners made their fellow fans look like fair weather bozo's. The people who exercised their right to boo at the Packers game accomplished the same us. Now others can say Packers fans only bleed green and gold when it's convenient.

As for cussing, sure. We all, including the players and coaches, let out gasps of awe when great plays happen and kick the rocks and cuss when bad plays happen. However, actively engaging in booing is an act that is directed at your team and its players. In reality, it's an insult directed towards the people who you are supposed to be supporting.

Does anyone think that boo'ing actually helped the situation? Well, as you stated, it might discourage them (the players). So then why do it? I imagine the players already felt like crud before the help of the boo's. Why do something that is not helping out your team? In the end, there's a reason the Lambeau Leap was invented in Green Bay. It is because a bond exists there between the players and fans unlike anywhere else in professional sports. Well, at least it did.

While that game was lost, what could have been won was the ability to show the world that the Packers fans are indeed unlike any other fan base. The world could have witnessed how awesome Packers fans are because when most other fans would have forgotten the incredible season and resulted to boo'ing, Packers fans would cheer and encourage their team. The players would have been cheered on for the 15 wins they had, for the records they broke and for the seasons yet to come. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Instead, we boo'd our players, insulted them and opened the door for others to accuse us of being as fair weather as Bears fans.

IMO, that's not what being a Packers fan is about. IMO, being a Packers fan is about pulling for your Green Bay Packers, when they're good or not so good.

Then we just differ on how to accept a bad play..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were "Kuuuuhning" at first, then they were "Cruuuuuuuzing" next, and before long the fans deservedly booed the home team. You don't go 15-1 and then play your most terrible game in front of your own fans. I hope those boos echo in the dreams of that entire team and staff during the off-season.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

Given how much free time you devote to supporting this team, nobody could seriously doubt your loyalty/commitment to it. I sure would not.

I guess we all just have different styles...I suppose I just believe in the encouraging approach. They've given me so much to be proud of, so much to enjoy - when I don't get what I want out of them (like on Sunday - execution, a great effort) I'm more sad for them than angry at them.

This could be because I'm a performer on a smaller scale; I've never been booed, but I've had an uncharacteristically bad performance due to circumstances I couldn't control (band counted off a tempo too fast, an under-rehearsed tune where the groove was right in run-through and screwed completely up by the drummer when the lights came on) and I've had a couple of bad performances from just plain nerves. I can tell you - booing would NOT have helped me. LOL

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Really?? Booing, If I'd have been there and some guy next to me started Booing my beer would have accidentally spilled. How do you boo your team because they have one bad game? You boo this team you need to become a Giants fan.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If you are a fan of a team and you pay good money to watch that team, you spend money on merchandise, you sit around and spend your time to watch the game. You are essentially voting in support of what the team and the organizations is doing.

If I shell out money to go to a game, or I buy a Jersey, or I invite 10 friends over to my house and buy tons of food to watch the game and they put a garbage product on the field, not only is it well within my right to boo and voice displeasure, it's almost an obligation.

I'm voicing my disapproval for what I pay for is doing with my money and my vote of confidence. There is nothing wrong with it and in fact I'm surprised more people don't.

It's no different than cheering. You are giving your vote of confidence and voice your pleasure with what they are doing.

Your defense gives up a hail mary or your defense stops a team on 3rd and short. You cheer you boo, either way you are essentially voting.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans today are more impatient, less well-mannered. Just like society overall. I don't know any team that wouldn't boo in some situations (a few of the fans).
I don't like it either, but the way that they kept fumbling and dropping passes, and in the 1st half on defense allow CONSTANT 3rd down conversions time & time again from the opening drive was SICKENING.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Fans today are more impatient, less well-mannered. Just like society overall. I don't know any team that wouldn't boo in some situations (a few of the fans).
I don't like it either, but the way that they kept fumbling and dropping passes, and in the 1st half on defense allow CONSTANT 3rd down conversions time & time again from the opening drive was SICKENING.
That's football, that's life, sometimes you have an off day. Last week we had a thread about how "Classy" Packer fans are. Booing is for low lifes and NFC east fans.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
That's football, that's life, sometimes you have an off day. Last week we had a thread about how "Classy" Packer fans are. Booing is for low lifes and NFC east fans.

Booing a sports team is not indicative of a lack of class. Not in the slightest.

Throwing snowballs at Santa Claus, getting up and leaving the stadium during a game, starting fights in the stands. That's classless.

12theTruth

I've been to three games at Lambeau. I've never booed my team and I never would. Me and my friends would boo calls by the refs we thought to be a buch of bologna.

What other's do is up to them. I'm more upset about all the fans who allowed the Giants fans to make a real big presence numbers wise by selling their tickets.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I would have stayed till after the end, and gave the team a standing ovation as they ran back in tunnel even if I would have bo'od the hail mary play

Reaction score
I don't think the fans were booing the Packers team. They 1000% support their team through thick and thin. They were booing the lack of effort on the last play of the half. When the 2nd half started everyone was back cheering the team back on. I was sitting at home and when the Hail Mary was completed and I heard the fans booing I said they should be booing that effort. I go to games every year at Lambeau and I have never boo'd the team. I really can't say if I would have boo'd if I was there. I may have but I know this like longtimefan said I would have stayed till the end and gave them a standing ovation for a great season. Believe me those players knew why the fans were booing. They should have used that as motivation.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Thanks, now I know what you think of me
Ok, maybe Low Life is too strong a word but why would you boo a team that brought home the Lombardi, has been on a run for a year and is just having a real bad day. What kind of fan loyalty is that? That you are only with them when they are good but if they screw up one day you are going to make their day even worse. Is that what Packer Fans are about? Not in my book.

Members online

Latest posts