Vikings studs and Duds official

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of expecting perfection, I didn't find much overall to complain about coaching in this game. Maybe MM told Adams not to make the dagger play?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Run the ball twice to burn their TOs. They took 1:15 on their final drive to tie. Clock probably would have run out on them if they had no timeouts.
Hindsight... we should have, and almost did score on both of those plays. Would you still be complaining if one of those had been a TD?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's about how it felt. Felt like we had that game, we won, then we didn't. Then I felt lucky it was a tie

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Run the ball twice to burn their TOs. They took 1:15 on their final drive to tie. Clock probably would have run out on them if they had no timeouts.
and when he does that, we say he's too conservative. Adams could have caught that ball. Not going to bust his balls, it was tough, but he could have. and He probably does more often than not. Game over. Except it wasn't.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were lucky to get out of that game with a tie. Except for the fact that we should have won.
It reminded me a lot of the NFCCG with Seattle. Had to settle for too many field goals instead of touchdowns.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What should he have done diff

MM can't win. He gets lambasted from one side when he tries to run out the clock and he gets hammered by the other when he tries to put the game away. Personally I would have run the ball at least once more after the Clinton-Dix INT but I can see trying to seal the game with a first down. Besides, it sounds like Adams was the one who dropped the ball on one of the plays had he caught it it wouldn't be an issue. Can't pin that on MM. Two runs though would have burned the vikings last 2 timeouts.

I'm not going to criticize MM on this series and I was trying to follow the game listening to WTMJ streaming and following on NFL.com game center so I couldn't get a feel for the rest of his play calling. Suffice to say having to settle for 6 FG attempts means someone was not coming through.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Been a long time lurker. I wanted to say it was an exciting game and it was atleast entertaining both ways.
The refs really blew this entire game. I know you guys are mad about the RTP penalty but they called one against us too that lead to points for you guys. It was almost identical. Both plays were horrible and I hope the NFL sorts it out. However, I am glad it was called evenly.

To even compare the impact of the two calls is ridiculous. The Vikings one happened on a first and 10 where the Vikings already had a penalty. It would
Been 1st and 5. It essential gave the packers 10 extra yards but didn't keep a drive alive. The Vikings would have lost. Game over. It wiped out a terrible throw.

The bad roughing call on the Vikings wasn't even as terrible no call on Graham' the terrible call on devante or the holding calling on Taylor when the Viking guy tripped and lane smothered him. It was a bad call for sure but the impact was so incredibly different

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poorly officiated game, but let's be honest. We had multiple chances to put this game away. Finish one drive in the 4th instead of coming away with 3 every time -- couldn't do it. Just keep them out of the endzone with 30 seconds left -- couldn't do it. Just stop a 2 point conversion -- couldn't do it. Make a game winning FG -- couldn't do it. Don't go backwards when you're 2nd and 1 in FG range in overtime -- couldn't do it. We had many, many chances to win this game without putting it at risk of a ticky tack roughing call and we did not get it done. We should just be grateful that their kicker at least sent everyone home unhappy and not just our side.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Pretty much the whole defense. Alexander in particular.
Adams, Montgomery.

Duds: It's hard to say the whole offense. They made some good plays and some and some not so good plays.
I would include Matthews for his roughing the passer play but we got one going for us earlier in the game.

I think the officiating was a dud.

Honestly I'm not sure what to think after this game. We didn't lose, but we didn't win either. :confused:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Run defense. Vikings didn't get anything going most of the game
Bahk. He is the best. He had a penalty sure but he is so good
Adams. After that early drop he won the match up with Rhodes
Graham. Showed what he brings
Rodgers. Even without one leg he should have beat what is supposed to be an elite defense

Duds
House. Shouldn't have a job
Brice. Some bad plays late after being solid early.
Clock management

A category all to themselves
The refs

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we fix our corners and now our safetys are garbage.

We need to get safetys and dump Mathews and get someone who can actually play edge.

Adams had a few key drops.

Rodgers and McCarthy for not taking advantage of the late int and not llforcing the Vikings to use their time outs

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Packer beat writers, who are now going to save a ton of time around the holidays this year not having to research and explain complicated tiebreaker scenarios.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was trying to follow the game listening to WTMJ streaming
No TV broadcast here so I was also listening to a radio stream. I like the Packer broadcast team, but every time there's a tight game like this, their homeboy natures mess with me. Like when Clinton-Dix intercepted the ball in the fourth quarter, one of them yelled "AND THERE'S THE DAGGER!". That made me happy because I figured I must have misunderstood how much time was left on the clock and how many timeouts the Vikings had. I soon realized the game wasn't over at all, and that was nowhere near a dagger.

And on the field goal to win, they yelled "IT'S GOOD! Wait, it's no good". It's like they tell me what I want to hear, and then they yank it away. They've burned me like this so many times before I'm surprised I still believe them. They also said several times "Minnesota is the best team in the NFC, there is no doubt about that". I'm sure there are several other teams in the NFC that might have something to say about that.

I just hope Rodgers is healthy when we play the Vikings in November.

Vikesfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So a roughing the passer where you got 15 yards had no bearing on the game?
Come on, I can point to the numerous holding calls on the outside that went uncalled. Thats why I said the officiating was horrible for both teams. The difference is our ST was so bad it kept you guys in the game.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So a roughing the passer on 3rd down had no bearing on the game?
Come on, I can point to the numerous holding calls on the outside that went uncalled. Thats why I said the officiating was horrible for both teams. The difference is our ST was so bad it kept you guys in the game.

You one of many viking fan I have head claim that it was on third down. It wasn't. It was first and ten and on a free play bc the Vikings had jumped offside. So it would have been 1st and 5 just 10 yards back.

And the beautiful I noticed holding calls that were missed on the outside. Really?

Vikesfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are correct. I fixed it. Still you had 0 times outs and drove for a FG. To say that the extra 10 yards had no bearing on the game is silly. You got the call, you should expect to have it called against you as well. They played it fairly and I don't see how you have a leg to stand on with that penalty.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are correct. I fixed it. Still you had 0 times outs and drove for a FG. To say that the extra 10 yards had no bearing on the game is silly. You got the call, you should expect to have it called against you as well. They played it fairly and I don't see how you have a leg to stand on with that penalty.

I wont argue with a viking fan on a packer message board. I have learned how fruitless it is. The Packers were in field goal range with plenty of time if you watch that series. The 10 yards helped but I don't think they are equal to a game ending int. Sorry but we can agree to disagree

Members online

No members online now.