Vikings losing 2 out of 3???

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we will need to win the rest of our games to have any chance to make the playoffs... but what are the chances that Minnesota plays themselves out of contention?

They have looked horrible tonight... which two games look like the best for them to lose?

Miami
@Detroit
Chicago

Will be very interesting if they can hold off and make the playoffs. Next weeks game vs the Bears will determine if we even still have a chance.

Will still need a couple other teams to lose one more game as well, but each of those teams have definite loss possibilities on their schedule. Carolina with 2 games vs the Saints, Philadelphia has the Rams. Both the Rams and Saints are fighting over home field advantage so all those games will be hotly contested. Washington needs to win out with their 4th QB this year and are in deep trouble.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching how both teams played tonight disgusts me how we lost to both of them.

Kirk played to how we all knew he would play like and Wilson threw for 0 TDs.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we saw with this week if you take care of your own business things tend to work out. Every single thing that had to be checked off the list this week was.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Focus on the Bears

Honestly have never understood this sentiment with fans. With players and coaches sure. But as a fan why cant I look ahead? Will it affect the Packer's performance or my performance as a fan? Fans speculate all the time. That is pretty much what a message board is for

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I think the only saving grace we have is that there isnti much tape on Philbin calling plays and managing a game. This is could benefit us...maybe lol

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we will need to win the rest of our games to have any chance to make the playoffs... but what are the chances that Minnesota plays themselves out of contention?

They have looked horrible tonight... which two games look like the best for them to lose?

Miami
@Detroit
Chicago

Will be very interesting if they can hold off and make the playoffs. Next weeks game vs the Bears will determine if we even still have a chance.

Will still need a couple other teams to lose one more game as well, but each of those teams have definite loss possibilities on their schedule. Carolina with 2 games vs the Saints, Philadelphia has the Rams. Both the Rams and Saints are fighting over home field advantage so all those games will be hotly contested. Washington needs to win out with their 4th QB this year and are in deep trouble.

The two most unlikely are obviously GB winning out and Minnesota losing 2 of 3. I actually think Green Bay winning out is the least likely option. Hopefully Sunday proves me wrong. Just trying to imagine our oline block that defensive front. The next two are definitely winnable but this is the same Packers team that lost to Arizona. At the same time I could easily see the Vikings losing 2 of 3. The Dolphins game is a toss up right now. Honestly, on the road at Detroit will be a close game the way that offense is playing. Then you obviously have the Bears. Hopefully the Bears are still playing for something that last week.

This is all just so frustrating considering how they blew the Arizona game, the Seahawks game, that first Vikings game, the Rams game, etc.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Focus on the Bears
I am focusing on Rodgers getting out of the Bears game alive. Take a look at the brand new GB offensive line matched against what we saw from the Bears rushing Sunday nite. We could find ourselves at the Alamo.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it could happen with a little luck...but bears have to be motivated in that last game.
The bears will have the division wrapped up hopefully Dallas keeps winning so they can keep fight for the 3 seed and not resting any starters against the Vikings if everything goes the way it should by week 17

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it could happen with a little luck...but bears have to be motivated in that last game.

Unfortunately bears may be motivated to lose that final game to the Vikings so as to allow the Vikings into the playoffs and keep Aaron Rodgers out. Because I'm 100% sure they'd rather have the possibility to face Kirk cousins than Rodgers in the playoffs

D

Deleted member 6794

It's possible the Vikings end up losing two of their next three games. The Packers winning at Chicago on Sunday could force the Bears to use their starters in week 17. Geez, if we would have only won against Minnesota in week 2, would make it that much easier to make it to the postseason.

CS1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota is minus 8.5 vs Miami...but you never know. Dolphins always play hard, and they're fighting for their playoff lives.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way they lose to the Bears because the Bears are cowards and will do anything to try keeping the Pack out of the playoffs (cough 2010 cough)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bears will have the division wrapped up hopefully Dallas keeps winning so they can keep fight for the 3 seed and not resting any starters against the Vikings if everything goes the way it should by week 17

That's the key. Will the Bears have something to play for week 17, or will they rest starters for the playoffs the next week?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible the Vikings end up losing two of their next three games. The Packers winning at Chicago on Sunday could force the Bears to use their starters in week 17. Geez, if we would have only won against Minnesota in week 2, would make it that much easier to make it to the postseason.

Of all the games we'll look back and shake our heads and lament about, that first Vikings game was the killer.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We did win in week 2. It ended with a game clinching interception and the NFL and refs decided that wasn't the proper ending and made a game stealing decision to take that W away.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We did win in week 2. It ended with a game clinching interception and the NFL and refs decided that wasn't the proper ending and made a game stealing decision to take that W away.

I'll go you one better from that game. The Graham touchdown catch that would have made it 24 to 7. Wiped out by a phantom holding call and we settle for 3.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If that overrated John DiFilippo calls plays as bad as he did last night, they will lose to both Miami and Detroit.

Oh yes, he is the lousiest OC ever.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It is frustrating to need so much help to make the playoffs in a year where the wild card in the NFC is so bad. It is equally as frustrating because there are so many games it feels like we just blew (and I know the Chicago and SF games we were lucky to win). You could argue Crosby alone is responsible for 2 losses and a 3rd that would have went to OT with missing one at the end of regulation against the Vikings, the Detroit debacle and then Arizona. Maybe Ty saved him from a fourth game with his fumble. Throw in the Seahawks game and it is just been a season of finding brutal ways to lose and then watching no one run away with the playoffs has led to so many "what ifs."

I dont blame McCarthy for all the losses but we saw this week and we have seen in other sports a coaching change can spark a team just a bit. I wonder if that 3 game stretch of Seattle, Minnesota, Arizona would have played out differently if McCarthy would have been fired earlier. I guess it couldnt have played out any worse

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the games we'll look back and shake our heads and lament about, that first Vikings game was the killer.

I mean I get that but at the same time had they won the Rams game or the Seahawks or that first detroit game arizona any single one of the games that they kind of f'd up they'd be in great position right now to get in the tournament. As is I think they have a decent shot. They just gotta win and I think the rest will work itself out. The Vikings could easily lose all 3 of these games who knows they don't seem to be playing well at all

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should have beaten Arizona last week. That was a game at home where it should have been an Easy Win. They blew that one playing a 3 win team in a stadium where we rarely lose at home. Had we won that were in the drivers seat or close to it for that final wildcard spot.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That might depend on who the #1 seed is. Assuming they win the WC round who would they rather play in the divisional round, the Saints or the Rams. I'm still hoping that either of those two teams (the Saints preferably) drops a couple more so the Bears might be playing for a bye. Its too late for wins and losses to affect the Saints draft pick so we need to hope they lose as soon as possible in the playoffs.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that overrated John DiFilippo calls plays as bad as he did last night, they will lose to both Miami and Detroit.

Oh yes, he is the lousiest OC ever.

Ain't gonna happen now. Be careful about what you say about him. That lousiest OC ever might be our next HC.

Members online

Latest posts