Vikings Cardinals Do we...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is beatable, if GB is playing to their capablility, regardless of what the other teams do, I'm not worried about any of them. If we can't get some momentum on offense, none of it matters anyway. We may squeak out a victory or 2 to end the year and maybe a playoff game, but that' would be it. I don't care what anybody else does this year, GB just needs to find rhythm on offense and maintain the rest and we'll be fine.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more things you need to go right, the more things you have wrong, the more you have to overcome vs certain opponents, the less your chance of success. This team- for two months now- has given little to no indication they'll be turning anything around.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What needs to happen so we play the Vikings back to back? I think that's our best scenario.

Quite plausible actually.

If we win the NFC North and seeded #3 behind Carolina and Arizona and the Vikings are #6 behind NFC East winner and Seattle......the Queens would come back to Green Bay in the first round of the Playoffs.

If the playoffs started Sunday, we would be hosting the Seahags. But given the remaining schedules of GB, MN and SE as well as the way they have been playing.....Packers hosting the Vikings first round would be a good Vegas bet.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They haven't turned it around, but they have, at times showed what they can do. They need to do the little things on every play, not just stretches of games. Our Oline has been very much below their standard this year, but they have shown in stretches they can keep Rodgers safely in a pocket. Consistency will go a long ways in helping this team.

Is Eddie back in it mentally? ripping off back to back 100 yard games showed me he can easily be what what he was. Will he? Consistency, I'm not sold they will, but I know they can.

The defense is plenty good to go all the way.

I think the WR's still have work to do, but I do see more effort lately from that group and if Abbrederis and Montgomery can get on the field and stay there, I think enough is going to change and we'll see the entire group elevate. They finally started throwing passes to Rodgers running down field and using his hands to catch a ball rather than a pass 2 yards behind the LOS with him running laterally. Hopefully that continues. A few more first downs, a few less dropped balls, a little more effort on routes and our sputtering offense will show a lot more life.

I've seen pieces of what we need done, but they need to do it consistently and they need to put it all together

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I think enough is going to change and we'll see the entire group elevate.

I agree with you Mondio and I think the second part of that is what has most of us hopeful in regards to the offense and thus the potential of the team. We are 8-4 with an offense that really has nowhere to go but up. Now if we were 8-4, lost games to Detroit and Chicago and our offense was playing at its highest level against them when we did, I would actually be more concerned.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite plausible actually.

If we win the NFC North and seeded #3 behind Carolina and Arizona and the Vikings are #6 behind NFC East winner and Seattle......the Queens would come back to Green Bay in the first round of the Playoffs.

If the playoffs started Sunday, we would be hosting the Seahags. But given the remaining schedules of GB, MN and SE as well as the way they have been playing.....Packers hosting the Vikings first round would be a good Vegas bet.
Really, really do not want to play Seattle this time around.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Really, really do not want to play Seattle this time around.

I would be fine with hosting the Seahags for the NFC Championship game and extracting some payback for the Fail Mary as well as last years NFCC loss. Oh and seeing Pete Carroll's smugless face walking off the field at the end of the game......that would be priceless. :coffee:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be fine with hosting the Seahags for the NFC Championship game and extracting some payback for the Fail Mary as well as last years NFCC loss. Oh and seeing Pete Carroll's smugless face walking off the field at the end of the game......that would be priceless. :coffee:
It would be the ultimate revenge. I'd be down with it just for the hype and excitement, but Wilson is playing out of his mind right now. They are looking scary good, but let's see if they keep it up.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we should return the trophy we won in 2010????

We needed a fair amount to go our way simply to make the playoffs so what your saying makes no sense.

How bout the Patriots? I feel like the Packers would've beaten them so does that mean they got lucky and arent worthy because we didn't make it out if Seattle?

ANY team that wins the SB is worthy. It makes ZERO difference how it happens. Get in the playoffs, get hot and make a rune. That's our goal the same as any teams in the league.

Doesn't matter who played who. All that matters is beating the team that you played.

What?

Maybe I explained incorrectly. What I meant was...

To me, as a super bowl champion you should be able to beat anyone that comes in the playoffs. They don't need to hope for one team, or pray they don't get another.

Granted some teams can prey upon your weakness more than others. But honestly I don't care if we play the Seahawks and Arizona consecutively. You have to beat the best to be the best. And if you can't, do you really deserve the title?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It would be the ultimate revenge. I'd be down with it just for the hype and excitement, but Wilson is playing out of his mind right now. They are looking scary good, but let's see if they keep it up.

Bottom line, Packers need to get equally as hot in order to go anywhere in the playoffs and they control home field on Seattle as of now. That is the one stadium I would not like to have to travel to but playing them in GB, I will be fine with that.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not exactly sure im sold on the defense yet. They remind me of the 2009 Packers defense. Rated top 7 in scoring, but only because of how well they prey on bad teams.

To me they were wildly inconsistent regardless of that ranking (same as this one so far IMO). And ended up giving up 51 to Arizona and being booted out of the playoffs.

The jury is still out for me that this team can hold a good offense under 30.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree to some extent that our Defense hasn't been tested lately by a really good offense but......what they have showed on the field as of late is encouraging. Also, keep in mind that our offense is not helping out much when it comes to keeping our defense off the field for extended periods of time. If our offense gets going, this can only help the Defense (as long as we don't have a big lead and Capers goes into prevent defense mode).

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree to some extent that our Defense hasn't been tested lately by a really good offense but......what they have showed on the field as of late is encouraging. Also, keep in mind that our offense is not helping out much when it comes to keeping our defense off the field for extended periods of time. If our offense gets going, this can only help the Defense (as long as we don't have a big lead and Capers goes into prevent defense mode).

Ohh I agree 100%, and that's why I am not ruling that they are garbage either. They kept us in the game last week for sure.

Just saying I'm not ready to say they are a super bowl caliber defense yet either.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohh I agree 100%, and that's why I am not ruling that they are garbage either. They kept us in the game last week for sure.

Just saying I'm not ready to say they are a super bowl caliber defense yet either.
They're as good as any defense out there. The only thing that separates us and Seattle is they're allowed to absolutely mug the **** out of every single receiver they face at every single level of the defense and never get called for it. The things I see them get away with every game is appalling that people even legitimately call them a good defense.

Maybe we should have our Dlinemen start committing all these presnap penalties so they they won't flag us so much on the back end??? I don't get it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The sad part for me, as one of the "boy, have we wasted a bunch of opportunities" guy, is that, if you'd have shown me just the defensive play this year, I'd feel the team was a lock for the SB. After viewing the offense, however...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're as good as any defense out there??? Uhhh....no.
why not? because they had a bad game this year? other than maybe 2 or 3 teams out there, I wouldn't even consider trading defenses with those teams. How bad do you think this defense is?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why not? because they had a bad game this year? other than maybe 2 or 3 teams out there, I wouldn't even consider trading defenses with those teams. How bad do you think this defense is?

Very inconsistent, comes up small too many times in big situations, outside of Matthews, no elite playmakers that other teams fear. Never said they're bad, just not great, and not as good as you seem to think.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're as good as any defense out there. The only thing that separates us and Seattle is they're allowed to absolutely mug the **** out of every single receiver they face at every single level of the defense and never get called for it. The things I see them get away with every game is appalling that people even legitimately call them a good defense.

Maybe we should have our Dlinemen start committing all these presnap penalties so they they won't flag us so much on the back end??? I don't get it.

I don't believe this at all... I can name 5 defenses off the top of my head that are better.

Just from an eye test.

Denver
Seattle
Carolina
Cincinnati
Arizona

Bad game... Is that joke?
Packers Defense

Chargers 548 yards
Denver 500 yards
Carolina 427 yards

That's not one bad game.... And lets be honest since then they have played cupcake teams in the bottom of team offense.

Bears 20th
Lions 21st
Vikings 19th

That doesn't make you good. That just means you beat up on scrublets. Which isn't an amazing accomplishment.

I'm not saying this defense is horrible, Im just saying PROVE IT. Against a good team. Shut them down. That's why i am holding judgement till the Arizona game. They hold them under 300 yards, under 20 points... Then Im all aboard the Packers Defensive train.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh god, go ahead and break down Seattles defensive games. Just do it for fun, use points per game too, just for fun. and if they were allowed to mug everyone they play they'd be middle of the league defense that can hit hard. yay for seattle

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very inconsistent, comes up small too many times in big situations, outside of Matthews, no elite playmakers that other teams fear. Never said they're bad, just not great, and not as good as you seem to think.
THey're good enough to win a super bowl with if our offense actually shows up. That's plenty good for me. Raji is playing as good as anyone, so is Daniels. SHields and Randall are playing as good as any starting corner duo and one is a rookie. We have solid Safeties. We have good role players at other OLB spots. We're not that bad.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh god, go ahead and break down Seattles defensive games. Just do it for fun, use points per game too, just for fun. and if they were allowed to mug everyone they play they'd be middle of the league defense that can hit hard. yay for seattle

Well i can tell you this... Since we played 7 games against common opponents.

They held the opponent team to less points in 5 of those 7 from what I can tell. I would say that is better.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THey're good enough to win a super bowl with if our offense actually shows up. That's plenty good for me. Raji is playing as good as anyone, so is Daniels. SHields and Randall are playing as good as any starting corner duo and one is a rookie. We have solid Safeties. We have good role players at other OLB spots. We're not that bad.

That's what I am saying, Im not convinced that Arizona can't put 50 up on us again. Crossers have been habitually open. Run defense is off and on. 3rd and long defense is horrible at times.

Are you watching the same team I am? Raji is not playing as good as anyone. Did you see Calais Campbell last night? There are probably 10 DT playing better than Raji maybe more.

And seriously Shields and Randall? How about Josh Norman and Tillman and now Benwikere? Talib and Harris Jr.? They are not in the same league. And thats ok.

Think the Green and Gold glasses are on a little tight. Green Bay may have a decent defense. All I am saying is prove it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what I am saying, Im not convinced that Arizona can't put 50 up on us again. Crossers have been habitually open. Run defense is off and on. 3rd and long defense is horrible at times.

Are you watching the same team I am? Raji is not playing as good as anyone. Did you see Calais Campbell last night? There are probably 10 DT playing better than Raji maybe more.

And seriously Shields and Randall? How about Josh Norman and Tillman and now Benwikere? Talib and Harris Jr.? They are not in the same league. And thats ok.

Think the Green and Gold glasses are on a little tight. Green Bay may have a decent defense. All I am saying is prove it.
you're confusing saying this defense is good enough, and thinking i'm saying they have the best player in the history of the league at their respective positions.

This defense is good enough to win it all, the fact there are only a small handful of defenses that are maybe playing better than them says exactly what i've said since the beginning.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IMO, this defense isn't great, but almost to a man is playing better then last year and could be called an above average defense. If we had the same offense on the field as last year, we may be sitting at 11-1 give or take a game. So if the offense ever decides to show up this year, I'm pretty comfortable with the defense.

Look at it this way, how active has the *Fire Capers* thread been active this season? :coffee:

Members online

Latest posts