Vets in Trouble

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New guy plays the weak side

Not a chance on either. Pickett only gets the boot if somebody gains the weight to play NT behind Raji. As it stands Pickett is his only back-up. Woodson.will.retire.in.green.and.gold. Understand that now. He still has a few more productive years in him. Don't expect retirement until his contract runs out in 2015.

Didn't really mean they would "get the boot" but I could see if the packers have a successful season (superbowl) that one or both could chose to go out on top

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's just too slow in his reaction and too slow on his feet. That doesn't cut it. Last year clearly showed how much Collins covered for him in 2010.

L

Lunchboxer

I think that list pretty well sums it up. Also we could be seeing the last year of a few players. Maybe woodson and pickett

I think Woodson has 2 more seasons left in him.

Hes a great assist to the Lockeroom with that veteran experence. We really need people like that in the lockeroom. I can feel hes going to have another great season coming up.

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

The problem with Hawk is that when making tackles he thinks he's Tito Santana, leading with forearms. That's why that 60 plus yarder Blount ripped off happened. Hawk had him for a 7 yard gain or so, went for the knockout, and was made to look like hell. The HUGE problem with Hawk is that he just doesn't seem to 'get it'. Hawk needs to have his contract 'restructured' by Indianapolis at this point.

And this from someone who LOVED the pick when it was made in '06.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Can Neal be on the PUP list ( or other) for the first four games? If so, that will allow coaches some time to evaluate another player for longer...

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
With Walden close on his heels. Hawk will stick only because of his salary.

Yes, but what exactly does that have to do with Hawks retention?
If we were getting rid of Walden, we wouldn't have resigned him. As for Hawk, I would LOVE to see Francois unseat him, its just unlikely. Unless Bishop can play the strong side we have nobody else who will currently push him out. I can tell you from experience that the other side of the field is a different position; granted I went from sam to wil.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Walden was signed for the minimum. Not a ringing endorsement.

Yeah, simply because he was resigned has absolutely no bearing on him making the final roster. I hope he doesn't because that means someone else will push him out. All players have to have some type of contract to compete for a position, but it doesn't mean we're set on keeping them. His play in training camp and preseason will determine that. They're definitely giving him a second chance though . . .

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Can Neal be on the PUP list ( or other) for the first four games? If so, that will allow coaches some time to evaluate another player for longer...
PUP is only for players that can't pass the physical, not a place to stash players. He still has to miss his first four reg season games, whenever and wherever that is.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mike Neal is suspended for the first four games and I could be wrong but I don't believe suspended players count against the active player roster. So that should open up a roster spot for the first month to evaluate a player.

Members online

Latest posts