1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vets in Trouble

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NelsonsLongCatch, Apr 29, 2012.

1. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    Which veterans do you think are in danger of being released or traded due to free agency and the draft?

My vets in danger are:

1) Charlie Peprah, S
    -- Packers drafted a safety and a nickle corner

2) CJ Wilson, DE
    3) Jarius Wynn, DE
    -- Lawrence Guy returns from injury; Muir and Hargrove were signed in free agency; Worthy and Daniels were drafted

4) AJ Hawk, ILB
    5) Frank Zombo, OLB
    -- Perry and Manning were drafted; Walden was resigned

2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Agree a message was sent to those guys. Unfortunately, I doubt Hawk is in jeopardy. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I think that list pretty well sums it up. Also we could be seeing the last year of a few players. Maybe woodson and pickett

4. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    Hawk is not going to be here next year. We need cap room for Clay's big contract

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Unfortunately I don't think Peprah is in danger unless Woodson goes to Safety.

Is Zombo first off the block before Jones and Walden? I don't know..

6. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Woodson is in no danger, his level of play is still heads and tails better than most of our other DB's. Moving him to safety is the most logical move now that Nick is gone, if house or shields can step up and fill the DB position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I hate to think it but I think the odd men out may be Wilson and Peprah. TT seems to be sold on Hawk and no way is Woodson going anywhere. Wynn played well last year and looks to have a promising future, hopefully with the Packers.

8. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    If anything, DJ Smith would get the shot at taking Hawks spot over Manning. DJ Smith really played good last year. In the 4 games he started because of injury, he had 33 tackles which is about 8 a game. That is way better than the 84 tackles Hawk put up in 14 games

9. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    If Woodson moves to S I'll give him this year & next max

10. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    New guy plays the weak side
    Not a chance on either. Pickett only gets the boot if somebody gains the weight to play NT behind Raji. As it stands Pickett is his only back-up. Woodson.will.retire.in.green.and.gold. Understand that now. He still has a few more productive years in him. Don't expect retirement until his contract runs out in 2015.

11. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    IMO, Peprah and Hawk are safe. Wilson, Wynn, and Neal could be in trouble.

12. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    Let's not forget that being drafted does not guarantee you a roster spot. Last year the Packers drafted 10 players but only seven were on the active roster at the start of the season. I agree that Hawk and Peprah are safe. Peprah has been a reliable backup whenever we lost a starting safety. That's not something a player that I think you'd release unless you had a good alternative.

13. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Hawk is safe as in they wont cut him but there is no reason he there shouldnt be an open competition for his starting spot between him and DJ Smith in camp. He is still useful in short yardage but this crap about him leading the defense because he wears the helmet is getting tired.

14. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    And don't forget Manning. Although he is listed as an OLB, I heard a few statements to the effect that Capers and the Packers think he can play ILB. Manning could turn out to be a real steal in this draft for the Packers.

15. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422

Peprah could be gone. Just because we drafted a S and CB doesn't mean he's automatically out

At least one of our DL are guaranteed to get cut.

Zombo could get cut too. He's always injured and there is really no point in keep a guy who can't stay on the field. We already have Walden, Jones and now Perry. I think that's a solid rotation

16. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Peprah is surely safe. If anything, Anthony Levine is gone. Hawk is certainly safe also, Lattimore would be on the bubble I'd think or So'oto even though I know he's a fan favorite.
    On the D-line it's gotta be Johnny Jones or Muir. The Packers would drop players from the 3rd string before starters or backups.

17. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    S
    Peprah will probably stay, Levine was practice squad anyway, so M.D. Jennings is the likely the drop
    ILB
    Lattimore was also practice squad and manning plays weak side. DJ smith will move to sam and Francois is the more likely cut.
    OLB
    Walden stays because he was a re-sign. Brad Jones and Zombo become the likely drops.
    DE
    Johnny Jones is also practice squad, Muir and Hargrove were FA signs, so they stay. Wilson is almost certain to leave, and I'll pull the "shocker" and say Daniels gets cut. He's a bit small. Guy might not make it either.

That being said, there are more likely cuts elsewhere.
    TE.
    Crabtree and Williams
    Add anybody else we signed mid-season last year

18. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Crabtree and Williams should both be on the roster. Quarless will be the one getting cut.

19. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,069
    I know, nobody really wants to think about it but will Donald Driver have a roster spot ?
    Don't get me wrong, I do not want this to happen, but NFL-football is a business and in my opinion he is only our No. 3 or 4 WR and hey, he is 37 !
    I also agree that AJ Hawk will not be in danger, but Zombo and Wynn will have to fight for their spot.

20. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Why would we cut him when we can place him on the injury reserve and retain him while filling his roster spot? Taylor and Finley aint goin anywhere, and I expect two of our five TE will be cut for space. Even should we cut Quarless, that still leaves one more on the block. I'd rather have Williams than Crabtree, but Crabtree will fight for extra yards if he actually catches the ball.

21. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Competiton at this years camp will be something.

22. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    I think Peprah played himself out of a roster spot. He'd be my first player gone next season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    With Walden close on his heels. Hawk will stick only because of his salary.

24. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Yes, but what exactly does that have to do with Hawks retention?

25. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +186