Very Short Week

Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that today will be a day the players come in, workout, and watch film. It will basically be a day to rest and recover.

Tomorrow is the only day of practice for the Packers.

Found this article, which will be of help:

McCarthy said, "The coaching staff will spend Friday and Saturday working on Detroit."

Still, McCarthy will bring his staff back together after the Panthers game so it can finalize a game plan for Thanksgiving Day. There will be only one normal practice that week - on Tuesday - and even that will probably be conducted without pads and in an abbreviated form.

In deference to the short turnaround, McCarthy has cut back on some of the work in practice this week. He did the same thing last week after the Packers played two games in six days on the road.

Source.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Any one know what the schedule is for the team?

Monday is normally a day off I think. Tuesday they usually are reviewing films.

Did they have the day off today? Are they in films today a day early?

Thanks

(What was your thinking with next Wednesday's practice schedule?)
Well, the Thanksgiving game has been scheduled for quite some time. We played a Thursday game last year, I've played in the Thanksgiving game twice in my career as an assistant coach -- Kansas City against Dallas and Kansas City at Detroit. So I went back in the spring and looked at all those schedules and really, you play the game Sunday, Monday's really a Tuesday, and Tuesday's really a Thursday, and Wednesday's really a Saturday. And that's the way we went about it. Mike Eayrs presented the football team Thursday with a case study of how long it takes for your body to recover, the things that you can help your body recover with the fluids after the game. It's imperative that they work out Monday morning, the blood flow and all those things enhance recovery. So we have a plan, it's a plan that we've put together frankly in the spring and that's the schedule we'll follow.

Monday's really a Tuesday, and Tuesday's really a Thursday, and Wednesday's really a Saturday.

I think that's what you're looking for...

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Any one know what the schedule is for the team?

Monday is normally a day off I think. Tuesday they usually are reviewing films.

Did they have the day off today? Are they in films today a day early?

Thanks

(What was your thinking with next Wednesday's practice schedule?)
Well, the Thanksgiving game has been scheduled for quite some time. We played a Thursday game last year, I've played in the Thanksgiving game twice in my career as an assistant coach -- Kansas City against Dallas and Kansas City at Detroit. So I went back in the spring and looked at all those schedules and really, you play the game Sunday, Monday's really a Tuesday, and Tuesday's really a Thursday, and Wednesday's really a Saturday. And that's the way we went about it. Mike Eayrs presented the football team Thursday with a case study of how long it takes for your body to recover, the things that you can help your body recover with the fluids after the game. It's imperative that they work out Monday morning, the blood flow and all those things enhance recovery. So we have a plan, it's a plan that we've put together frankly in the spring and that's the schedule we'll follow.

Monday's really a Tuesday, and Tuesday's really a Thursday, and Wednesday's really a Saturday.

I think that's what you're looking for...

Thanks Zero.... I appreciate you. Good Stuff.

R.P.