Underdogs?

Reaction score
Image, the sports news media has the Vi-queens as underdogs Sunday, New Year's Day?
I'm a Packer fan, but not that optimistic.

Reaction score
This should conceivable be a dog fight. Much will depend on getting a player or two back. Particularly at OT

We need Watson back also. Stop using him in the end arounds unless he’s got better blocking. Opponents have sniffed that play out and he’s getting accosted behind LOS. Get him down the field more and draw Safety help and a PI call

Cvikes80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
End arounds and miss direction are exactly what the vikings are terrible at...you need more of it to get the dub

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will be won or lost up front bouth on O and D line.
If they play a great game we win if they don't we most likly lose.

And put Ja on Jefferson.
Even though JA is an overpaid CB with overinflated Ego hopefully he can slow him down enough.

They did do a good job on Hill so maybe they can shot down Jefferson.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will be won or lost up front bouth on O and D line.
If they play a great game we win if they don't we most likly lose.

And put Ja on Jefferson.
Even though JA is an overplayed CB with overinflated Ego hopefully he can slow him down enough.

They did do a good job on Hill so maybe they can shot down Jefferson.
Need Alexander on Jefferson with a Safety over the top to force Cousins to look elsewhere. If Jefferson runs wild it's over. Confident that the front 7 can contain (not stop, but limit) Cook from killing the D. Hopefully Quay can stick with Hockenson & hold him under 100 yds.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need Alexander on Jefferson with a Safety over the top to force Cousins to look elsewhere. If Jefferson runs wild it's over. Confident that the front 7 can contain (not stop, but limit) Cook from killing the D. Hopefully Quay can stick with Hockenson & hold him under 100 yds.
I just hope they try and cover him this time

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings have not been impressive over their last 3 games. Yeah, they came back big against a team they never should have been 30+ down against anyway. So what?
Very true, however, it does illustrate that no lead will be big enough for us and we can’t take our foot off the gas for a second. The biggest key to beating the Vikings is to get pressure on Cousins. Just like against the Dolphins, this one may well come down to turnovers/takeaways, and his worst performances are in games where he isn’t allowed to get comfortable. Tall task for us I know.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true, however, it does illustrate that no lead will be big enough for us and we can’t take our foot off the gas for a second. The biggest key to beating the Vikings is to get pressure on Cousins. Just like against the Dolphins, this one may well come down to turnovers/takeaways, and his worst performances are in games where he isn’t allowed to get comfortable. Tall task for us I know.
I agree with the idea of no letup though it does seem that the team lacks the ability to do so. It may well come down to whose offense is on the field longer. If GB can grab a decent first half lead, they have two guys who can grind out the yards and tire out the Vike defense in the second half. It helps that Cousins doesn't run, so that's a plus, but the vikes will be out to win this one for sure so we can expect their best players onfield the whole game. Most worrisome for me is the failure to convert third downs and success in the red zone. Optimistically, if Bakhtiari can play, we've got a good chance.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will certainly be tough. But we need to put up close to 30 or more. I believe we gave up
I agree with the idea of no letup though it does seem that the team lacks the ability to do so. It may well come down to whose offense is on the field longer. If GB can grab a decent first half lead, they have two guys who can grind out the yards and tire out the Vike defense in the second half. It helps that Cousins doesn't run, so that's a plus, but the vikes will be out to win this one for sure so we can expect their best players onfield the whole game. Most worrisome for me is the failure to convert third downs and success in the red zone. Optimistically, if Bakhtiari can play, we've got a good chance.
Yes. Exactly. Put up points and more points. The one aspect at least with a Cousins and a Brady is that you will never have the threat of taking off like a Hurts or a Fields or a Kaepernick. You can put that spy on someone else.

D

Deleted member 6794

Confident that the front 7 can contain (not stop, but limit) Cook from killing the D.

The Vikings have struggled to run the ball as of late. Cook hasn't had at least 100 rushing yards over the past six games, averaging only 63.7 yards per game and 3.86 yards per attempt over that span.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have struggled to run the ball as of late. Cook hasn't had at least 100 rushing yards over the past six games, averaging only 63.7 yards per game and 3.86 yards per attempt over that span.
It will still be quite a challenge for our defense. They have so many weapons. We have to put in points and hope the weather effects them more than us.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
every day from Christmas Day on has felt more balmy than the last to me. I was wondering why I wore a jacket this morning

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cloudy & 36 degrees? I'll be at the game and will probably be in short sleeves until dark. ;)
I am hoping it changes and maybe some sleet or freezing rain. May not make a difference but anything against that offense would help.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am quite shocked the Packers are favored by 3.5 points. That means on a neutral field they think the Packers are slightly better than the Vikings. The Vikings have won a lot of close games, but good teams find a way to win close games. They're definitely the better team this season.

Members online

Latest posts