Tye Hill available

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons made a huge downgrade to their secondary by releasing former Rams 13th overall pick CB Tye Hill and giving his roster spot to our own former Matt Giordano. I wouldn't really call Hill a bust but he isn't below average either. Mike Vandermause said that TT told people at fan fest that this team is ready for a huge playoff run so free agency isn't an option for the packers anymore. It never hurts to dream though.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hasn't really done much since he made the All Rookie Team in 06. He also seems to be injury prone.Wouldn't hurt though, since our depth at CB is very thin.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. When a former 1st round pick is traded for almost nothing out of a ****-poor franchise (no offense), and gets released by the team that traded him, when this team is desperate for talent at the position of this released player, then there's something VERY wrong about him...

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. When a former 1st round pick is traded for almost nothing out of a ****-poor franchise (no offense), and gets released by the team that traded him, when this team is desperate for talent at the position of this released player, then there's something VERY wrong about him...

OR they possibly didn't know what they hell they were doing.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OR they possibly didn't know what they hell they were doing.
Chances are higher that he's just not good than that 2 franchises desperate for quality CBs didn't keep this guy because both of them made a mistake by evaluating that he couldn't even stay on their roster...

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chances are higher that he's just not good than that 2 franchises desperate for quality CBs didn't keep this guy because both of them made a mistake by evaluating that he couldn't even stay on their roster...

Agreed, this guy can't play. I have never seen him make a big play, only get beat.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, this guy can't play. I have never seen him make a big play, only get beat.

He barely got the nod at the starting position. But when he did he intercepted a pass and returned it for a TD this season. My only suggestion is that we can bring him in for a workout and then test him out during the preseason. If he does well then let him stay, if not we can always cut him.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But in TT's world bringing him in means taking away snaps from HIS drafted players, and you know TT hates that. Trust me I agree we need some FA's, but TT wont allow it.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldnt mind bringing him in for a workout... We need to add some depth and he's still pretty young, can't hurt, but won't happen with TT

SidelineScouting

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tye Hill isn't very good, but I wouldn't mind picking him up, he'd be an upgrade over Jarrett Bush.

The one thing alot of Packer fans forget is Blackmon will be coming off injury, so we have 4 capable corners in Woodson, Harris, Williams, Blackmon. But if any one of them goes down, we're very exposed as we saw this year.

I think its more important for us to go after a guy who can take over for Harris as a #2 corner. I wish we could have gotten Cromartie, would have been a great complement to Woodson.

Members online

Latest posts