Tuesday Nov 25th press conference

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
McCarthy: We didn't play well against New Orleans
Coach Mike McCarthy is scheduled to address the media at 12:15 p.m. Check here for notable stuff as it comes in.

* On injuries: Patrick Lee knee sprain, Atari Bigby chronic ankle, Nick Collins knee contusion, Brandon Jackson ankle sprain, Johnny Jolly ankle sprain, Aaron Rouse ankle sprain.

* On Tony Moll: Thought he played well. He's a tough guy. He went in and competed. Had one mistake on first or second series.

* On breakdowns: Defense definitely not a strength against New Orleans. "We weren't intact ... We did not get pressure on quarterback that we prepared to do." Saints won the individual matchups. "It was not a good day for our defense."

* How to move forward: Since it's a short week, team will spend a short time going through corrections from New Orleans, but then "we need to jump on Carolina."

* On Saints QB: Said he doesn't think he gives credit often enough to play of other players. "I have to give credit to Drew Brees, he played at extremely high level last night." Said the Packers didn't play at the level they prepared for. "I anticipated us playing better."

* On inconsistencies of season: Said he doesn't share same opinion -- that although the New Orleans game was "a sound defeat" he thinks the Packers have had "opportunities to win almost every football game (this year) but this one."

* On Aaron Rodgers' INTs: Said that clearly turnovers were a big part of the loss, "but frankly I'm not going to get into all that today. The plan was to control the clock" and the team didn't in the second half. Turnovers were big factors in momentum swing for New Orleans.

* On punting game: When asked whether the team would be looking for a new punter, McCarthy said "We didn't punt very well." He thought punter was well-prepared. When pushed several times about whether he'd cut another punter who didn't perform, McCarthy said he didn't discuss player acquisition, adding "I hear you gentleman. I know where you're coming from. It's been heard and well-received."

* On rest of season: We need to concentrate on Sunday's game against Carolina, but McCarthy said he knows it's important to win every football game from here out.

* Thanksgiving schedule: McCarthy said he realized players, coaches, staff need to be with their families, so the schedule has been moved up in anticipation of being finished between noon and 1 p.m. Thursday.

44 blitz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More talking out the side of his mouth....(sigh) well there is always next year.

Members online

Latest posts