Trevor Davis's Poor Decision Making Skills

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im going to predict that all of these three WRs we just drafted are going to bounce Davis off the team. Even Gmo's job might be in jeopardy.
I suspect you could be right, everybody behind Adams and Cobb will be fighting for a job. I also think if more of the young guys pan out than we really expect, it could lead to a Cobb trade, not likely but a chance ( based on his high salary)

D

Deleted member 6794

Whatever happens, may the best players come out on top, but I hope we don't have to keep 2 WR's on the roster simply because they are special teamers and not that great of wide receivers.

I agree with most of your points. The Packers definitely shouldn't keep two wide receivers on the roster solely based on their special teams play.

I suspect you could be right, everybody behind Adams and Cobb will be fighting for a job. I also think if more of the young guys pan out than we really expect, it could lead to a Cobb trade, not likely but a chance ( based on his high salary)

The Packers didn't draft a receiver best suited to play in the slot, therefore Cobb will be on the roster in week 1.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with most of your points. The Packers definitely shouldn't keep two wide receivers on the roster solely based on their special teams play.

The Packers didn't draft a receiver best suited to play in the slot, therefore Cobb will be on the roster in week 1.
Yea, that is true, they drafted for the over the top guy...good point.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Yup. I realize having really good special teams players is important, but when 2, like Davis and Janis last year, are from the same position group, I think it really weakens the depth of that position.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He was speaking of next season I believe. I still think Cobb can have a bounce back season just as Donald Driver did in 2007, but that'll assume each of these picks produces for Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He was speaking of next season I believe. I still think Cobb can have a bounce back season just as Donald Driver did in 2007, but that'll assume each of these picks produces for Rodgers.
Cobb is going to have a Pro Bowl year, sign another HUGE contract with the Packers and THEN go back into the witness protection program. :coffee:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Cobb is going to have a Pro Bowl year, sign another HUGE contract with the Packers and THEN go back into the witness protection program. :coffee:
I can actually see Cobb having a big year. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he leads the team in catches this year.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're definitely stronger than Davis and just as fast, if not even faster. I see Davis losing the return duties.

If fast equaled good returner, Sam Shields would've actually been good at it when they tried him there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I say if they don't improve the return game at all this year, Fire Ron Zook! He's a Mike Sherman kind of coach.
Maybe I am missing something, but were special teams all that bad?

Davis was tied for 7th in the NFL with an average of 22.8 yds/return and his 12 yds/return on punts ranked him 3rd. Punt and kick coverages were good. A few bad snaps or holds on FG's and PAT's, but that is hard to fault Zook.

Is Zook the greatest special teams coach of all time? No, but I prefer him over Slocum and probably quite a few others.