Training Camp, 2023

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
From what I've heard, read, seen:

Jaire, Clark, and Campbell all look like they're in elite form.

Love has been up and down. The good I've heard is mostly in regards to decision-making and pocket presence. The bad has been accuracy. Some wow throws mixed in.

Jayden Reed looked great on day 2.

Reaction score
Yes Good thoughts
So far, Musgrave and Reed sound like they are who we thought they are. I really think Reeds Punt and KR history gives him some + Juke ability that’ll show up early on.

Also, we went from thin at OLB later last year to relatively thick with options. If Gary gets back earlier we’re talking our backups become Enagbare and Van Ness. That’s a very good group of LB’s and it’s backed up by Campbell and Walker inside.

They had moved Garvin inside but because that OLB was a little crowded he was just released today. Garvin has missed a significant portion of time already this year so it aligns with availability. This is somewhat positive news for Brenton Cox Jr. or Special Teamer LaDarius Hamilton and several others at the bottom of the OLB food chain

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see where they put Van Ness on the 2nd team from the 3rd. I would hope they would put him on the 1st team while Gary is out. After all...
Musgrave seems to be dropping some balls. Usually that is because of not looking the ball into his mitts and anticipating a hair too much where he is going to go or worrying about getting hit. Catch the ball first!

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Tom taking 1st team snaps at center. Glad they’re at least pushing Myers. He’s definitely the weak link.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom taking 1st team snaps at center. Glad they’re at least pushing Myers. He’s definitely the weak link.
Myers has never graded out over a 75.0. That's not even close to average. When I see "ex" Packer centers out there, like Linsley & Tretter, it makes me frown.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected a lot more from him, that is for sure.
The two problems we have are money, and the effect on secondary positions when we move someone like Jenkins over there. I think that's why they're trying out other guys at center, with the intent of fielding the highest rated offensive linemen combined. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Caleb Jones is supposedly having a great camp, which helps the move in terms of feasibility. If Tom were to take over at center, they would need the tackle depth.

Reaction score
The two problems we have are money, and the effect on secondary positions when we move someone like Jenkins over there. I think that's why they're trying out other guys at center, with the intent of fielding the highest rated offensive linemen combined. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.
It’s a tough deal. We spent a 2nd Rounder and that should get you one heck of a Center. We definitely can’t afford below average play at Center, especially when we have 3-4 options already on board that have played that position regularly at some point. Also I understand Tom came into camp with ~15lbs more muscle in that 315 range and that tells me he’s very serious about getting into that starting lineup. Myers better get his butt in gear or he’s going to be living down in a van down by the River!!

Attachments

• IMG_5469.png
    IMG_5469.png
    771 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s a tough deal. We spent a 2nd Rounder and that should get you one heck of a Center. We definitely can’t afford below average play at Center, especially when we have 3-4 options already on board that have played that position regularly at some point. Also I understand Tom came into camp with ~15lbs more muscle in that 315 range and that tells me he’s very serious about getting into that starting lineup. Myers better get his butt in gear or he’s going to be living down in a van down by the River!!
Considering Myers hasn't shown much improvement to this point, we can only hope there's a chance he'll get better, but sure can't count on it. He should be about the best he can be by now.

It's amazing how someone with lesser talent can end up a starter in one position while a guy with a ton of talent can't even break the lineup in another.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seemed to start OK as a rookie. Not great, but looked like he could play the part. Then got hurt, then spent a season where I thought he'd show growth and get better, but didn't and sometimes looked worse, but I could never tell if it was him or the guys to his right that were the problem or if they just swapped ******** things up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can't say the word were you take a drill and basically slotted nail with threads on it that is used to fasten metal and wood but also has other meanings?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caleb Jones is supposedly having a great camp, which helps the move in terms of feasibility. If Tom were to take over at center, they would need the tackle depth.
I think they need Tom to stay at tackle. He showed last year he could also play on the left side. I would be more apt to try Jenkins at center. Jenkings showed me he can't play tackle and moving him to center, while not ideal, he would be easier to replace at guard. And maybe he would be awesome there. ?? Seems like we are still missing at least one piece on the line.

Reaction score
I actually laughed because I have no idear what you’re talking about. But it sounds funny

Reaction score
Malik Heath beat everyone.
Ballantine got beat every time.
Thanks for the updates.
That Malik Heath could very well be flying under the radar. Some off field stuff gave him problems a few years ago. Changed Universities, had a child and seems to be on a good path. Teams were afraid of Heath’s past and we took a chance on him. He seems to understand this might be his last chance and that motivation is making him lay it all on the line.
Heath reminds me of what we thought we had in J’mon Moore several years ago. Obviously Moore couldn’t catch a cold. Similar Junior year production spike and slower Combine 40’s that (4.64/4.60 respectively) might not accurately depict the player in pads. At 6’2 X 213lb he’s got great muscle density. 1.56 X 10yard is very respectable

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts