Tracking the New Orleans Saints (2019 1st rounder)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the Saints will be fine. Both picks will be in the 20's and they will try to package them to move into the top 10 for a pass rusher.
Not sure about that. They lost at home and gave up 48 to what was projected to be the last place team in their division. I’ve always seen them as being very inconsistent year to year. They could be ripe to go 4-12.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure about that. They lost at home and gave up 48 to what was projected to be the last place team in their division. I’ve always seen them as being very inconsistent year to year. They could be ripe to go 4-12.
but that last place team got better when their starting QB got suspended :)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hex? Nawl'ens must get to people. Apparently your folks are into voodoo now as well. I suppose some will think, if it gives us the #1 pick - have at it.

I'm not THAT bad... :rolleyes:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I can definitely envision a top 10 pick coming via the Saints. Will be interesting to see what type of talent is available at the top 10-12 level.
I haven’t seen or heard of any generational talents available this year in college football but it’s still early.

Early projections are a strong EDGE class and oh look at what we need! Depending on what we have for picks, Gute may have to dive into the FA EDGE market, but that is always super expensive for any of the guys who even remotely look like potential studs. We may see both picks used on the one position.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Early projections are a strong EDGE class and oh look at what we need! Depending on what we have for picks, Gute may have to dive into the FA EDGE market, but that is always super expensive for any of the guys who even remotely look like potential studs. We may see both picks used on the one position.
Seems to have worked on our CB problem. Let's throw our 2 picks at OLBs next year. With wheeling dealing Gute, I will be surprised if we stay pat with both picks.

DL will be the exceptionally deep as well. Can always use a DE.

D

Deleted member 6794

To be honest, If at least one of our first rounders is within the top 20, I'd rather not have them trade up or down and just go BPA on a position of need (EDGE, OL, S, RB).

I fully expect Gutekunst to use those two first round picks in next year's draft to move up to select a prospect having a decent chance of immediately contributing in a big way.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like they're hitting the stride.

Giants, Redskins and Ravens to follow.
Vikings and Rams for next 2.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO is going to the playoffs, no question about it. Now lets just hope they get thrown out immediately when that happens

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking like no worse than NFC Championship game for them vs the Rams. They are just much better than we are.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints pick will be after 25 unless brees goes down.
Yeah, if trends hold our Saints pick is going to be lower than our Packers pick. Didn't really have high hopes for it anyway, but it still feels like bad luck.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their pick will be in the late 20's, our pick will be somewhere around 14-16.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their pick will be in the late 20's, our pick will be somewhere around 14-16.
That's where we were last year with Hundley. I'd be shocked if our pick was that high, unless Rodgers gets knocked out again.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's where we were last year with Hundley. I'd be shocked if our pick was that high, unless Rodgers gets knocked out again.

We're gonna get killed by the Rams and Patriots... and we're not as good as either Chicago or Minnesota.

That puts us at likely 6 losses right there. If Rodgers goes down?? We're definitemy drafting in the top 10.

D

Deleted member 6794

We're gonna get killed by the Rams and Patriots... and we're not as good as either Chicago or Minnesota.

Geez, the Packers would be 2-0 against Chicago and Minnesota if not for a ridiculous roughing the passer call.