Tracking the New Orleans Saints (2019 1st rounder)

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this rate I definitely think that pick is 30th-32nd. So I think we will have our pick at 15th-18th. Most likely we trade out of the 1st Round and get another 2nd and a 3rd. So we most likely could have 3 players with 1st Round grades after the conclusion of the 2nd Round.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this rate I definitely think that pick is 30th-32nd. So I think we will have our pick at 15th-18th. Most likely we trade out of the 1st Round and get another 2nd and a 3rd. So we most likely could have 3 players with 1st Round grades after the conclusion of the 2nd Round.

A little clarification please. Are you saying we keep our own pick and trade out with the NO pick? I don't think that will happen. I think Gute is going to be far more aggressive and will package the two to move up. Especially if our pick is in the low teens which it may very well be. The addition of a 30-32 pick might just be enough to move us up into the top 10.

On the other hand if a trade down would give us similar results as last year I wouldn't mind.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct, I don't see us trading up with that NO pick being so high. I think Gute probably has a plan to move up; but keep in mind we're only halfway through the season and Picks 1-15 are FAR from cemented yet. Then add to the fact that prospect rankings will probably determine 75% of whether teams are willing to deal their picks or not, and you have a lot of uncertainty there. The scenario I presented is kind of like a "worst-case" scenario, but a scenario that will work no matter what happens from now til Draft Day.

D

Deleted member 6794

All the more reason to trade up and get an elite pass rusher.

It's possible that Nick Bosa is the only pass rusher considered a slam dunk in next year's draft. The Saints first round pick will likely not be good enough to move up for him though.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, there is no way we should trade up from our own pick with the Saints one. Having 2 first rounders is huge, and no single pick is going to make a struggling position group a strength. No Nick Bosa, no Joey Bosa, no Khalil Von Bosa. Furthermore it is not like edge rusher is our only need. I'd rather trade up from our saints pick with our second rounder.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct, I don't see us trading up with that NO pick being so high. I think Gute probably has a plan to move up; but keep in mind we're only halfway through the season and Picks 1-15 are FAR from cemented yet. Then add to the fact that prospect rankings will probably determine 75% of whether teams are willing to deal their picks or not, and you have a lot of uncertainty there. The scenario I presented is kind of like a "worst-case" scenario, but a scenario that will work no matter what happens from now til Draft Day.

For sure. I just see Gute as more aggressive. He traded back last year but he didn't really have the ammunition to trade up. This year maybe he does with the extra first rounder and the 4th we got for HHCD.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, there is no way we should trade up from our own pick with the Saints one. Having 2 first rounders is huge, and no single pick is going to make a struggling position group a strength. No Nick Bosa, no Joey Bosa, no Khalil Von Bosa. Furthermore it is not like edge rusher is our only need. I'd rather trade up from our saints pick with our second rounder.

I wouldn't say no way as it totally depends on who is available and where the picks fall. Part of me agrees with you though. Even the slam dunks are not guaranteed so having more picks ups the odds but at the same time those slam dunks are considered that for a reason. As WIMM says the Saints pick likely will not be enough to get us Bosa so what do you do? Use it to move up and grab a lesser player or stand pat and take what falls to us at our pick then see what happens at the end of the round?

I'd like to have that Kahlil Von Bosa dude though. Sounds like a beast.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible that Nick Bosa is the only pass rusher considered a slam dunk in next year's draft. The Saints first round pick will likely not be good enough to move up for him though.

Bosa, Oliver, and Williams could be available as late as 4th-8th. We would need to be drafting drafting 17th and under to get to 8th if the Saints have the 30th pick or higher. We would need to draft 12th-14th to have a chance at sniffing the 4th Overall Pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bosa would significantly improve the talent at edge rusher. The Packers might still need another talented player at the position though.

Bosa, Oliver, and Williams could be available as late as 4th-8th. We would need to be drafting drafting 17th and under to get to 8th if the Saints have the 30th pick or higher. We would need to draft 12th-14th to have a chance at sniffing the 4th Overall Pick.

I highly doubt that Bosa will drop to the fourth pick. The Packers definitely don't need to spend their first pick on another cornerback in Williams.