Tracking playoff positioning

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
2 of those 3 teams? What if it ended up being the Chiefs and Chargers in the AFCCG? I assume at KC?
What I've seen:
a coin flip to determine home-field advantage in a possible Bengals-Ravens postseason matchup
Looks like it comes into play only if it includes 2 of the three based on the upcoming games and final seeding.
The AFC Championship Game will be played at a neutral site if:
  1. Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both win or tie in Week 18 + both teams advance to the AFC title game.
  2. Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both lose + Cincinnati (11-4) also loses or ties in Week 18 + Buffalo and Kansas City advance to the AFC title game.
  3. Buffalo (12-3) and Kansas City (13-3) both lose + Cincinnati (11-4) wins + the AFC title game is either Bills-Chiefs or Bengals-Chiefs.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The game has major ramifications for the playoffs. But, let's just ignore it and move on. I wonder, how would you feel if your team got shut out of the first seed because they weren't allowed to finish a game?
I had no idea until just now that Skip Bayless is a Packer Forum member.

A belated welcome to the forum, Skip!!!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

Here are all possible scenarios with only Kansas City vs. either Buffalo or Cincinnati possibly being played at a neutral site. All other games would be played at the higher ranked team.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I had no idea until just now that Skip Bayless is a Packer Forum member.

A belated welcome to the forum, Skip!!!
Well, the Bills don't have the chance now for the number one seed. But, that doesn't matter, does it?

But equate me to Clueless because I point out the ramifications to the Bills. Yeah, okay.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, the Bills don't have the chance now for the number one seed. But, that doesn't matter, does it?

But equate me to Clueless because I point out the ramifications to the Bills. Yeah, okay.

Everyone is aware that the Bills lost out on a chance for the #1 seed with their game against the Bengals being canceled and the Chiefs winning yesterday.

We completely disagree on the importance of it based on the circumstances though.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad news, boys. The only way we avoid facing the Niners in the playoffs is losing tonight or next week if the Niners get the #1 seed.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate SF! And I don't want to play them but it is time for the Packers to beat these boys in the post season. I'm tired of losing to that team.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You and I haven’t agreed on much… but This time we do.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts