Tough Decision

PackerBacker4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to buy a jersey sometime this week from tarajersey.com and am struggling to pick a player. I'm thinking Clay Matthews because he should b a Packer for quite some time and is a tank. Just wondering who you guys have and reasons for getting them. Tough decisions!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I own a green Rodgers, green Driver, White Matthews...I have been contemplating about Nick Collins...I know he got his extension and all, but I'd rather get a player that has the best chance to end his career w/ Green Bay...he is always on the injury report so it scares me to get his jersey...Cullen Jenkins wouldn't be a bad choice either

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
You should be able to find a Jerod Bush or a Justin Harrell on the rack for cheap. :happy0005:

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver.... will retire a Packer and go into the Packers history books. All around great guy and player. A real "Packers" player.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
FAVRE!!!!!! Just kidding, put down your weapons!!! LOL!!!

Matthews is most recent but the bloody thing is on back-order! I'm also seriously considering Finley, Grant and Harris. Rogers is always a popular choice. I'd really love to someday find a vintage (or replica more like it) Reggie White jersey. I would never wear it as I would consider it priceless.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver.... will retire a Packer and go into the Packers history books. All around great guy and player. A real "Packers" player.
Yup thats why I got the one I did during the 50th year in Lambeau. Got it for $80 on Ebay and It was worth way more than that to me

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a Hawk Jersey. Was thinking about getting a Raji jersey since I haven't seen anyone wearing one yet. But then again I don't live up in Wisconsin anymore. Thought about getting a Neal jersey also but I think I will wait on that one. lol

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I have a jennings, Finley, the probowl cwood jersey an old school sharpe jersey and I recently picked up a shields jersey(I think this kid is raw and will become a hell of a player)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If I were a Packer fan....I would say Driver. Someone who will more than likely retire(for real) as a Packer.

Now if the Vikings ever move, which will mean I will become a Packer fan, the jersey I would want the most would be a classic "Starr" jersery.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were a Packer fan....I would say Driver. Someone who will more than likely retire(for real) as a Packer.

Now if the Vikings ever move, which will mean I will become a Packer fan, the jersey I would want the most would be a classic "Starr" jersery.
you sir would be welcome!

BTW, just out of curiosity, how has been the dynamic with "Favre" fans? How do true Vikings fans see them?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
you sir would be welcome!

BTW, just out of curiosity, how has been the dynamic with "Favre" fans? How do true Vikings fans see them?
Mostly as fair weather or bandwagon types. I know some personally here at work and they won't go back to the Packers untill TT and MM are gone. They really put the blame on them. I have found that there are really three schools to Favre fans.

1)Packer fans who respect what he did and believe it was a business decision on both the Packers and Brett's part. While they don't hate him, they will welcome him back when he retires for good for what he did for the Packers.*

2)Those that blame Packers management. These appear to be the ones mostly supporting him and the Vikings currently.

3) Those that can't stand him. Blame him for everything and claim they will never welcome him back. Many of these consider the first two types not "True" Packer fans

*Before you go off on this. Food for thought. Understanding this isn't all Brett's doing, but.

1975-1991 258 games prior to Brett. Wins, losses, ties. 101-153-4 .391 winning percentage. One playoff appearance. 1982.
1992-2007 256 games with Brett. Wins, losses, ties. 161-95-0 .629 winning percentage. 11 playoff appearances, Two Super Bowls and one Super Bowl win.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How are the last cathegory "Favre fans"?

And no one denies what he did for the Packers. A lot denies that the credit was distributed unfairly. Specially when you take into account what are Mike Holmgren's and Reggie White's numbers with the Packers...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1)Packer fans who respect what he did and believe it was a business decision on both the Packers and Brett's part. While they don't hate him, they will welcome him back when he retires for good for what he did for the Packers.*

*Before you go off on this. Food for thought. Understanding this isn't all Brett's doing, but.

1975-1991 258 games prior to Brett. Wins, losses, ties. 101-153-4 .391 winning percentage. One playoff appearance. 1982.
1992-2007 256 games with Brett. Wins, losses, ties. 161-95-0 .629 winning percentage. 11 playoff appearances, Two Super Bowls and one Super Bowl win.
One of the things those stats doesn't show is that before Brent, the Pack never lost one playoff game at home.
So the blown playoff home games by Burnt due to INTs are blinded by the rose colored glasses.

True, he does get credit where it's due for the Pack back then, but there are two sides to every story.
And right now, for me anyway, it's easier to be :mad2: at him for what he has done.

And he is nowhere near as good as people think he is.
If he was then he would have won more than one SB by now.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
One of the things those stats doesn't show is that before Brent, the Pack never lost one playoff game at home.
So the blown playoff home games by Burnt due to INTs are blinded by the rose colored glasses.

True, he does get credit where it's due for the Pack back then, but there are two sides to every story.
And right now, for me anyway, it's easier to be :mad2: at him for what he has done.

And he is nowhere near as good as people think he is.
If he was then he would have won more than one SB by now.
That playoff stat at home is a little misleading. Prior to 1991 the Packer played 7 playoff games at home. And lets remember, that usually one game for the year in a 14 team league on the average(until 1970). After, they played and won the next 7 at home. So, 7 playoff games at home over 55 years, another 7 home playoff games in 11 years and then a loss.

And about that first loss. 5 minutes into the game the Vikings were up 14-0. Maybe the fact that the Packer Defense had given up 131 yards and 2 TD's to the Vikings in that time frame had something to do with the loss and the at least the play calls resulting in the first interception. The Packers were playing from behind from the start.

Members online

Latest posts